HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Did Cybulski get the boot?

Old
02-09-2013, 10:44 PM
MsMeow

vCash: 500
I love Tim and Sid. They are funny and keep the show moving at a good pace. Hayes is good but I'm not big on McLennan. Doug McLean and Kypreos make me crazy with their yelling and interruptions. As for Brady, I am kind of surprised someone hasn't told him to shut up about Detroit.

MsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Yosho
Logic

Good. I may actually tune in once and awhile.

Cybulski was the main reason I avoided 1050. That, and I love the T&S show.

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Anthrax442

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I love Tim and Sid. They are funny and keep the show moving at a good pace. Hayes is good but I'm not big on McLennan. Doug McLean and Kypreos make me crazy with their yelling and interruptions. As for Brady, I am kind of surprised someone hasn't told him to shut up about Detroit.
T&S play way too much hip hop for my liking and they talk about the damn Lakers all the friggin time. Marek and Wyshinski are way better than them.

Anthrax442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Erdinger

vCash: 50
Quote:
. As for Brady, I am kind of surprised someone hasn't told him to shut up about Detroit.
This. Is there a large media market anywhere that has the morning guy talk about the sports scene in one other specific city as much as him? I can't stand listening to Brady anymore.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Anthrax442

Brady's voice doesn't match his face. He looks like a man and sounds like a teenager.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Yosho
Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax442 View Post
T&S play way too much hip hop for my liking and they talk about the damn Lakers all the friggin time. Marek and Wyshinski are way better than them.
I listen to them every day, and other than their hourly intro of a 10 second hip hop song, I don't know what you're talking about!

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Anthrax442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
I listen to them every day, and other than their hourly intro of a 10 second hip hop song, I don't know what you're talking about!
I get to listen to them every day too, and they play more than that, every segment when they come in and out as well. Whatever they play is too much hip hop for my day.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:08 AM
wolfey

Where are you seeing this change?
http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/feature/?fid=50996

shows no change...I liked cybulski and company...they were a ton more serious that bobcat. McCowan is a grumpy old man who tries too hard to be a radio version of Don Cherry...so who's doing the drive now? And where did cybuls go?!

wolfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Todd Skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
I rate it like this

Morning shows are even. I flip between them

I like Blair better then MacArthur in the 9-12 slot

Hockey Central from 12-1 over Leafs Lunch

Leafs Lunch hour 2 and Hayes show over Tim and Sid

McCown over whom ever else
Both morning shows are awful. Fan needs to gun Brady, slide Tim and Sid in so they wipe out Richards. I enjoy Hayes, Hockey Central, and McCown has made a major comeback with me recently. I usually couldn't stand him. I actually didn't mind C-balls either.

Todd Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Shimso

vCash: 50
Meh, I never really liked TSN Radio (probably because I'm also not a fan of their non-live coverage).

Sid & Tim always manage to get songs stuck in my head (like Gloria Stefan the day after the Jays mega-trade ) and I actually like PTS.

Shimso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:04 AM
MapleLeafGardens*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax442 View Post
Brady is insufferable. Also Tim and Sid are really pissing me off. I wish they'd be replaced by Marek and Wyshinsky. Humble and Fred could replace those clowns in the morning.
This ^ totaly agree Marek should have gotten the 1-4 gig in the 1st place. Marek is not being used properly by Sportsnet.

Tim & Sid's childish idiotic not funny humor along with their annoying horns would work well on a high school radio station.

MapleLeafGardens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:07 AM
MapleLeafGardens*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
He's talkin' about the fact that Tim & Sid suck that's what he talkin' bout bro!

MapleLeafGardens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:59 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred50 View Post
Not sure if serious? "Today, on Day 103 of the NHL Lockout..."

If you ever want something amusing to read about the fanatical Canadian media during the lockout read this piece on Grantland: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ia-nhl-lockout
Oh god its bad isn't it? No matter what amount of nothing happened it was almost always the lead story with a throw to a panel to discuss this nothing and what it meant. Gary could have sneezed and there would have been 5-10 minutes of discussion on it. Just about every time I watched sportscentre or connected that's what it was.

And grantland is a fantastic site.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:58 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/Toronto/

Just looking in their line up, Mackowyck has the 9am show and Naylor now has the drive show.
Is he related to Richard Simmons?

Mackowyck talking hockey is embarassing. He has no clue and I find him incredibly annoying. How could they choose him? I cant believe it.

I could only tolerate that show to listen to the insiders like Dreger and Mackenzie at the top of the hour. Cybulski tried over and over to get Kadri to diss the Leafs, asking if he ever thinks about playing in other cities. Cybulski is a complete phony, he was trying to act like Kadri's friend yet get him in trouble. He tried to take advantage of the kid. He talked to Mark Hominick like a complete fool more than once. No respect for guys who fight.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Budz

Quote:
Living in London, I don't catch TSN radio much.

I will say that my family and I just got back from vacation in Cuba. Long story short...I'm standing on the bech with my kids and recognized Tim from his days on The Score. I always enjoyed the score on the NFL. Anyway, I just wanted to say he is a great guy with a nice family.

Budz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:34 PM
david999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budz View Post
Living in London, I don't catch TSN radio much.

I will say that my family and I just got back from vacation in Cuba. Long story short...I'm standing on the bech with my kids and recognized Tim from his days on The Score. I always enjoyed the score on the NFL. Anyway, I just wanted to say he is a great guy with a nice family.
Hi Sid

david999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Platinum Seat Leafs

Fan 590 Hockey Central has been lacking the past year or so the three just seem like d-bags now more then anything Bobcat is amazing though

Platinum Seat Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Cool Beans Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafGardens View Post
This ^ totaly agree Marek should have gotten the 1-4 gig in the 1st place. Marek is not being used properly by Sportsnet.

Tim & Sid's childish idiotic not funny humor along with their annoying horns would work well on a high school radio station.
Love the horns.

Cool Beans Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

I like TSN radio, listen to Blue Lunch when I can with Hayes and Maclennan.

Kessely Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

He tweeted out last night about Raptors so maybe they just took him off Hockey and are leaving him to Basketball?

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Warden of the North
Global Moderator
hmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
He tweeted out last night about Raptors so maybe they just took him off Hockey and are leaving him to Basketball?
Hes gone back to TV. Dont know exactly what hes doing yet.

Warden of the North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Pilky01

Tim and Sid are the best sports radio show in Canada (well, maybe second best next to PTS). I have been listening to them since their show was just a weekly podcast from The Score.

TSN Radio is a failure, if not for their awful programming, then for the simple fact that their signal is so terrible. I cant even get a clear signal from TSN Radio in Oshawa!

Marek and Wyshinski are just pedantic hockey nerds. They're okay as guest 'insiders' for one segment on another show, but I can't listen to them for any length of time. It is like listening to an hfboards thread.

I get the impression people who don't like Tim and Sid mainly just have a stick up their ass and are the type of people who think consumption of the entertainment known as professional sports is supposed to be super serious.

And you can tell Bob McCown really likes them by how often he has them on his show.

Pilky01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:30 AM
MsMeow

Cybulski just tweeted that he is leaving TSN entirely and that he has something on the horizon. It must be hard for these guys, there are only so many jobs out there for the kind of work they do and they usually have to move in order to get a new one.

MsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky01 View Post
Tim and Sid are the best sports radio show in Canada (well, maybe second best next to PTS). I have been listening to them since their show was just a weekly podcast from The Score.

TSN Radio is a failure, if not for their awful programming, then for the simple fact that their signal is so terrible. I cant even get a clear signal from TSN Radio in Oshawa!

Marek and Wyshinski are just pedantic hockey nerds. They're okay as guest 'insiders' for one segment on another show, but I can't listen to them for any length of time. It is like listening to an hfboards thread.

I get the impression people who don't like Tim and Sid mainly just have a stick up their ass and are the type of people who think consumption of the entertainment known as professional sports is supposed to be super serious.

And you can tell Bob McCown really likes them by how often he has them on his show.
TSN reception is horrid old my old truck in the Halton Hills area.

But blue lunch blows away HC by a country mile. I love the 2 hr format.

My free time and interest in sports has it wittled down to NHL full scope of the league, MLB but just the Jays and some curling.
Sprinkle in WJC and winter Olympics. Footy when big teams go head to head.

Faltorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:37 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

Can't stand Brady. Only in Toronto would they hire a Detroit fan to host the morning show and a Montreal/Winnipeg guy to do the 9 to noon show.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote