HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

2013 NHL Mock Draft: The Next Ones Winter Edition

Old
02-19-2013, 10:04 PM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
2013 NHL Mock Draft: The Next Ones Winter Edition

The Next Ones Mock Draft is live based on NHL standings before last night's games (actually point percentage to even out those who have played less games).

Link: http://thehockeywriters.com/2013-nhl...winter-edition

A couple of teasers:
- Flames and Habs draft hometown kids
- Blue Jackets rebuild gets fantastic boost
- Oilers go back to drafting Russian in the first
- Avs go Swedish
- Leafs nab son of former NHL scrapper

Flame away...mock my mock, but back it up...

chrisralph007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Looks very solid. As a Canucks fan, I would much rather we take Hagg over Lekhonen. We have quite a bit of winger depth in our prospect pool, and Lekhonen's size seems like the opposite direction the Canucks are going in right now. We lack a big, solid defensive prospect, and Hagg brings all that plus skill, making him my choice for us.

My only other comment might be that I think that New Jersey would elect to take a winger instead of a defenseman, someone like Carrier or Dickinson would be a good pick for them, I think, and still be good value at that position.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:09 AM
jacketman10

I like it from a Blue Jackets perspective. I have not formulated my own opinions on which players I want but according to what I have read, it looks good.

jacketman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Regina Pat
Who Cares?

-Love that the Leafs get Kirby Rychel.
-Surprised you had Klimer at 24. As a Pats fan, I'm happy for him, he deserves to go that high, he's a great player.
-Hawks getting Petan makes a lot of sense. Low risk, High reward.

Regina Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:44 PM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Looks very solid. As a Canucks fan, I would much rather we take Hagg over Lekhonen. We have quite a bit of winger depth in our prospect pool, and Lekhonen's size seems like the opposite direction the Canucks are going in right now. We lack a big, solid defensive prospect, and Hagg brings all that plus skill, making him my choice for us.

My only other comment might be that I think that New Jersey would elect to take a winger instead of a defenseman, someone like Carrier or Dickinson would be a good pick for them, I think, and still be good value at that position.
VanKiller Whale - agree that Hagg should garner strong consideration by Canucks - Edler could be a great mentor for him eventually.

Carrier and Dickinson definitely got 1st round considerations from me (there are at least 45 guys who wouldn't surprise me to go in the 1st rnd). Still think the Devils (and most teams in general) should choose BPA available rather than on position, but of course that comes into the picture.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:46 PM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9 View Post
-Love that the Leafs get Kirby Rychel.
-Surprised you had Klimer at 24. As a Pats fan, I'm happy for him, he deserves to go that high, he's a great player.
-Hawks getting Petan makes a lot of sense. Low risk, High reward.
Thanks K9 - I saw Klimchuk live again this past Sunday - really like his overall game - was very impressed even before he sniped a goal in the game.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

For St. Louis I really like the Horvat pick, but I also wouldn't complain if we got Mantha or Wennberg.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:48 PM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketman10 View Post
I like it from a Blue Jackets perspective. I have not formulated my own opinions on which players I want but according to what I have read, it looks good.
jacketman10: If they could get these 3, the fanbase should be very pleased.

It will be interesting to see new GM Jarmo's approach to the draft - he's a savvy one!

Old
02-20-2013, 01:12 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

like the Oil's pick of Zadorov, but they would seriously consider taking a center like Wennberg or Gauthier, or a big winger like Mantha. all in all a pretty good list.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Wennberg or Hagg over Rychel for us please.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:11 PM
stayinalive

vCash: 1078
suprised that Lazar is that high. Really like the Wennberg Pick for the Pens,however think he should be 5-10 spots higher

stayinalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:30 PM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinalive View Post
suprised that Lazar is that high. Really like the Wennberg Pick for the Pens,however think he should be 5-10 spots higher
I know Lazar dropping on a lot of the main stream rankings, but come draft feel he'll be Top 10 or close to it. Very safe bet to succeed at NHL level. Would look good on JT's wing in a couple of seasons.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:54 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Love Gauthier as the Sharks pick. We need a kid with a high ceiling.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:05 PM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Thanks - Size and skill and potential - was thinking Thornton could be a great mentor for him.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:24 PM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Wennberg or Hagg over Rychel for us please.
Tough to go wrong with any of the talented Swedish kids, Mr Burke. I think Rychel does offer excellent value at that point in the draft.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:21 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Him and Thomas Hertl would be quite the duo to face. Could make for very interesting in San Jose.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Ashasx

Why can't I see the list?

nm. it's working now.

Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:08 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketman10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisralph007 View Post
jacketman10: If they could get these 3, the fanbase should be very pleased.

It will be interesting to see new GM Jarmo's approach to the draft - he's a savvy one!
If shinkaruk is available (or any high offense touted prospects) then they are going to be all over it. CBJ is LOADED in the system with D prospects, while lacking majorly in the offensive side. The only way we would take a defensive player is if Jarmo decides far and away Jones is a notch above Mackinnon(unlikely) or we select 2nd and cannot pass on Jones. But in that case I could see him trading down to select two offensive talents in the top 10.

But who knows, trades are always unaccountable so its definitely going to be a exciting few months

slightlystewpid420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:01 AM
Mats86

Quite sure the Habs won't take Duclair even though he is local. Unless he slides to the third round or something. They say issues with his character. Habs like Wennberg, could be Diaby also, they spent lot of time watching him. Might take Diaby with Calgary pick. Some of the others available at 25 I don't about. They may deal their 2nd to move up to get Gauthier. Even though I wouldn't

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:28 AM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Quite sure the Habs won't take Duclair even though he is local. Unless he slides to the third round or something. They say issues with his character. Habs like Wennberg, could be Diaby also, they spent lot of time watching him. Might take Diaby with Calgary pick. Some of the others available at 25 I don't about. They may deal their 2nd to move up to get Gauthier. Even though I wouldn't
I do realize both Erne & Duclair were called up by Patrick Roy - have to hope they'll learn from the situation - I'm not so sure I'd go so far as saying Duclair has character issues, as you have alluded too - I think it's a simple case of maturing...If he lasts through to the 3rd rnd, then some GM and scouting team we'll be laughing all the way home from Newark, NJ.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:34 AM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
If shinkaruk is available (or any high offense touted prospects) then they are going to be all over it. CBJ is LOADED in the system with D prospects, while lacking majorly in the offensive side. The only way we would take a defensive player is if Jarmo decides far and away Jones is a notch above Mackinnon(unlikely) or we select 2nd and cannot pass on Jones. But in that case I could see him trading down to select two offensive talents in the top 10.

But who knows, trades are always unaccountable so its definitely going to be a exciting few months
That could be a likely scenario as well SS. In my initial draft version of the mock I had them grabbing 3 forwards in the 1st, and really could see that happening. Ryan Pulock, however, would give them a dimension on the blueline that would beef up the offensive side of the game - he's a complete, poised blueliner with an absolute cannon.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:38 AM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

On a side note, especially with respect to CBJ, does anyone foresee them taking a netminder in the 1st (Zach Fucale, for instance)? I'm not a big fan of selecting goalies in the first rnd period, but I could see it with a team with multiple selections. CBJ, of course, selected Dansk and Korpisalo in the 2nd & 3rd rnd last year, so I'd say no. Thoughts?

Old
02-23-2013, 01:28 PM
stayinalive

vCash: 1078
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisralph007 View Post
On a side note, especially with respect to CBJ, does anyone foresee them taking a netminder in the 1st (Zach Fucale, for instance)? I'm not a big fan of selecting goalies in the first rnd period, but I could see it with a team with multiple selections. CBJ, of course, selected Dansk and Korpisalo in the 2nd & 3rd rnd last year, so I'd say no. Thoughts?
If one of their picks is between 25 and 30 I can see them taking Fucale (if available)

stayinalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:36 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
We go to the Stanley Cup finals and score Robert Hagg at the draft?!? Pinch me.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:58 PM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yandle Bars View Post
For St. Louis I really like the Horvat pick, but I also wouldn't complain if we got Mantha or Wennberg.
Horvat seemed like a great fit when looking at options for the Blues. Like all teams in the 1st rnd, they'll have a tough decision to make - in a good way though with plenty of talent kicking around.