HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JT getting some more love...

Old
04-11-2013, 02:29 AM
leaponover

vCash: 500
JT getting some more love...

I know how some of you feel about Eklund but he surmises that with Crosby missing the rest of the season Tavares could make a late push for the Hart Trophy. Honestly I think that's a long shot, definitely not an E5 lmao, but hey nice to see him getting some more recognition in hockey circles.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...e-Push/1/50777

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:50 AM
pjoner

close to 5000 votes and JT is one with 28 percent

pjoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:54 AM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
I know how some of you feel about Eklund but he surmises that with Crosby missing the rest of the season Tavares could make a late push for the Hart Trophy. Honestly I think that's a long shot, definitely not an E5 lmao, but hey nice to see him getting some more recognition in hockey circles.

With the recent play of the Caps I think Ovie will now be the front runner. I predict JT in the 3 spot.
On a unrelated note I hope everyone realizes that Capuano will also being getting votes for the Jack Adams award. I can see him finishing 3rd also. Disturbing to say the least.

04-11-2013, 05:51 AM
Pnut

This is all I could read up to:
Quote:
Last night against Philadelphia, Tavares was the best player on the ice for either team. He far outshined Philadelphia's Claude Giroux, who entered the season as one of the players expected to be in the Hart Trophy discussion but has underachieved a bit by his standards.
Best player? Not that game (and that is a good thing) Giroux he is right but, whopity do, thats almost easy to see that Claude has underperformed.

Quote:
To be honest, in past seasons, I thought Tavares was a pretty one-dimensional player and maybe even a little bit soft. Not any more. He is a bonafide NHL superstar now, even if he's not in the top five in scoring. Even with Alexander Ovechkin and the Capitals' incredible turnaround after a couple tough months, I'd place Tavares over Ovechkin in my MVP pecking order this season.
Pretty one dimensional, I could only say that in year one and even that is a stretch. But to say that in past seasons (<--plural) is wrong.

The fact that Ek is going out on a limb here, after I have seen a few guys over the past year start to praise him. Way to go Eklund! Jump on that band wagon!

What a doofus. Stay with your horrible predicting Ek.

IMHO

But with that its nice for people to give John love.

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
With the recent play of the Caps I think Ovie will now be the front runner. I predict JT in the 3 spot.
On a unrelated note I hope everyone realizes that Capuano will also being getting votes for the Jack Adams award. I can see him finishing 3rd also. Disturbing to say the least.
Capuano will not be any real Discussion for the the jack adams

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post

I would like to see him be a real Contender for it. I just don't think he will be there at the end. I hope i am wrong

Old
04-11-2013, 08:11 AM
CaptDenisPotvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
Capuano will not be any real Discussion for the the jack adams
Here's the thing, I'm not a big Cappy fan HOWEVER if your outside looking in and see our roster and the fact that we weren't supposed to do anything like what we are doing right now....A lot of people are going to give atleast some praise to the coach, that's just how it is. I would believe if we end up in 6th or 7th he will get some votes for it which is mind blowing but probably the truth.

CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
Here's the thing, I'm not a big Cappy fan HOWEVER if your outside looking in and see our roster and the fact that we weren't supposed to do anything like what we are doing right now....A lot of people are going to give atleast some praise to the coach, that's just how it is. I would believe if we end up in 6th or 7th he will get some votes for it which is mind blowing but probably the truth.
I doubt it. every season someone brings up a Coach for a team that should have "sucked" Saying he will get votes they should not even be a playoff team etc. yes he might get like 5 votes. However nothing close to what the winners will get.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:35 AM
19NYSports91

Ovechkin has a better shot of winning imo, and is playing way better than Tavares right now.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:19 AM
BillD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Ovechkin has a better shot of winning imo, and is playing way better than Tavares right now.
OV is scoring more impact and important goals than Tavares right now, and he is leading his team in their charge to a playoff spot. We can not say the same about Tavares, but he still has time to lead.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:59 AM
iLandHer

I think JT leads the team just fine. His play has gotten more physical over this recent stretch. He's been grinding it out in his own end and has still been producing a point per game it seems (minus back when he had the flu).

The team wouldn't win this time of year just riding Tavares, they need all the different lines rolling, and he's committed to winning no matter what he has to do. That's a great example to set.

iLandHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:02 AM
13th Floor

I still think it goes to Kane. 4th in points, 5th in goals. He's been consistent and dynamite the entire season, unlike the other candidates.

Best team in the league (30-5-4). The Hawks would still have fewer regulation losses than the Penguins even if Crosby never got hurt.

Plus the Hawks were the story for the first half of the season by not losing in regulation. It put the NHL on the national sports scene for a little bit, which was especially surprising coming out of the lockout and I feel it helped speed up the 'recovery' from it. It has helped him get the press and he hasn't faltered all year.

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote