Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ana (7-1-1) @ Texas Guys (5-5-1): Battle of the Greybeards

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 50
Eenok, can I ask you what IL is? Is that a city?

Old
02-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Hockey Duckie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
I like the first three lines. I'm sure the 4th will be fine defensively, but I kinda wish we would see a bit of offensive potential out of our 4th. Doubt you'll see it with those wingers..
Beleskey-Bonino-Etem... Bonino got a hat trick

Beleskey-Bonino-Staubitz... One player makes a huge difference, but potential is there for offensive output. But the current fourth line does have energy to it as Beleskey likes to hit and now Staubitz found his skates so he can also hit as well. Now if one were to put Rakell at RW, then you might be rolling four dangerous lines. Anyhow, what's the news on Rakell? He's been sitting for quite a long time. Unless I haven't read something yet, the Ducks need to poop or get off the pot. Bring Rakell back if we're on a playoff run should Rakell be available at the end of his junior year.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Gibson Les Palms

Just noticed this is the only game today. Hopefully they play well and showcase a bit.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
What Murray expects from Lovejoy: I've been watching you from a far for quite some time (I'm paraphrasing because the quote didn't carryover)

How Lovejoy describes himself: Play smart by moving my legs. Push everything to the outside. Join rush if opening dictates. (Again, me paraphrasing)

Lovejoy is Parros-level well spoken.
Wow. Did Murray ever stroke that flame really high. But I like the response from Lovejoy. He knows his role and his capabilities. That helps because then he won't be caught flat footed or take the wrong angle. And hey, we got another big guy to step right into the defense.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Well, it's really up to Boudreau and what he thinks of Hiller. He's clearly not shy about going with the hot hand, but at the same time I think he realizes that Hiller needs to play if he's going to shake off the rust. I'd expect them to split it until Hiller takes over. Of course, if Fasth keeps it up and Hiller doesn't find his game, who knows?
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post
vatanen is best DEFENSMAN anaheim has got up in years..IF NOT ALL TIME! CLEAR SUPERSTAR!, you will sing along and Clap your hands for him in game soon othervise you look stupid at HONDA! TRUST ME!

EENOK/IL , Finland
Not saying he's the best (don't know ducks history)

but . . .

says hello

Old
02-08-2013, 05:25 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
Beleskey-Bonino-Etem... Bonino got a hat trick

Beleskey-Bonino-Staubitz... One player makes a huge difference, but potential is there for offensive output. But the current fourth line does have energy to it as Beleskey likes to hit and now Staubitz found his skates so he can also hit as well. Now if one were to put Rakell at RW, then you might be rolling four dangerous lines. Anyhow, what's the news on Rakell? He's been sitting for quite a long time. Unless I haven't read something yet, the Ducks need to poop or get off the pot. Bring Rakell back if we're on a playoff run should Rakell be available at the end of his junior year.
Oh come on. That hat trick was impressive, but is that likely to happen again this season? I wouldn't bet on it.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Sure, if you ignore the fact Lovejoy is bigger, better defensively, and has 100 NHL games under his belt.
This. Could we please stop the ridiculous Vatanen-hype?

He's going to be a good puck-moving NHL d-man but he's not there yet.

In fact, he should be in Norfolk logging 25+ mins per game, leading the defense.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I think it may be time for eenok's 15 minutes of fame to start slowly sinking into the sunset.
Yes, the joke is getting old really fast.

People stop replying to him.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:39 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post
vatanen is best DEFENSMAN anaheim has got up in years..IF NOT ALL TIME! CLEAR SUPERSTAR!, you will sing along and Clap your hands for him in game soon othervise you look stupid at HONDA! TRUST ME!

EENOK/IL , Finland
Niedermayer and Pronger? Hell. Fowler is head and shoulders and knees above Vatanen right now. As crazy as it sounds, you need to watch him with a little less bias and realize he's having growing pains.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 1951
Looking forward to getting to see Etem play tonight.

Good luck tonight boys, but I fully expect the Ducks to thrash the Stars with the way our teams have been playing as of late. The only player I've been impressed with is Eakin, who really plays a great two-way game.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Leizi

Etem will score his first NHL goal tonight... Yeah, he will ****ing do it tonight! 5-2 Ducks,

Etem 1 (redirect from a shot by Getz)
Perry 2 (Corey finds a way, or two)
Selänne 1 (pp)
Winnik 1 (crashes the crease)

Old
02-08-2013, 05:58 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

we're the only game tonight?
welp we'll probably crap the bed if we allow a buncha 3 on 1's again

Old
02-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leizi View Post
Etem will score his first NHL goal tonight... Yeah, he will ****ing do it tonight! 5-2 Ducks,

Etem 1 (redirect from a shot by Getz)
Perry 2 (Corey finds a way, or two)
Selänne 1 (pp)
Winnik 1 (crashes the crease)
I like this! Lets go Etem!!!

Old
02-08-2013, 06:02 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Wow Bruce is an idiot if he scratches Sami, HOW will we move the puck? dumb move.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:03 PM
IDuck

going to record this one, so i can watch at a later date and enjoy it for what it is...2 legends squaring off

Old
02-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Six pages of disappointment. Thought there might be interesting news. Someone needs to free Rakell, send him back already.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Elvs

Looking forward to seeing Lovejoy in game action, although I expect he'll become the new whipping boy on here as long as he makes one bad play. He's barely (if at all?) seen any practice time with the Ducks, in that sense it would have made more sense to play Vatanen over him for this game. Still looking forward to see him play, though.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:33 PM
eenok*

dont believe sami is off..lets see when game starts!

keep up the good work! first points for VATANEN TONIGHT!

Old
02-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Since Etem's jersey had his name on it and Fowler's didn't I think it's a safe bet Emmo was their anticipated pick at 12.
There was a video on anaheimducks.com after the draft where you could see the whiteboard where they ranked the top 8 or so skaters as well as some commentary about why they liked Fowler better than Gudbranson.

Off the top of my head the order was Hall, Seguin, Fowler, Gudbranson, Gormley, Johansen and Niedereiter. I may be off a little there because it was a long time ago but I'm certain of the top 4. I imagine Etem was ranked somewhere after that - probably around 12 or so.

Edit: Spelling and adding a sentence.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

NHL on the fly showing the saves of the week, with the save on Palmieri being number 1. I still say the damn thing was in the net.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:58 PM
VataNIST

Now I NO same mind Eenok. Sami no superstars.. But no bad. Sami play good. Why not play today?? I no understand

I hope trade Sami real team.. Ducks joke, no right place Sami!! 10 yearses you sea ok? Sami no play so no heart/soul duck. U happy use Teemu and Saku. Sami next Teemu couch no see so beye beye ducks. Hope trade great team where stick puck skill 92-94 whit special skill move and skate 92 aprresiateds!! I no understand!!! Perfects game Sami now bench!!??

Lydman old guy lovejoy lol stupids name. Better Sami?? No way!! I no start Allen.. Stupid bad player..
Sami 3-0-0.

So ANGRY NOW!!! No sleeep 22 hour wait sami play. And no play?? Stupid is the manager!!! I no get understands!! Explain??!

Old
02-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
we're the only game tonight?
welp we'll probably crap the bed if we allow a buncha 3 on 1's again
I didn't know we were the only game as well. On NHL network too. We're on nationally!

Old
02-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
There was a video on anaheimducks.com after the draft where you could see the whiteboard where they ranked the top 8 or so skaters as well as some commentary about why they liked Fowler better than Gudbranson.

Off the top of my head the order was Hall, Seguin, Fowler, Gudbranson, Gormley, Johansen and Niedereiter. I may be off a little there because it was a long time ago but I'm certain of the top 4. I imagine Etem was ranked somewhere after that - probably around 12 or so.

Edit: Spelling and adding a sentence.
If it's the video I saw, the argument for Fowler was "his vision is off the charts" or something along those lines.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
NHL on the fly showing the saves of the week, with the save on Palmieri being number 1. I still say the damn thing was in the net.
That was a goal! They didn't look at it from a side profile where you can see the puck behind the bar, in his glove. Crazy to be able to pull that puck back out and the refs could not see it.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VataNIST View Post
Now I NO same mind Eenok. Sami no superstars.. But no bad. Sami play good. Why not play today?? I no understand

I hope trade Sami real team.. Ducks joke, no right place Sami!! 10 yearses you sea ok? Sami no play so no heart/soul duck. U happy use Teemu and Saku. Sami next Teemu couch no see so beye beye ducks. Hope trade great team where stick puck skill 92-94 whit special skill move and skate 92 aprresiateds!! I no understand!!! Perfects game Sami now bench!!??

Lydman old guy lovejoy lol stupids name. Better Sami?? No way!! I no start Allen.. Stupid bad player..
Sami 3-0-0.

So ANGRY NOW!!! No sleeep 22 hour wait sami play. And no play?? Stupid is the manager!!! I no get understands!! Explain??!
Vatanen didn't play a perfect game. Or even remotely close to it. Lovejoy makes sense for the role. He's a bigger body, with more experience under his belt, and he can move the puck and do the job defensively. Basically, for a 3rd pairing defenseman, Lovejoy makes more sense.

Closed Thread