HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First Chipchura now Colliton.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-14-2005, 11:19 PM
  #1
not quite yoda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Qatar
Posts: 3,516
vCash: 500
First Chipchura now Colliton.

When Chipchura lost the A on his jersey at the beginning of the season, I remember people saying that thiswent against everything we all had heard about Chipchura's character.

Well now Colliton has been stripped of his captaincy with the Raiders. At season's start he wore the C but not last game. Seemingly for having been out of the lineup with 3 consecutive injuries.

So it seems to me that the coach in Prince Albert gives little creedance to leaving his leadership nucleus intact. So I wouldn't read too much into Chipchura having lost the A earlier on.

not quite yoda is offline  
Old
03-14-2005, 11:24 PM
  #2
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Who cares about the C?

There are fantastic leaders in hockey that don't even the 'A'.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
03-14-2005, 11:47 PM
  #3
not quite yoda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Qatar
Posts: 3,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
Who cares about the C?

There are fantastic leaders in hockey that don't even the 'A'.
Thanks for completely missing the point of my post.

The point was that the coach seems to be very liberal in giving and taking away letters from his players`jersies. Chipchura losing his letter would therefore not be necessarily due to attitude or the surfacing of a character flaw... the usual reasons for a player losing his letter.

not quite yoda is offline  
Old
03-15-2005, 12:02 AM
  #4
Taupy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal... duh
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Thanks for completely missing the point of my post.

The point was that the coach seems to be very liberal in giving and taking away letters from his players`jersies. Chipchura losing his letter would therefore not be necessarily due to attitude or the surfacing of a character flaw... the usual reasons for a player losing his letter.
It was a very strange decision. At least, it didn't stop him to play very well.

Taupy is offline  
Old
03-15-2005, 12:20 AM
  #5
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Thanks for completely missing the point of my post.

The point was that the coach seems to be very liberal in giving and taking away letters from his players`jersies. Chipchura losing his letter would therefore not be necessarily due to attitude or the surfacing of a character flaw... the usual reasons for a player losing his letter.
So it was just to patch up any inch of insecurity fans may have about a prospect that was drafted so high because of his "character"? My point wasn't to you, it was just a general point that not having captaincy doesn't mean a player isn't a great leader. I didn't miss your point.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
03-15-2005, 01:39 PM
  #6
Sabes
Registered User
 
Sabes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,239
vCash: 500
Colliton hasn't really been stripped of his C. While he was out with injury for the past 33 games or so Luke Fritshaw has been the captain. I assume that when Colliton came back last game that they decided to leave Fritshaw being the captain since he's been it for half the season.

Sabes is offline  
Old
03-15-2005, 04:58 PM
  #7
Jakomyte
Registered User
 
Jakomyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
So it was just to patch up any inch of insecurity fans may have about a prospect that was drafted so high because of his "character"? My point wasn't to you, it was just a general point that not having captaincy doesn't mean a player isn't a great leader. I didn't miss your point.
I completely agree... this thread seems pretty pointless. Is it's only goal is to show how it is the coach's fault, not Chipchura's, that he lost the A back in the fall?? What does it even matter?? As posted above, a 'C' or 'A' or lack there of doesn't directly represent the amount of leadership that a player brings to his team, if it's Chipchura's 'character' that people were worried about. I personally don't put any stock into this story at all.

Jakomyte is offline  
Old
03-15-2005, 10:46 PM
  #8
Hammourabi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
My point wasn't to you, it was just a general point that not having captaincy doesn't mean a player isn't a great leader. I didn't miss your point.
Indeed, I completely agree with your logic: a player's leadership is not "tainted" by not having the captaincy; it can however be said that *having* the captaincy is linked with a player having at least some measure of leadership. Furthermore, that player losing the captaincy should raise some concern.

Hammourabi is offline  
Old
03-17-2005, 09:07 AM
  #9
Fenriz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
stripping a letter

Talking about tripping letters from C or As D you remember the thing happening with the habs ? have the habs ever stip captaincy or assistant to any player ? The name of Chris Chelios comes to my mind but I was too young to remember.

Fenriz is offline  
Old
03-17-2005, 04:12 PM
  #10
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 26,164
vCash: 500
Speaking of Chipchura, I got the chance to ask him some questions thanks to the Prince Albert organization for setting it up. I'll have the article done shortly.

montreal is offline  
Old
03-17-2005, 04:26 PM
  #11
bopeep
Registered User
 
bopeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: habcouver
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Speaking of Chipchura, I got the chance to ask him some questions thanks to the Prince Albert organization for setting it up. I'll have the article done shortly.
Not to ruin the surprise or anything Dan, but can you give a brief update re: his rehab.

bopeep is offline  
Old
03-17-2005, 05:20 PM
  #12
romain_jaime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenriz
Talking about tripping letters from C or As D you remember the thing happening with the habs ? have the habs ever stip captaincy or assistant to any player ? The name of Chris Chelios comes to my mind but I was too young to remember.

No, usually the habs just trade away their captains.

romain_jaime is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.