HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Helminen

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2005, 09:26 AM
AXN

vCash: 500
Helminen

He should be playing fourth line with Gernander and maybe Hollweg and not with Charlotte. Why did they sign him this year anyway?

Old
03-15-2005, 09:29 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Nothing wrong with him playing in Charlotte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN
He should be playing fourth line with Gernander and maybe Hollweg and not with Charlotte. Why did they sign him this year anyway?
Right now he's a victim on numbers. A roster spot will open up in Hartford. He needs time to adjust to the pro game.

Old
03-15-2005, 09:33 AM
AXN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
Right now he's a victim on numbers. A roster spot will open up in Hartford. He needs time to adjust to the pro game.
What numbers? With Hollweg playing leftwing, who do they have to play 4th line center? I think he can do better than lawson as a 4th line center.

Old
03-15-2005, 10:00 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN
What numbers? With Hollweg playing leftwing, who do they have to play 4th line center? I think he can do better than lawson as a 4th line center.

Lawson is crap. Im shocked Helminen is not playing with Ortmeyer since they played together in school.

Old
03-15-2005, 10:05 AM
AXN

That's because Ortmeyer played with Lundmark when they where with the rangers and are the most llikely to go back to the NHL. I would not mind seeing,
Wiseman Lundmark Ortmeyer
Giroux Moore Balej
Murray Ulmer Hamilton
Hollweg Helminen Gernander,
when everybody is healthy.

I would not call lawson crap but I don't think he is even a center.

Old
03-15-2005, 10:17 AM
AG9NK35DT8*

Helminen is actually the only prospect besides Lundqvist and Jessiman I am looking foward to seeing. I hope this kid can turn out similar to a C.Drury/John Madden type player, maybe not as offensive but as good defensively with some good scoring touch.

Old
03-15-2005, 10:02 PM
SpaceGhost79

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN
Helminen left college early because his grades were suffering and he didn't want to do the school work. I believe all he had to do was take one or two classes last summer but he didn't want to put forth the effort. Kinda disappointing since this was suppose to be his senior year. Not the first time in his career he had this problem, either, as Berenson benched him for a weekend either his sophomore or junior year because he wasn't doing good in class. It was kind of a wake up call to get caught up or ride the pine. Unfortunately in the end (as a Michigan fan), Dewey, I suppose you could say, chose the easy way out and left college early.

Old
03-15-2005, 11:48 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN
That's because Ortmeyer played with Lundmark when they where with the rangers and are the most llikely to go back to the NHL. I would not mind seeing,
Wiseman Lundmark Ortmeyer
Giroux Moore Balej
Murray Ulmer Hamilton
Hollweg Helminen Gernander,
when everybody is healthy.

I would not call lawson crap but I don't think he is even a center.

Id rather give the last spot to Stals or someone like Cuthbert rather than Lawson.

Old
03-16-2005, 09:36 AM
marvel

What about Helminen's skating and speed? I heard he is one of the fastest skaters in Northamerica... heard of his strong defensive game too!

Old
03-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
Helminen is actually the only prospect besides Lundqvist and Jessiman I am looking foward to seeing. I hope this kid can turn out similar to a C.Drury/John Madden type player, maybe not as offensive but as good defensively with some good scoring touch.
I really liked Helminen after seeing him in a WJC a few years ago. My impression then was that he had great speed and was responsible with the puck. I too looked forward to seeing him in the AHL.

He have had a few injurys that haven't exactly helped him but I wasn't that impressed when I saw him in HFD. Seems to have been strucked with the Fata in NY disese.... Skates like crazy but with no real purpose.

I rather have him getting premium minutes in the ECHL then on a 4th line in HFD. Hopefully he can get his game back on track...

Old
03-16-2005, 04:49 PM
bmoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Id rather give the last spot to Stals or someone like Cuthbert rather than Lawson.
Since both of those guys have about as much chance of playing for the Rangers as Lawson (not much), I don't see it mattering that much as who holds down the 12th/13tg forward position in Hartford. Neither Cuthbert nor Stals has hit 10 goals in Charlotte. At least Cuthbert has been contributing with a lot of assists (Jamieson/Cuthbert/Wirll was the hot line for a while). Stals isn't thriving in Charlotte and has been singled out by Wilkinson for not working hard.

Cuthbert has been up and has played on offensive lines and just hasn't produced at all. He also had a prime chance to win a spot in camp (McGill was trying him in an offensive line role in preseason games before they decided to go with Hamilton). Lawson (hardly a big offensive player) has outproduced him, and was a better scorer in ECHL.

It's moot anyway since Cuthbert and Stals are both hurt.

Old
03-17-2005, 12:46 AM
dukesnider

I think Stals might have played in tuesdays loss. Whats Cuthberts injury?

Old
03-17-2005, 03:43 AM
bmoak

Cuthbert has a concussion.

Closed Thread