Old
02-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Inflict

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Pavelec didnt fail
The whole team failed
Agreed, but conversely Pavelec hasn't helped us win either. That's something you need from your goaltender.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:02 AM
Denny 204

Can somebody please buy Pavelec a glove? A big one!

Old
02-08-2013, 12:03 AM
GodTukka*

How could you whine about his offense when he's the leading all defenseman in scoring

It'll come around for the team one day.

People need to realize the new regime still has to work out of the hole that the pinheads dug themselves into while they were still in Atlanta (Ex: Hainsey and Antropov's contracts)

A new coach wouldn't hurt either

Old
02-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Blue Shakehead
because lol Jets

vCash: 50
Perry Pearn's PP zone entry strategy: "Get it to their blue line. **** around for awhile, see what happens".

Perry Pearn's PP offensive strategy: "If by some miracle one of their forwards trips creeating enough room to get it in their zone - you need to get it back to the point. immediately. Forwards, act as decoys. Don't even pretend that we're going to shoot from the slot or pass through the crease. They probably don't have video. "

Old
02-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Also, guys, I know Pavs haven't been good this year, but are you really this disappointed in his game today? This was the first time this year I felt like he did what he was supposed to. I didn't feel like we had a liability in net.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Blue Shakehead
because lol Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Agreed, but conversely Pavelec hasn't helped us win either. That's something you need from your goaltender.
The bottom line is this: Give us a goalie with a .910 save percentage and we win. We also beat Montreal and Florida. So we're 7-2-1, instead of 4-5-1.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:10 AM
allan5oh
Has prospect fever

vCash: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
Take you best goal scorer off the power play?

riiiiiight
Look at how he scores goals. Tons of shots 5v5. He's not our best sniper by a long shot. His shooting percentage isn't that high. On a PP we have time to pick our shots, but Kane doesn't care.

He doesn't belong on the PP whatsoever. Every single time he is he does a bonehead move that costs us our zone establishment.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:12 AM
allan5oh
Has prospect fever

vCash: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Also, guys, I know Pavs haven't been good this year, but are you really this disappointed in his game today? This was the first time this year I felt like he did what he was supposed to. I didn't feel like we had a liability in net.
It's his same weaknesses over and over again. High glove side and back door plays. It really isn't hard to undress him. He relies too much on support from his D.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Inflict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
I guess you are forgetting about the first 4 games where he was actually pretty stellar. I had a lot more confidence in Pavelec in our home opener then this game.

As I explained before, his goals against this game were not soft but we still need a big save once in a while. If we cannot win close games like this, then yes he is a liability. Not to mention letting in 3 goals on 18 shots. If this was a rare exception, then I would brush it off and agree with you.

I'm not at the point of wanting to trade or boo him, but he needs to prove to himself and his fans that he deserves to be the starter on this team.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:14 AM
Johnny HFBOARDS
User name is .

Just think about the kids that will sleep better tonight.

Now for the post game reactions.

Old
Lynk
Registered Bro

My profanity and over the top ranting is warranted because of my personal hatred towards the Leafs.

Other than that, it was a typical game where the Jets had the lead and sat on it. Nothing new, live to fight another day.

Old
Blue Shakehead
because lol Jets

While we're on the subject of pavelec, its painfully obvious that our coaches have lost a lot of faith in him. We're playing a 1-3-1 and a 1-2-2 forecheck for the most part and our forwards are playing behind our goalline in the defensive zone. We've held our opponents to under 20 shots in the last two games....so one that score, I give Noel a lot of credit. His goalie is struggling and he changed the system.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge1979 View Post
Perry Pearn's PP zone entry strategy: "Get it to their blue line. **** around for awhile, see what happens".

Perry Pearn's PP offensive strategy: "If by some miracle one of their forwards trips creeating enough room to get it in their zone - you need to get it back to the point. immediately. Forwards, act as decoys. Don't even pretend that we're going to shoot from the slot or pass through the crease. They probably don't have video. "
As great as all that's working out, the coup-de-grace is having the 48th worst goaltender in the league in SV%. And we're still only 1 point out of a tie for 8th in the East! Of course we're also currently in a 5-way tie for 14th in the East...

Old
02-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Johnny HFBOARDS
User name is .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
As great as all that's working out, the coup-de-grace is having the 48th worst goaltender in the league in SV%. And we're still only 1 point out of a tie for 8th in the East! Of course we're also currently in a 5-way tie for 14th in the East...

Well these are our other options

Old
02-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
How could you whine about his offense when he's the leading all defenseman in scoring

It'll come around for the team one day.

People need to realize the new regime still has to work out of the hole that the pinheads dug themselves into while they were still in Atlanta (Ex: Hainsey and Antropov's contracts)

A new coach wouldn't hurt either
How exactly are these examples hurting the team right now???..

They're nowhere close to the cap and those 2 players have been pretty integral in the few successes the Jets have had this season.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:23 AM
truck
HFB Partner

I don't know if Garret already posted this, but the Jets dominated the Fenwick battle.

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/winni...wick#143064245

They outshot the Leafs 14-1 with Kane on the ice (including posts and missed shots). This is a game they win more often than not.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:29 AM
blueandgoldguy

Lots of back and forth action from both teams for most of the game but very few scoring chances created by either team for the most part.

Did anyone notice the poor line change by the Jets on the Kessel powerplay goal? Jets barely got the puck to centre ice and yet two Jets decided to make a change anyways. Leafs quickly transition back into the Jets zone and Kessel walks in untouched with a wicked wrister over Pav's glove hand. Maybe if those Jets had not made the line change there would have been better coverage on Kessel and he wouldn't have been able to get off that shot? Just a thought...

Power play continues to be brutal. I can't beleive the lack of quality scoring chances we generate. Absolutely no sustained pressure whatsoever. Buff is far more valuable to this team 's offense than most realize!

Not too confident going into Ottawa tomorrow. Even with Spezza out of the lineup.

Last edited by blueandgoldguy: 02-08-2013 at 12:30 AM. Reason: grammar
Old
02-08-2013, 12:35 AM
Johnny HFBOARDS
User name is .

LOL, we're dead. Hope!?!

Old
02-08-2013, 12:43 AM
JetsFan815
It can't be done :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotaf7 View Post
39 D Tobias Enstrom 10 2 11 13 -4 6 0 0 0 7 28.6

Tied with Clitsome as our worst d man! To small to many give aways!
Way to take a stat out of context .On a team that is -8, -4 is good considering he faces the top quality competition night after night whereas Noel shelters Clitsome as much as he can

Last edited by JetsFan815: 02-08-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old
02-08-2013, 12:45 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gholas View Post
LOL, we're dead. Hope!?!
Hope:

The Jets had a strong game and beat up on the Leafs everywhere but the score sheet.

Redmond looks great.

Probability owes Kane and Olli a few goals.

Buff and Bogo will be back soon.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Gnova
CowboysR^2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gholas View Post

Now for the post game reactions.
You've used that graphic enough times tonight to last the entire season.
Wasn't clever the first time, isn't any more clever the 50th.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Dark Knight
Maple Leafs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
My profanity and over the top ranting is warranted because of my personal hatred towards the Leafs.

Other than that, it was a typical game where the Jets had the lead and sat on it. Nothing new, live to fight another day.
Why the hate?

We were all so happy you guys got the franchise back and were rooting for you but the hate is inherited, I suppose.

Anyway, about the game. I'm curious as to how Alexander Burmistrov is developing. I was very high on him since he was in the OHL and I've always trusted Dudley's picks but I think its taking him a while to take off.

I've liked his defensive game but how is his offense coming along?

02-08-2013, 12:49 AM
X66

I think it's very unfair to say Pavelec choked in this game. He may have played poorly in games leading up to this one, but he could not be blamed on any goal.

The first goal was a break-away

The second goal was a tip/deflection off of a bullet pass/shot by Franson, no Jet took Frattin in front of the net.

The third goal was a Kessel shot in a PRIME location, and it was also a perfect shot off of the post and in...

The Jets lost because they couldn't get to the puck on second chances, especially early on. Reimer was letting some less that savoury rebounds out and the Jets could have taken advantage of it. Truth be told, I don't recall the jets getting any good scoring chances in tight, and definitely no second chance shots.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:51 AM
sully1410
#EggosForEleven

vCash: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Look at how he scores goals. Tons of shots 5v5. He's not our best sniper by a long shot. His shooting percentage isn't that high. On a PP we have time to pick our shots, but Kane doesn't care.

He doesn't belong on the PP whatsoever. Every single time he is he does a bonehead move that costs us our zone establishment.
I disagree. The whole reason why our PP sucks ass is because the Jets take time to choose their shots. They need to be putting the pucks on the net more often instead of passing it around like they're offensive superpowers. They need to generate more traffic on the net during the power play. They need to win the offensive zone face offs, all the time. It gives you such an advantage instead of back peddling trying to find your footing while the other team dumps the puck.

The Jets need to win the battles for the rebounds. They need to stop being fancy and get back to driving the net and placing alot of traffic on the tender,

I'm not saying Kane is the way to do this...

Old
02-08-2013, 12:57 AM
blueandgoldguy

ONe of the frustrating things about this team is an inability to win battles along the boards on the power play-one of the reasons the puck is dumped out as quickly as it is dumped in. For a big team, the Jets certainly don't play like it.

Closed Thread