HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v26: Chuckers Gonna Chuck II: Chuck Harder

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Paul Milsap will be ideal.

Drool at this starting 5.

Valanciunas
Milsap
Gay
DeRozan
Lowry
Much better fit than Boozer, imo, just because of age.

Gay, 26
Lowry, 26
Derozan, 23
J Val, 20

I think when looking for players, you take your best players, see the age range, and build soley in that bracket. We need to be looking for 20-26 year olds.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Hyperglide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
Perhaps we can revisit the Boozer for Bargnani trade Rumour....Thoughts

Boozer for Bargnani and Kleiza, this works on the NBA Trade Machine

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...gets-get-moved
Chicago want's to save $5 Million, so if we throw in Kleiza the deal doesn't work. You have to add $5 more salary coming back form the Bulls or else they won't move him. They need go get $5 million off the books so they don't go into tax territory. That's the crux of the deal.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:05 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Not sure why the Raptors don't take the luxury tax. With Boozer this team can probably make the playoffs, and then they'll make their money back. And if everyone stays healthy, we should be able to make the playoffs next year.

02-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
I've heard you guys mention Milsap as someone to target, and the Raptors were apparently kicking the tires on Boozer. Anybody else on this list that seems like a likely/desireable/feasible target?
I'd kill for Gortat very underrated big. Not sure if the Raps are interested but I'd take Gortat over Boozer. Only would take Millsap over him.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Budsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
Chicago want's to save $5 Million, so if we throw in Kleiza the deal doesn't work. You have to add $5 more salary coming back form the Bulls or else they won't move him. They need go get $5 million off the books so they don't go into tax territory. That's the crux of the deal.
Kleiza can be dumped, the problem they are dealing with, they don't want to do that with Boozer however getting rid of Kleiza, I think gets them under the luxury tax and they retain Bargnani.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:19 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
Raptors don't line up as a trade partner then. The Raptors would need to send out an additional almost $3m beyond just Bargs' $10m in order to take Boozer back. So either the Bulls would have to take someone like Kleiza or Fields (yeah right), or a 3rd team with some cap space would have to be brought in to absorb extra Toronto salary in exchange for some smaller parts or picks or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
I've heard you guys mention Milsap as someone to target, and the Raptors were apparently kicking the tires on Boozer. Anybody else on this list that seems like a likely/desireable/feasible target?
It's not likely the Raptors are going to get much back. They've already blown their biggest trade chips on the Gay deal. So all that's left is whatever value Bargs has. Ross' rookie contract is too valuable for the team to give up, and the other expendable parts have no value or negative value.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
02-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
It's not likely the Raptors are going to get much back. They've already blown their biggest trade chips on the Gay deal. So all that's left is whatever value Bargs has. Ross' rookie contract is too valuable for the team to give up, and the other expendable parts have no value or negative value.
Fair enough. If that's the case, you keep Bargnani, play him off the bench as a range scoring option and hope he rebuilds his value with some improved play. The only reason to move him for scraps would be if you could package another deadweight contract along with him for quality youth or expiring contracts.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Budsfan

Quote:
Raptors don't line up as a trade partner then. The Raptors would need to send out an additional almost $3m beyond just Bargs' $10m in order to take Boozer back. So either the Bulls would have to take someone like Kleiza or Fields (yeah right), or a 3rd team with some cap space would have to be brought in to absorb extra Toronto salary in exchange for some smaller parts or picks or something.
I hate to contradict you because you really know your Basketball and I haven't followed them much in quite a few years but the Trade Machine rejects a trade with Bargnani and Feilds for Boozer

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=aagwzx5

Last edited by Budsfan: 02-14-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old
02-14-2013, 03:34 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
I hate to cotradict you because you really know your Basketball and I haven't followed them much in quite a few years but the Trade Machine rejects a trade with Bargnani and Feilds for Boozer

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=aagwzx5
I know straight up that Fields/Bargs for Boozer wouldn't work. But it would only require smaller additions from the Bulls side to balance out (a guy making a mil or so)

Old
02-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Budsfan

Quote:
I know straight up that Fields/Bargs for Boozer wouldn't work. But it would only require smaller additions from the Bulls side to balance out (a guy making a mil or so)
I really am no expert on this I just tried it and it Failed and I wasn't sure if they could do it.

I bow to your expertise and I'll try some other scenarios and possibly a third team.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:45 PM
topched

Does anybody know if we can include a first along with Bargs in any possible trade?

OKC's in line to receive our 1st as long as we don't finish bottom five or make the playoffs.

I wonder how those conditions affect BC's ability to include a 1st. It would have to be a pretty damn good player to give up another 1st along with Bargs, but I was just interested as to when we can start dealing more picks.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Eytinge

We can't trade two picks in a row, so I'd believe the OKC pick would have to be confirmed before we could trade another first. I'm not sure though.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:17 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
I really am no expert on this I just tried it and it Failed and I wasn't sure if they could do it.

I bow to your expertise and I'll try some other scenarios and possibly a third team.
Just as an example:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=a5gfwfu

you could trade Bargs and Fields for Boozer and SF Jimmy Butler

Now I don't think that would happen just because no team that's looking to shed some salary like the Bulls would want to take on a bad contract like Fields. But it could be done with a little creative shifting of assets.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

As I said before, Millsap would be my number 1 target. However, I don't see it being realistic in the sense that he probably wouldn't sign here long term unless we offered him the max.

02-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Nazem Bozak

as much as we hate on the heat foul calls and there ref bias. lol okc is 100x worst.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:50 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Lol what an inbound play by LBJ.

Raps need to run some of those.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:05 PM
Cool Hand Luke

Possible three way?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=b7eu75h

Didn't work...

To Bucks:
Lowry
Gray

To Chicago:
Bargs
Alan Anderson

To Toronto:
Boozer
Jennings
Sanders

Old
02-14-2013, 11:58 PM
Eytinge

Milwaukee won't trade Sanders. He's one of the best rim protectors in the nba.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:19 AM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

vCash: 350
Not to mention we won't be trading Lowry.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:23 AM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Milwaukee won't trade Sanders. He's one of the best rim protectors in the nba.
He's the Serge Ibaka of the Eastern Conference.

It's too bad because I was a huge fan of him during his draft year and was rooting for the Raptors to get him. Knew he'd be a defensive stopper in the NBA.

02-15-2013, 10:20 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
really TSN.... the ******* dunk COMP is on TSN 2..... while the 2013 Scotties Tournament of Hearts is on the main channel.... what a joke

Old
02-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

Apparently the Raptors have an offer on the table for Bargnani from Chicago and they can take it whenever they choose.

Boozer
Robinson

for

Bargnani
Lucas

Absolutely horrible. I want no part of Nate Robinson on this team.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:42 AM
fasteddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Apparently the Raptors have an offer on the table for Bargnani from Chicago and they can take it whenever they choose.

Boozer
Robinson

for

Bargnani
Lucas

Absolutely horrible. I want no part of Nate Robinson on this team.
As far as i have heard there was never an offer it was just asked about a few weeks back. There were never any ppeices on the table except BA and boozer. I would love to see a link that states diff.

I would take that trade in a heart beat... BA has to go. He looked lost last game and was taken out of the game for giving up easy baskets and missing his assignments..

Old
02-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Buckleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy View Post
As far as i have heard there was never an offer it was just asked about a few weeks back. There were never any ppeices on the table except BA and boozer. I would love to see a link that states diff.

I would take that trade in a heart beat... BA has to go. He looked lost last game and was taken out of the game for giving up easy baskets and missing his assignments..
He is going off of what Wiretap is saying. It seems the deal is on the table.

I agree Bargs needs to take a hike, but I don't think the 31 year old Boozer is the answer. He's making a lot of money and he handcuffs us for the next few years. It won't happen, but it would make much more sense to Amnesty Bargs and have Kleiza rot on the bench next season.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy View Post

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...n-derrick-rose

Hoopsrumors has it up as well. I don't know if it works from salary perspective but if it does, its an intriguing offer. Raps are kinda going all-in and said they would be willing to go into luxury tax area and this move puts them there. I like the deal but I worry about the back-up PG position and being in the luxury tax area, it will be very difficult to address that. If they can move Fields for a decent back-up, even a very overpaid one, Raps should look into that and then I would pull the trigger on this.

Closed Thread