HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #16 - 2013 Offseason edition ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-12-2013, 04:50 PM
  #626
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Still curious on the money, but 4 years is a bit longer than I would have guessed... I had 3 in my head.
years do nothing but defray cap cost. He can be cut at any time

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 04:53 PM
  #627
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,754
vCash: 50
he had 2 good years and is still young enough. Fills a need. Next is OL and LB

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 04:55 PM
  #628
RayFIN
Registered SKOG Fan
 
RayFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Country: Christmas Island
Posts: 73,031
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
years do nothing but defray cap cost. He can be cut at any time
But isn't the team still stuck with a cap hit? I read that with Fitzpatrick being cut, the Bills have like $10M against the cap from him.

RayFIN is online now  
Old
03-12-2013, 04:58 PM
  #629
Blackhawkswincup
Fading Away
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 136,844
vCash: 302
4 yr deal for guy with 1 year of success in NFL ,, Wonderful

And expect Davis to remain a Bear and serve as #2 TE in 1-2 set

Embarrassment that Davis has not been cut

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 04:58 PM
  #630
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
But isn't the team still stuck with a cap hit? I read that with Fitzpatrick being cut, the Bills have like $10M against the cap from him.
The guaranteed money is pro-rated over the life of the deal. For example, if the Bears cut Kellen Davis he still counts $1.34 vs the Cap instead of $2.5 that he's due to make.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:00 PM
  #631
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
4 yr deal for guy with 1 year of success in NFL ,, Wonderful

And expect Davis to remain a Bear and serve as #2 TE in 1-2 set

Embarrassment that Davis has not been cut
I tend to think you might be right. Cutting him only saves them like $900,000 vs the cap.

This was Bennett's first year as the #1 tight end in an offense. Before that he was behind Witten who Romo always looked to.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:00 PM
  #632
Blackhawkswincup
Fading Away
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 136,844
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Would be nice to sign Bushrod and then you can probably get a RT at 20 (maybe Fluker). Get a guard or line backer in the 2nd round.
Bushrod is one of the bottom tier of LT's in NFL

He is not good at all he ranks in bottom 3rd of LT rankings

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:01 PM
  #633
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Bushrod is one of the bottom tier of LT's in NFL

He is not good at all he ranks in bottom 3rd of LT rankings
He's an upgrade over Webb.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:01 PM
  #634
Blackhawkswincup
Fading Away
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 136,844
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
I tend to think you might be right. Cutting him only saves them like $900,000 vs the cap.

This was Bennett's first year as the #1 tight end in an offense. Before that he was behind Witten who Romo always looked to.
Rather have some CFL or AFL castoff play TE for Bears then Davis

I dont care how small the cap savings would have been it is a joke he is being brought back

Maybe Emery will get a clue and dump the worst TE in NFL

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:01 PM
  #635
Blackhawkswincup
Fading Away
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 136,844
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
He's an upgrade over Webb.
Bushrod > Webb is about on par with saying Cleveland > Detroit

True but it doesn't change fact Cleveland is still awful

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:04 PM
  #636
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Rather have some CFL or AFL castoff play TE for Bears then Davis

I dont care how small the cap savings would have been it is a joke he is being brought back

Maybe Emery will get a clue and dump the worst TE in NFL
I could see them cutting him if they draft a TE in one of the later rounds.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:05 PM
  #637
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,944
vCash: 500
fitzpatrick has to be the dumbest signing ever. bills give him a pile of money for 6 games last season and cut him less than 30 games into it.

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:06 PM
  #638
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,252
vCash: 500
Confirmed the Bears are talking to Bushrod

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:10 PM
  #639
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,252
vCash: 500
NFL.com ranked the top 85 free agents.

34) Jermon Bushrod, OT, New Orleans Saints: Bushrod will be the perfect test case for proving what an average starting tackle with a random Pro Bowl nod gets on the market.

43) Martellus Bennett, TE, New York Giants: If you can overlook the flaky off-field persona, Bennett fits the mold as a complete tight end who can block and catch.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:11 PM
  #640
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,252
vCash: 500
Jared Cook going to the Rams

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:11 PM
  #641
Blackhawkswincup
Fading Away
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 136,844
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
fitzpatrick has to be the dumbest signing ever. bills give him a pile of money for 6 games last season and cut him less than 30 games into it.
Yes it was an odd move to give him all that money/etc midway thru year when his flaws were pretty apparant

I think it was just desperation/hope on Bills part that they finally had a QB worth investing in since Bledsoe went up there

In end it was a disaster and Fitzpatrick is really not cut out for #1 role.. His noodle arm and back breaking INT's killed them

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:13 PM
  #642
Blackhawkswincup
Fading Away
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 136,844
vCash: 302
Also with regards to Bennett

Giants system makes TE's look better then they actually are. Ballard was nobody who had good year and Boss has been awful since he left NY

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:17 PM
  #643
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Also with regards to Bennett

Giants system makes TE's look better then they actually are. Ballard was nobody who had good year and Boss has been awful since he left NY
Victor Cruz was a nobody who had a good year with the Giants too.

Boss went from having Eli Manning throwing to him to Carson Palmer/Jason Cambell/Kyle Boeller throwing to him

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:19 PM
  #644
MurrayBannerman
Incog-Theo
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI
Country: United States
Posts: 32,017
vCash: 2660
I'd like for them to shift to a RELIABLE two TE set and run a lot of high percentage passes with Jeffrey and Marshall occasionally stretching the field. Bennett could help there.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:21 PM
  #645
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I'd like for them to shift to a RELIABLE two TE set and run a lot of high percentage passes with Jeffrey and Marshall occasionally stretching the field. Bennett could help there.
Problem is none of those guys are true field stretching wide receivers. Its one of the reason I'd love to see them go after Tavon Austin at 20 or maybe a speed guy in the 4th round.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:23 PM
  #646
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I'd like for them to shift to a RELIABLE two TE set and run a lot of high percentage passes with Jeffrey and Marshall occasionally stretching the field. Bennett could help there.
except that's not playing to cutler's(or the current team's) strengths at all.

id much rather see a ton of 3 receiver sets and use forte as a dump option.

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:24 PM
  #647
Blackhawkswincup
Fading Away
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 136,844
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Victor Cruz was a nobody who had a good year with the Giants too.

Boss went from having Eli Manning throwing to him to Carson Palmer/Jason Cambell/Kyle Boeller throwing to him
^
Cruz is a WR and Giants have had WR's go elsewhere and be successful

Boss was terrible in Oakland and then went to KC and looked meh before getting hurt

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:25 PM
  #648
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,419
vCash: 500
So BWC, I take it you've already made your mind up abut Bennett? No matter what happens you have already formed a conclusion about him? Similar to McClellin?

TorMenT is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:27 PM
  #649
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
^
Cruz is a WR and Giants have had WR's go elsewhere and be successful

Boss was terrible in Oakland and then went to KC and looked meh before getting hurt
He had 39 targets all year in Oakland. If you pro-rate that to the 69 targets he had the 2 years before that, he ends up with 50 receptions and 651 yards, his best season yet.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:29 PM
  #650
Blackhawkswincup
Fading Away
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 136,844
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
So BWC, I take it you've already made your mind up abut Bennett? No matter what happens you have already formed a conclusion about him? Similar to McClellin?
Well in Dallas he constantly had trouble understanding offense , dropped big time plays , took shots at his QB in media and was always injured. Oh and lets not forget his questionable work ethic/committment while there

Yeah I am already of a conclusion this has disaster written all over it. Goes to NYG system that is favorable for TE's and puts up in a contract year

Bears throw money and 4 yr deal at him ,,, Yeah we know how this will go

Guy was an absolute waste of roster spot in Dallas and bigtime disappointment. Blame Romo/Witten all you want but the fact is Bennett didn't put in the effort to improve his game and in end the Cowboys cut ties

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.