HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First Chipchura now Colliton.

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2005, 11:19 PM
not quite yoda

vCash: 500
First Chipchura now Colliton.

When Chipchura lost the A on his jersey at the beginning of the season, I remember people saying that thiswent against everything we all had heard about Chipchura's character.

Well now Colliton has been stripped of his captaincy with the Raiders. At season's start he wore the C but not last game. Seemingly for having been out of the lineup with 3 consecutive injuries.

So it seems to me that the coach in Prince Albert gives little creedance to leaving his leadership nucleus intact. So I wouldn't read too much into Chipchura having lost the A earlier on.

Old
03-14-2005, 11:24 PM
leafaholix*

Who cares about the C?

There are fantastic leaders in hockey that don't even the 'A'.

Old
03-14-2005, 11:47 PM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
Who cares about the C?

There are fantastic leaders in hockey that don't even the 'A'.
Thanks for completely missing the point of my post.

The point was that the coach seems to be very liberal in giving and taking away letters from his players`jersies. Chipchura losing his letter would therefore not be necessarily due to attitude or the surfacing of a character flaw... the usual reasons for a player losing his letter.

Old
03-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion

The point was that the coach seems to be very liberal in giving and taking away letters from his players`jersies. Chipchura losing his letter would therefore not be necessarily due to attitude or the surfacing of a character flaw... the usual reasons for a player losing his letter.
It was a very strange decision. At least, it didn't stop him to play very well.

Old
03-15-2005, 12:20 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion

So it was just to patch up any inch of insecurity fans may have about a prospect that was drafted so high because of his "character"? My point wasn't to you, it was just a general point that not having captaincy doesn't mean a player isn't a great leader. I didn't miss your point.

Old
03-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Sabes

Colliton hasn't really been stripped of his C. While he was out with injury for the past 33 games or so Luke Fritshaw has been the captain. I assume that when Colliton came back last game that they decided to leave Fritshaw being the captain since he's been it for half the season.

Old
03-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
So it was just to patch up any inch of insecurity fans may have about a prospect that was drafted so high because of his "character"? My point wasn't to you, it was just a general point that not having captaincy doesn't mean a player isn't a great leader. I didn't miss your point.
I completely agree... this thread seems pretty pointless. Is it's only goal is to show how it is the coach's fault, not Chipchura's, that he lost the A back in the fall?? What does it even matter?? As posted above, a 'C' or 'A' or lack there of doesn't directly represent the amount of leadership that a player brings to his team, if it's Chipchura's 'character' that people were worried about. I personally don't put any stock into this story at all.

Old
03-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Hammourabi

Quote:
My point wasn't to you, it was just a general point that not having captaincy doesn't mean a player isn't a great leader. I didn't miss your point.
Indeed, I completely agree with your logic: a player's leadership is not "tainted" by not having the captaincy; it can however be said that *having* the captaincy is linked with a player having at least some measure of leadership. Furthermore, that player losing the captaincy should raise some concern.

Old
03-17-2005, 09:07 AM
Fenriz

stripping a letter

Talking about tripping letters from C or As D you remember the thing happening with the habs ? have the habs ever stip captaincy or assistant to any player ? The name of Chris Chelios comes to my mind but I was too young to remember.

Old
03-17-2005, 04:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Speaking of Chipchura, I got the chance to ask him some questions thanks to the Prince Albert organization for setting it up. I'll have the article done shortly.

Old
03-17-2005, 04:26 PM
bopeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Speaking of Chipchura, I got the chance to ask him some questions thanks to the Prince Albert organization for setting it up. I'll have the article done shortly.
Not to ruin the surprise or anything Dan, but can you give a brief update re: his rehab.

Old
03-17-2005, 05:20 PM
romain_jaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenriz
Talking about tripping letters from C or As D you remember the thing happening with the habs ? have the habs ever stip captaincy or assistant to any player ? The name of Chris Chelios comes to my mind but I was too young to remember.

No, usually the habs just trade away their captains.

Closed Thread