HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Capitals Lineup Help

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 04:02 PM
  #1
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,932
vCash: 500
Capitals Lineup Help

Hey guys,
I'm doing a GM thing on the Ranger board and since I live in DC and am so exposed to your guy's team, I figured what the hell, I'll take them haha. Can you please just give me a run down of your ideal lineup? I follow you guys a bit, but not as much as the Rangers.

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:24 PM
  #2
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Overtime
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Not Johansson-Not Johansson-Not Johansson
Not Johansson-Not Johansson-Not Johansson
Not Johansson-Not Johansson-Not Johansson
Not Johansson-Not Johansson-Not Johansson

Not Schultz-Not Schultz
Not Schultz-Not Schultz
Not Schultz-Not Schultz

Not Holtby
Not Neuvirth

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:28 PM
  #3
Liberati0n
Full Hammock
 
Liberati0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,014
vCash: 50
Don't listen to Brad Tolliver. He forgot Not Callahan on 1RW.

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:47 PM
  #4
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,999
vCash: 500
Current lines:

Chimera - Ribeiro - Ovechkin
Wolski - Backstrom - Brouwer
Fehr - Perreault - Ward
Hendricks - Beagle - Crabb

Alzner - Green(D2D)/Kundratek
Erskine - Carlson
Schultz - Kundratek/Poti


My preferred (fully healthy) lines:

Laich - Ribeiro - Ovechkin
Johansson - Backstrom - Brouwer
Fehr - Perreault - Ward
Hendricks - Beagle - Wolski

Alzner - Green
Hamrlik - Carlson
Erskine - Orlov

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:58 PM
  #5
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Laich - Ribeiro - Ovechkin
Johansson - Backstrom - Brouwer
Fehr - Perreault - Ward
Hendricks - Beagle - Wolski
I think Chimera should be somewhere...

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:01 PM
  #6
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,932
vCash: 500
Thanks alot guys! I'll be popping in to discuss some offers I get haha

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:52 PM
  #7
swimmer77
What's an ROW?
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
I think Chimera should be somewhere...
At least he won't get a penalty.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:25 AM
  #8
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
I think Chimera should be somewhere...
Yeah Chimera for Wolski and I'm pretty on board with the rest. I'd like to find a way for Johansson to be at center also but given Backstrom, Ribeiro, and Perreault also in the middle there isn't room IMO.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:50 PM
  #9
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
I think Chimera should be somewhere...
With the way he's played this season? Meh. He has a rare burst of his trademark speed every few games, but he's done very little this season to merit staying on the ice (let alone the 1st line). Not beating people to the puck, winning board battles, causing havoc in front of the net, or unleashing his slapper. Been a pretty useless player so far.

Given how infrequently the 4th line plays, would rather keep Wolski on for PP2 and as a shootout specialist.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:13 PM
  #10
allyourfault
Registered User
 
allyourfault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
lol

"Eric Fehr promoted, Wojtek Wolski demoted in Capitals practice"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...tals-practice/

allyourfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:15 PM
  #11
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyourfault View Post
lol

"Eric Fehr promoted, Wojtek Wolski demoted in Capitals practice"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...tals-practice/
Don't like it. Not sure why you'd break up 16-85-42.

I'd rather have Hendricks or Beagle take Wolski's spot.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:18 PM
  #12
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,999
vCash: 500
If they're breaking up 16-85-42, then one of Fehr or Ward needs to replace Chimera on the top line.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:21 PM
  #13
allyourfault
Registered User
 
allyourfault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Don't like it. Not sure why you'd break up 16-85-42.

I'd rather have Hendricks or Beagle take Wolski's spot.
completely agree, hendricks over beagle tho imo

allyourfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:25 PM
  #14
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyourfault View Post
completely agree, hendricks over beagle tho imo
Sure would be nice to have some sort of legit forward prospect in Hershey to be able to call up.

GMGM's lack of aggressiveness in the college UFA market has really put a void in the prospect depth chart.

They're only sitting at 47 contracts right now.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:34 PM
  #15
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Sure would be nice to have some sort of legit forward prospect in Hershey to be able to call up.

GMGM's lack of aggressiveness in the college UFA market has really put a void in the prospect depth chart.

They're only sitting at 47 contracts right now.
Schilling for $1.775M isn't aggressive? His NHL salary is higher than Alzner, Hillen, Orlov, Kundratek, and Erskine's. And higher than Miele, Da Costa, Read, and Genoway, for that matter. I think it's the situation here that dissuades NCAA free agents more than George not pursuing them. We were linked to Miele, Read, and Da Costa iirc. Not being able to guarantee roster spots and having guys like Perreault already waiting in the wings makes it a not very attractive landing spot for a free agnet who wants to break into the NHL.

Beagle and Sjogren were also undrafted FA.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:40 PM
  #16
Liberati0n
Full Hammock
 
Liberati0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,014
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
If they're breaking up 16-85-42, then one of Fehr or Ward needs to replace Chimera on the top line.
Ward isn't eligible because he's right-handed.

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
  #17
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Ward isn't eligible because he's right-handed.
So is Fehr. We literally don't have enough left shot wingers to maintain that preference through the entire line-up.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:56 PM
  #18
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Schilling for $1.775M isn't aggressive? His NHL salary is higher than Alzner, Hillen, Orlov, Kundratek, and Erskine's. And higher than Miele, Da Costa, Read, and Genoway, for that matter. I think it's the situation here that dissuades NCAA free agents more than George not pursuing them. We were linked to Miele, Read, and Da Costa iirc. Not being able to guarantee roster spots and having guys like Perreault already waiting in the wings makes it a not very attractive landing spot for a free agnet who wants to break into the NHL.

Beagle and Sjogren were also undrafted FA.
Signing only Schilling is not aggressive. There need to be more like him signed. They've been short on forward prospect numbers for several years now. It's not surprising that Hershey has declined.

Beagle was signed 6 years ago, so he really doesn't apply to this situation at all.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:01 PM
  #19
LSnow
Registered User
 
LSnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
When will Laich be back ? I miss him..

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:05 PM
  #20
Liberati0n
Full Hammock
 
Liberati0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,014
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
So is Fehr. We literally don't have enough left shot wingers to maintain that preference through the entire line-up.
You're right. He's listed as a lefty in some places.

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:08 PM
  #21
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Signing only Schilling is not aggressive. There need to be more like him signed. They've been short on forward prospect numbers for several years now. It's not surprising that Hershey has declined.

Beagle was signed 6 years ago, so he really doesn't apply to this situation at all.
Outside of Philadelphia, what teams sign multiple NCAA/euro free agents each year?

McPhee has been involved in the sweepstakes for a lot of these guys. Washington just wasn't an ideal landing spot for a forward looking to break in with an NHL club the past few years. Too many guys with NHL resumes ahead of them in line.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:28 PM
  #22
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Outside of Philadelphia, what teams sign multiple NCAA/euro free agents each year?

McPhee has been involved in the sweepstakes for a lot of these guys. Washington just wasn't an ideal landing spot for a forward looking to break in with an NHL club the past few years. Too many guys with NHL resumes ahead of them in line.
Lately Ottawa, Tampa Bay and Toronto have done a decent job of back-filling depth with those types of UFAs. Historically, they've been a goldmine for Lamoriello.

I don't think ti should be organizational policy to sign multiple undrafted UFAs each year, but the last few seasons, with the lost prospect depth, the situation has been screaming for it.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:48 PM
  #23
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 39,814
vCash: 500
mcphee did get halpern that way. he did get beagle that way. he did get schilling that way. wasnt steckel some kind of non nhl ufa?

btw...my understanding was that the caps made a real run at matt read. they didnt get him because the caps didnt have a top 6 wing spot open and had kuznetsov expected to join too.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:58 PM
  #24
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,999
vCash: 500
McPhee got Steckel via NCAA free agency, but he had previously been drafted in the 1st round by Los Angeles.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:03 PM
  #25
Liberati0n
Full Hammock
 
Liberati0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,014
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
McPhee got Steckel via NCAA free agency, but he had previously been drafted in the 1st round by Los Angeles.
Are you sure he didn't have an NHL contract with the Kings? I know he played at least a season with Manchester in the AHL. Either way, he wasn't signed by the Capitals out of the NCAA.

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.