HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Thread IV (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 04:38 PM
RBarRegular

vCash: 500
I, too, am looking for two for Saturday, 4/27. DM me if you've got any. Thanks!

Old
04-22-2013, 05:40 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Here is the reply I got from my ticket rep.

Quote:
We do not have the exact date however it should be in June around the same time as the Draft Party. You will receive an email once we have a final date. Hope you have a great day!
Still have no idea what is going on Friday and Saturday.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:36 PM
jackets4life
Movember

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Here is the reply I got from my ticket rep.

Still have no idea what is going on Friday and Saturday.
Exactly where I am at right now.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Byrral

Don't want to confuse things any more than it already is. But I am a former full season and the half-season ticket holder and I received an email on April 19th to come to the open house on the 26th or 27th. It was addressed from "Hey, It's Me, Your Former Seat At Nationwide Arena." LOL. Basically said as a former season ticket holder they wanted to give me the first opportunity to see available locations for the 2013-14 season. Looks like they want to recruit some new business and will take care of you loyal folks after

Old
04-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Some of the winners were announced during home games and they were introduced as Day One. They did the same last year.

Again I'm sure there was no funny bushiness. I'm just in a bad mood over somethings with the team right now.
I'm not a day one STH but I did see my name on the list as a prize winner only to contact my rep about it and be told it wasn't me but another guy with the same name who is apparently a STH as well. Was a bit disappointed by that one.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:31 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 2000
Quote:
I'm just in a bad mood over somethings with the team right now.
I don't understand a select a seat being held without allowing the PSL and tenured STH's first dibs.

As for the prizes - they give away 2 sets of game worns in the sweepstakes, then theres even less a chance to get the Fan Appreciation Saturday night giveaway with 18,000 people texting to win. That means the second year in a row there will be limited availability of gamers this summer.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:01 PM
neek21

Hopefully I'm not the only ticket holder feeling slighted, but why are the partial plan holders not getting their seats guaranteed throughout each series instead of just one game?? I realize I'm 'down the food chain' ( I have a quarter season plan, I live 1.5 hours away, and don't get out of work sometimes until as late as 7 pm, so I have to have nearly exclusively Saturday, Sunday, and an occasional Friday game) from the full season ticket/PSL folks, but really?? I was a just a six-game holder in 08/09 and received 6 tickets (2 to each of games 3,4 and 6, though I was moved over a lower bowl section, which I didn't mind)...why the difference now?? I renew my plan and get a video from John Davidson thanking me for my renewal, calling the season ticket base the 'lifeblood' of the franchise, and this is what I get for spending a HUGE chunk of my hard earned money at Nationwide?? Treat the folks right that treat you right, reward loyalty (Lord knows this team needs loyal fans after what we've been thru the last few seasons)...I'm very disappointed with this ticketing policy...the team (front office) gets us back after the lockout, the team (on the ice) almost miraculously could qualify for the playoffs in a season they were expected to be at or near last place, then the team (front office again) short changes those loyal fans that stuck it out...okay, I'm done venting, again hopefully I'm not the only person upset about this deal

Last edited by neek21: 04-22-2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Grammatical errors
Old
04-23-2013, 06:39 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek21 View Post
Hopefully I'm not the only ticket holder feeling slighted, but why are the partial plan holders not getting their seats guaranteed throughout each series instead of just one game?? I realize I'm 'down the food chain' ( I have a quarter season plan, I live 1.5 hours away, and don't get out of work sometimes until as late as 7 pm, so I have to have nearly exclusively Saturday, Sunday, and an occasional Friday game) from the full season ticket/PSL folks, but really?? I was a just a six-game holder in 08/09 and received 6 tickets (2 to each of games 3,4 and 6, though I was moved over a lower bowl section, which I didn't mind)...why the difference now?? I renew my plan and get a video from John Davidson thanking me for my renewal, calling the season ticket base the 'lifeblood' of the franchise, and this is what I get for spending a HUGE chunk of my hard earned money at Nationwide?? Treat the folks right that treat you right, reward loyalty (Lord knows this team needs loyal fans after what we've been thru the last few seasons)...I'm very disappointed with this ticketing policy...the team (front office) gets us back after the lockout, the team (on the ice) almost miraculously could qualify for the playoffs in a season they were expected to be at or near last place, then the team (front office again) short changes those loyal fans that stuck it out...okay, I'm done venting, again hopefully I'm not the only person upset about this deal
I was a 6 game holder in 08/09 and the only tickets that were made available for me were for game 6. Only ended up going to Game 4 because I was quick on the email button when the Jacket Backers made some available.

If you're a quarter season ticket holder like I am, think about it this way, the seat you sit in could have also been sold to 3 other people just like you. They'd probably also like to go to any playoff games. Nationwide Arena can't double in size for the playoffs to accommodate all the seats that are double or quadruple sold throughout the year to all the season ticket holders.

Dunno how you got so lucky in 08/09, I'm actually pretty jealous.

Old
04-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I was a 6 game holder in 08/09 and the only tickets that were made available for me were for game 6. Only ended up going to Game 4 because I was quick on the email button when the Jacket Backers made some available.

If you're a quarter season ticket holder like I am, think about it this way, the seat you sit in could have also been sold to 3 other people just like you. They'd probably also like to go to any playoff games. Nationwide Arena can't double in size for the playoffs to accommodate all the seats that are double or quadruple sold throughout the year to all the season ticket holders.

Dunno how you got so lucky in 08/09, I'm actually pretty jealous.
Yes, I had a similar experience. In 08/09 I was a 6-game holder and the only tickets available to me was for Game 4. I was told by my ticket rep that if I upgraded to a quarter season for the following year, he'd put me on a list to call if any tickets for Game 3 came available after current full and half season ticket holders had their crack. I did upgrade. Two Game 3 tickets came available at the last minute so I was able to go to both Game 3 and 4.

Old
04-23-2013, 07:11 AM
letsgojackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
I'm not a day one STH but I did see my name on the list as a prize winner only to contact my rep about it and be told it wasn't me but another guy with the same name who is apparently a STH as well. Was a bit disappointed by that one.
The EXACT same thing happened to me...

Old
04-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
I don't understand a select a seat being held without allowing the PSL and tenured STH's first dibs.

As for the prizes - they give away 2 sets of game worns in the sweepstakes, then theres even less a chance to get the Fan Appreciation Saturday night giveaway with 18,000 people texting to win. That means the second year in a row there will be limited availability of gamers this summer.
Current STH's should definitely have first options on upgrading/hanging seats. There has to be some kind of miscommunication here from CBJ.

For the Fan Appreciation prizes, very limited gamers. Only about 1 out of 750 fans will take home a gameworn jersey. I'm OK with the text to win as long as gone are the days of them giving game worn jerseys to opposing fans...this franchise has done a lot of dumb things over the years, but there were few things more aggravating than giving someone wearing a Red Wings jersey an autographed game-worn jersey.

Old
04-23-2013, 07:37 AM
JacketsDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek21 View Post
I can see it both ways. As a STH they should get first DIBS for the amount of Tickets they have. Then the 1/2 season STH should get half the playoff games guaranteed. Then the 1/4 STH should get every fourth game guaranteed.
Then I think the team would set aside the number of tickets they need to for the opponent, league, etc.
At that point I think you open it back up to PSL holders to get first dibs, then other STH.
Anything left over after that open to general public.

Old
04-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Makes sense. In theory, a quarter season seat holder shares that seat with 3 other "partners". Four people can't occupy the same seat every game, so they split them off. Hopefully, the CBJ give partial season ticketholders a shot at extras before offering any tickets to the general public. If we get in and IF we face Blackhawks, it'd be great knowing those seats went to CBJ season ticketholders of any type than having them hit the market and made available to Chicago fans.

Old
04-23-2013, 08:05 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

In case some missed it playoff ticket presale started on Friday for full season holders and Saturday for partial holders.

Old
04-23-2013, 08:49 AM
blahblah

Quote:
In case some missed it playoff ticket presale started on Friday for full season holders and Saturday for partial holders.
Started or starts? I didn't see an email or receive a call.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:02 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Last Friday it stated. I got a couple of emails and a post card in the mail. I was able to get good seats for games 1 and 3 and will be in my normal seats for game 2.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:05 AM
BJfan
NobodyBeatsTheWiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Started or starts? I didn't see an email or receive a call.
You need to buy tickets through ticketmaster and use your account number as the password. Kinda sux you have to pay ticketmaster fees though

Old
04-23-2013, 11:11 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Guys, the best seats in the arena are ones with STH already in them. Those seats won't open up for grabs until after the renewal deadline has passed, and we have some non-renewals. I know that in my section, the first 4 full rows are all STH, and it's mostly STH for the next 10. This event this weekend will be for seats farther back.

Also, if you feel slighted, just call your rep and then show up at the arena on Friday and raise hell if they don't let you walk around. I can't imagine them not letting you take a peek.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:19 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJfan View Post
You need to buy tickets through ticketmaster and use your account number as the password. Kinda sux you have to pay ticketmaster fees though
That is for extra tickets. I got with them and my regular seat(s) is on pay as you play. No ticket master charges there.

They were all confused with my account. They are working behind the scenes so I can purchase tickets through ticket master. I'm going to get a set of 3 for my friends and then I'll just get a single ticket for game 2.

Old
04-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
Guys, the best seats in the arena are ones with STH already in them. Those seats won't open up for grabs until after the renewal deadline has passed, and we have some non-renewals. I know that in my section, the first 4 full rows are all STH, and it's mostly STH for the next 10. This event this weekend will be for seats farther back.

Also, if you feel slighted, just call your rep and then show up at the arena on Friday and raise hell if they don't let you walk around. I can't imagine them not letting you take a peek.
This. The select-a-seat this weekend is all the "open seats" we current STH passed on in last summer's select-a-seat. Folks who recently bought a plan, new STH's, are chooosing from those.

Regular select-a-seat for STH is after renewal deadline when "new" open seats are available. I don't imagine many will be giving up their seats this year, though.

The only benefit I see for current season ticket holders is if you upgraded to a pricer location in your plan, and then I'd see wanting in on this round of seat selection.

The seats being sold this weekend are the same seats we passed on in June last year.

Last edited by Derby: 04-23-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: added last paragraph
Old
04-23-2013, 03:47 PM
JacketsDavid

Just a quick $.02
The CBJ do not (at least not in the past) put up all available seats at the select a seat. Several years ago I wanted to move from 116, row C or D and found the seats I wanted in 3rd row of section 112, row C. I specifically wanted lower bown in the corner.
So I fill out all the paperwork - then about 2 weeks later tehy called to say "Hey the guy who had your seats before wants them back" and wanted to see what we could do. I told them I wanted similar seats, but also in the aisle and some other SWAG (i think it was a helmet signed by Nash and Signed Jersey). They at first told me nothing else was available but they could move me back a couple rows in a corner. "No thanks" and I politely hung up.
You can guess what happened they immediately called back and suddenly found 2 seats in 117, in aisle down low (granted I did move from attack 2X to defensive side).
So just because they call it a select a seat they hold back inventory.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:59 AM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

So the absolute earliest I can be in town is 1pm on the 10th. ****.

Old
04-24-2013, 08:03 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
So the absolute earliest I can be in town is 1pm on the 10th. ****.
OK, we'll tell the boys to keep winning till you get here!

Old
04-24-2013, 11:43 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 2000
Can someone explain this to me. The CBJ playoff policy posted on website for Half STH's...

Quote:
Flex Plan Holders will be randomly assigned into two groups. One group will receive the first and third home games in Rounds 1 & 3, and the second and fourth home games in Rounds 2 & 4. The second group will receive the second and fourth home games in Rounds 1 & 3, and the first and third home games in Rounds 2 & 4. You will be placed in comparable seat location(s) within your price level based off your regular season flex plan seat location(s).
Correct me if I am wrong, but if the CBJ is a 7 - 8 seed, they will not get a 4th home game in rounds 1,2 or 3.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:08 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Correct, plan E will get home games 1 and 3 and plan F gets 2 and 4 (but that will not happen). Then it reveres for the next round.

Closed Thread