HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ana (7-1-1) @ Texas Guys (5-5-1): Battle of the Greybeards

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2013, 04:57 PM
  #126
Gibson Les Palms
Registered User
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,481
vCash: 50
Eenok, can I ask you what IL is? Is that a city?

Gibson Les Palms is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:14 PM
  #127
Hockey Duckie
Registered User
 
Hockey Duckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: southern cal
Posts: 2,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
I like the first three lines. I'm sure the 4th will be fine defensively, but I kinda wish we would see a bit of offensive potential out of our 4th. Doubt you'll see it with those wingers..
Beleskey-Bonino-Etem... Bonino got a hat trick

Beleskey-Bonino-Staubitz... One player makes a huge difference, but potential is there for offensive output. But the current fourth line does have energy to it as Beleskey likes to hit and now Staubitz found his skates so he can also hit as well. Now if one were to put Rakell at RW, then you might be rolling four dangerous lines. Anyhow, what's the news on Rakell? He's been sitting for quite a long time. Unless I haven't read something yet, the Ducks need to poop or get off the pot. Bring Rakell back if we're on a playoff run should Rakell be available at the end of his junior year.

Hockey Duckie is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:20 PM
  #128
Gibson Les Palms
Registered User
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,481
vCash: 50
Just noticed this is the only game today. Hopefully they play well and showcase a bit.

Gibson Les Palms is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:22 PM
  #129
Hockey Duckie
Registered User
 
Hockey Duckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: southern cal
Posts: 2,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
What Murray expects from Lovejoy: I've been watching you from a far for quite some time (I'm paraphrasing because the quote didn't carryover)


How Lovejoy describes himself: Play smart by moving my legs. Push everything to the outside. Join rush if opening dictates. (Again, me paraphrasing)


Lovejoy is Parros-level well spoken.
Wow. Did Murray ever stroke that flame really high. But I like the response from Lovejoy. He knows his role and his capabilities. That helps because then he won't be caught flat footed or take the wrong angle. And hey, we got another big guy to step right into the defense.

Hockey Duckie is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:23 PM
  #130
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out
 
Bruins Stooge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hartford County CT
Country: United States
Posts: 4,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Well, it's really up to Boudreau and what he thinks of Hiller. He's clearly not shy about going with the hot hand, but at the same time I think he realizes that Hiller needs to play if he's going to shake off the rust. I'd expect them to split it until Hiller takes over. Of course, if Fasth keeps it up and Hiller doesn't find his game, who knows?
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post
vatanen is best DEFENSMAN anaheim has got up in years..IF NOT ALL TIME! CLEAR SUPERSTAR!, you will sing along and Clap your hands for him in game soon othervise you look stupid at HONDA! TRUST ME!

EENOK/IL , Finland
Not saying he's the best (don't know ducks history)

but . . .



says hello

Bruins Stooge is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:25 PM
  #131
NEWFowler
hi
 
NEWFowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,292
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
Beleskey-Bonino-Etem... Bonino got a hat trick

Beleskey-Bonino-Staubitz... One player makes a huge difference, but potential is there for offensive output. But the current fourth line does have energy to it as Beleskey likes to hit and now Staubitz found his skates so he can also hit as well. Now if one were to put Rakell at RW, then you might be rolling four dangerous lines. Anyhow, what's the news on Rakell? He's been sitting for quite a long time. Unless I haven't read something yet, the Ducks need to poop or get off the pot. Bring Rakell back if we're on a playoff run should Rakell be available at the end of his junior year.
Oh come on. That hat trick was impressive, but is that likely to happen again this season? I wouldn't bet on it.

NEWFowler is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:28 PM
  #132
Pepper
Registered User
 
Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Sure, if you ignore the fact Lovejoy is bigger, better defensively, and has 100 NHL games under his belt.
This. Could we please stop the ridiculous Vatanen-hype?

He's going to be a good puck-moving NHL d-man but he's not there yet.

In fact, he should be in Norfolk logging 25+ mins per game, leading the defense.

Pepper is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:33 PM
  #133
Pepper
Registered User
 
Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I think it may be time for eenok's 15 minutes of fame to start slowly sinking into the sunset.
Yes, the joke is getting old really fast.

People stop replying to him.

Pepper is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:39 PM
  #134
DuckJet
Destiny pls
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 37,062
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post
vatanen is best DEFENSMAN anaheim has got up in years..IF NOT ALL TIME! CLEAR SUPERSTAR!, you will sing along and Clap your hands for him in game soon othervise you look stupid at HONDA! TRUST ME!

EENOK/IL , Finland
Niedermayer and Pronger? Hell. Fowler is head and shoulders and knees above Vatanen right now. As crazy as it sounds, you need to watch him with a little less bias and realize he's having growing pains.

DuckJet is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:45 PM
  #135
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail
 
Dominic Roussel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ATX
Country: United States
Posts: 4,696
vCash: 1951
Looking forward to getting to see Etem play tonight.

Good luck tonight boys, but I fully expect the Ducks to thrash the Stars with the way our teams have been playing as of late. The only player I've been impressed with is Eakin, who really plays a great two-way game.

Dominic Roussel is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:53 PM
  #136
Leizi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,094
vCash: 500
Etem will score his first NHL goal tonight... Yeah, he will ****ing do it tonight! 5-2 Ducks,

Etem 1 (redirect from a shot by Getz)
Perry 2 (Corey finds a way, or two)
Selänne 1 (pp)
Winnik 1 (crashes the crease)

Leizi is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:58 PM
  #137
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17,676
vCash: 500
we're the only game tonight?
welp we'll probably crap the bed if we allow a buncha 3 on 1's again

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 06:00 PM
  #138
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leizi View Post
Etem will score his first NHL goal tonight... Yeah, he will ****ing do it tonight! 5-2 Ducks,

Etem 1 (redirect from a shot by Getz)
Perry 2 (Corey finds a way, or two)
Selänne 1 (pp)
Winnik 1 (crashes the crease)
I like this! Lets go Etem!!!

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 06:02 PM
  #139
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17,676
vCash: 500
Wow Bruce is an idiot if he scratches Sami, HOW will we move the puck? dumb move.

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 06:03 PM
  #140
IDuck
Registered User
 
IDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
going to record this one, so i can watch at a later date and enjoy it for what it is...2 legends squaring off

IDuck is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 06:03 PM
  #141
Static
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 17,548
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Static
Six pages of disappointment. Thought there might be interesting news. Someone needs to free Rakell, send him back already.

Static is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 06:31 PM
  #142
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,694
vCash: 500
Looking forward to seeing Lovejoy in game action, although I expect he'll become the new whipping boy on here as long as he makes one bad play. He's barely (if at all?) seen any practice time with the Ducks, in that sense it would have made more sense to play Vatanen over him for this game. Still looking forward to see him play, though.

Elvs is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 06:33 PM
  #143
eenok*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
dont believe sami is off..lets see when game starts!

keep up the good work! first points for VATANEN TONIGHT!

eenok* is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 06:37 PM
  #144
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 13,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Since Etem's jersey had his name on it and Fowler's didn't I think it's a safe bet Emmo was their anticipated pick at 12.
There was a video on anaheimducks.com after the draft where you could see the whiteboard where they ranked the top 8 or so skaters as well as some commentary about why they liked Fowler better than Gudbranson.

Off the top of my head the order was Hall, Seguin, Fowler, Gudbranson, Gormley, Johansen and Niedereiter. I may be off a little there because it was a long time ago but I'm certain of the top 4. I imagine Etem was ranked somewhere after that - probably around 12 or so.

Edit: Spelling and adding a sentence.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 06:53 PM
  #145
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 8,553
vCash: 50
NHL on the fly showing the saves of the week, with the save on Palmieri being number 1. I still say the damn thing was in the net.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 06:58 PM
  #146
VataNIST
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Finland!
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Now I NO same mind Eenok. Sami no superstars.. But no bad. Sami play good. Why not play today?? I no understand

I hope trade Sami real team.. Ducks joke, no right place Sami!! 10 yearses you sea ok? Sami no play so no heart/soul duck. U happy use Teemu and Saku. Sami next Teemu couch no see so beye beye ducks. Hope trade great team where stick puck skill 92-94 whit special skill move and skate 92 aprresiateds!! I no understand!!! Perfects game Sami now bench!!??

Lydman old guy lovejoy lol stupids name. Better Sami?? No way!! I no start Allen.. Stupid bad player..
Sami 3-0-0.

So ANGRY NOW!!! No sleeep 22 hour wait sami play. And no play?? Stupid is the manager!!! I no get understands!! Explain??!

VataNIST is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 07:00 PM
  #147
Hockey Duckie
Registered User
 
Hockey Duckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: southern cal
Posts: 2,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
we're the only game tonight?
welp we'll probably crap the bed if we allow a buncha 3 on 1's again
I didn't know we were the only game as well. On NHL network too. We're on nationally!

Hockey Duckie is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 07:00 PM
  #148
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,819
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
There was a video on anaheimducks.com after the draft where you could see the whiteboard where they ranked the top 8 or so skaters as well as some commentary about why they liked Fowler better than Gudbranson.

Off the top of my head the order was Hall, Seguin, Fowler, Gudbranson, Gormley, Johansen and Niedereiter. I may be off a little there because it was a long time ago but I'm certain of the top 4. I imagine Etem was ranked somewhere after that - probably around 12 or so.

Edit: Spelling and adding a sentence.
If it's the video I saw, the argument for Fowler was "his vision is off the charts" or something along those lines.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 07:01 PM
  #149
Hockey Duckie
Registered User
 
Hockey Duckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: southern cal
Posts: 2,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
NHL on the fly showing the saves of the week, with the save on Palmieri being number 1. I still say the damn thing was in the net.
That was a goal! They didn't look at it from a side profile where you can see the puck behind the bar, in his glove. Crazy to be able to pull that puck back out and the refs could not see it.

Hockey Duckie is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 07:05 PM
  #150
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,819
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VataNIST View Post
Now I NO same mind Eenok. Sami no superstars.. But no bad. Sami play good. Why not play today?? I no understand

I hope trade Sami real team.. Ducks joke, no right place Sami!! 10 yearses you sea ok? Sami no play so no heart/soul duck. U happy use Teemu and Saku. Sami next Teemu couch no see so beye beye ducks. Hope trade great team where stick puck skill 92-94 whit special skill move and skate 92 aprresiateds!! I no understand!!! Perfects game Sami now bench!!??

Lydman old guy lovejoy lol stupids name. Better Sami?? No way!! I no start Allen.. Stupid bad player..
Sami 3-0-0.

So ANGRY NOW!!! No sleeep 22 hour wait sami play. And no play?? Stupid is the manager!!! I no get understands!! Explain??!
Vatanen didn't play a perfect game. Or even remotely close to it. Lovejoy makes sense for the role. He's a bigger body, with more experience under his belt, and he can move the puck and do the job defensively. Basically, for a 3rd pairing defenseman, Lovejoy makes more sense.

Sojourn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.