HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's time for Capuano to go

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2013, 02:21 PM
  #276
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 13,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
ill take him, former jack adams winning sabres coaches work out well for isles teams that no one expected anything from

with that said is ted nolan coaching anymore?
I would take Teddy back in a heartbeat...Loved him

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:23 PM
  #277
Mustang2750
Registered User
 
Mustang2750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,272
vCash: 500
Sabres just fired Ruff...thoughts?

Mustang2750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:24 PM
  #278
ZMan17
U of A!!!
 
ZMan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ & LI
Country: United States
Posts: 861
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ZMan17
Lets get Lindy!

ZMan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:25 PM
  #279
kasper11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang2750 View Post
Sabres just fired Ruff...thoughts?
1) No way in hell would Wang shell out the money for Ruff
2) No way in hell would Ruff want to deal with the cap-floor-cheating Isles

Other than that, perfect fit.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:25 PM
  #280
CDirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass45 View Post
Lindy Ruff is now available!
If someone told to me start this season that Ruff would lose his job before Cappy I'd have had him committed.

Right now I'd heavily favor that Cappy's firing is hanging over his head like a storm cloud. It's looming there, just a matter of time before the thunderclap. If I had to bet I'd the discussion now revolved around what to do in the interim. As in who to replace him.

I doubt Ruff's name would be out there.

CDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:28 PM
  #281
Paulinho
No Man's Sky
 
Paulinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 2,272
vCash: 500
We seriously need to go after Lindy Ruff.

Paulinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:29 PM
  #282
startainfection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 6,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
1) No way in hell would Wang shell out the money for Ruff
2) No way in hell would Ruff want to deal with the cap-floor-cheating Isles

Other than that, perfect fit.
tortorella was willing to deal with the isles after they fired ted nolan, he wasnt what the isles were looking for

and right now he is unemployed, if no one else offered him a deal i think he would take it

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:32 PM
  #283
CDirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
tortorella was willing to deal with the isles after they fired ted nolan, he wasnt what the isles were looking for

and right now he is unemployed, if no one else offered him a deal i think he would take it
I'd be stunned if Ruff took another job before the end of this season. I'd bank on him taking some time off.

CDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:41 PM
  #284
Bunk Moreland
Moderator
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 234
Saw this on twitter:

The Isles have had 12 head coaches since Ruff was hired by the Sabres..

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:43 PM
  #285
kasper11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
tortorella was willing to deal with the isles after they fired ted nolan, he wasnt what the isles were looking for

and right now he is unemployed, if no one else offered him a deal i think he would take it
The Isles were much more attractive at that point. They were only 1 year removed from the playoffs and weren't playing cap floor games.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:45 PM
  #286
CDirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Saw this on twitter:

The Isles have had 12 head coaches since Ruff was hired by the Sabres..
Are they counting guys like Brad Shaw who were interim coaches? That seems like a lot. Seems like it's been about 7 since Arbour retired.

CDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:45 PM
  #287
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
its already been said many times, but ill echo it in that i want ruff here too. id rather weight stayed an assistant and gleaned all he could from ruff before hes just given the head coaching job and yet another person made into a scapegoat here. i like weight, but i doubt hes learned anything valuable from capuanos vast cabinet of hockey experience.

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:47 PM
  #288
scott99
Registered User
 
scott99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,641
vCash: 500
OT: Lindy Ruff Fired.

I wish our GM had the balls to do the right thing too.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:00 PM
  #289
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!
 
IceAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,012
vCash: 300
Accountability! What a novel concept!

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:01 PM
  #290
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
tortorella was willing to deal with the isles after they fired ted nolan, he wasnt what the isles were looking for
Quote:
I wish our GM had the balls to do the right thing too.
We assume that the organization cares about winning. All their actions (and inactions) suggest they don't.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:07 PM
  #291
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,072
vCash: 500
Sure would be awesome to have a guy like Ruff here. But I doubt the Islanders even pick up the phone. Hell, I doubt they even have internal discussions about it.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:09 PM
  #292
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
Sure would be awesome to have a guy like Ruff here. But I doubt the Islanders even pick up the phone. Hell, I doubt they even have internal discussions about it.
sad but true. ****

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:10 PM
  #293
Macch
Registered User
 
Macch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
Sure would be awesome to have a guy like Ruff here. But I doubt the Islanders even pick up the phone. Hell, I doubt they even have internal discussions about it.

I'm hearing from sources close to the front office that the Islanders are trying to figure out who exactly Lindy Ruff is. Apparently they've never heard of him.

Macch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:11 PM
  #294
Hipietro
Registered User
 
Hipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,432
vCash: 500
Lindy Ruff to the Islanders will be nothing more than an Eklund rumor.

Hipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:17 PM
  #295
redbull
game on
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
Lindy Ruff to the Islanders will be nothing more than an Eklund rumor.
probably an e3
Burke to NYI would be an e2

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:24 PM
  #296
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
For those of you of want capuano fired...Do you really think that's going to solve the problem? How long before a new coach is hired and he starts losing games 7-0 before you want yet another head coach?

Capuano is not the problem...,He is a SYMPTOM of the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Getting a legit NHL coach is kind of a big deal, I'm not sure how some of you don't see it. Last year the Blues hire Hitchock and then they do great. Look at the Canadiens, they were last in the Eastern Conference last year. They hire Michel Therrien and now they are in 1st place in the Eastern Conference!
You're both correct. A new GOOD coach will get this decent group to play better hockey and go up in the standings, but that won't fix the mess. Wang will want the hitting {that comes with success} to STOP and the coach will obey or be lambasted or fired. Then with the gameplan eroding, the team can't play successful hockey as per good coaching and will be likely asked to change the "system" to suit the owner's desire to meddle with the game.

So we play soft, passing is off because no one goes up the middle again, no one ventures in the crease, scoring goes down, opponents find more time in our zone and our game looks like it does now.

Remember, when we started playing big kid hockey after Pittsburg, Cappy had this team firing on all cylinders, with hitting, checking, tough defense and scoring all stemming from better gameplay.

And then that stopped.....by orders from above in all likelihood.

So bring in the new coach and we'll improve greatly.

Until someone is told to play it Cholly's way or else.


And THAT is why you won't see a big name REPUTABLE coach come in unless desperate for the job. You don't think coaches talk to one another, do you?

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:36 PM
  #297
CDirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
You're both correct. A new GOOD coach will get this decent group to play better hockey and go up in the standings, but that won't fix the mess. Wang will want the hitting {that comes with success} to STOP and the coach will obey or be lambasted or fired. Then with the gameplan eroding, the team can't play successful hockey as per good coaching and will be likely asked to change the "system" to suit the owner's desire to meddle with the game.

So we play soft, passing is off because no one goes up the middle again, no one ventures in the crease, scoring goes down, opponents find more time in our zone and our game looks like it does now.

Remember, when we started playing big kid hockey after Pittsburg, Cappy had this team firing on all cylinders, with hitting, checking, tough defense and scoring all stemming from better gameplay.

And then that stopped.....by orders from above in all likelihood.

So bring in the new coach and we'll improve greatly.

Until someone is told to play it Cholly's way or else.


And THAT is why you won't see a big name REPUTABLE coach come in unless desperate for the job. You don't think coaches talk to one another, do you?
Where do you guys come up with this stuff? Sometimes I feel like I'm reading something from Alex Jones or something. Do you guys really believe this stuff or is it out of frustration?

I don't get it. Maybe I'm missing something or out of the loop.

Everytime there's an issue with this team it all gets down to some kind of conspiracy theory.

CDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:37 PM
  #298
leeroggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,207
vCash: 500





Why stop there? Hire the Triple Lindy too!!



leeroggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:39 PM
  #299
7:11 of OT
Call my Monkey Butch
 
7:11 of OT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Monkeyville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDirt View Post
Where do you guys come up with this stuff? Sometimes I feel like I'm reading something from Alex Jones or something. Do you guys really believe this stuff or is it out of frustration?

I don't get it. Maybe I'm missing something or out of the loop.

Everytime there's an issue with this team it all gets down to some kind of conspiracy theory.
Someone told you to say that, didn't they?

Seriously though, this syndrome is simply the result of years and years of frustration, nothing more.

7:11 of OT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:39 PM
  #300
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!
 
Dutch Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 1130
Listen its simple economics folks, Your unemployed and if someone offers you a job you take it. Unless you feel that making 405 dollars a week (which is the NY state Max on Unemployment benefits is alright for you)

To say that Ruff wont come here is a stupid statement because what coach wouldnt want to work with John Tavares. A coach like Ruff will see the good and the bad of this team and work with it. So I wont be so sure that Ruff wont come to the Islanders if we offered it to him.

Now, will we?? HAhaha No way in hell. Doug Weight and Thompson are Garth Snow guys. They know the deal, you say yes to Mr. Wang and the rest follows. You think Ruff is going to walk in this place and listen to an AHL coach?

I would love to have Lindy Ruff come to this team and help save the season but I dont see it. The sad thing is, the Islanders are only 4 pts out of the 8th seed. Stranger things have happened in sports!

Ruff would be a great coach and would he would command respect.

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.