Ohl Draft And Ohl Cup

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2005, 03:04 PM
ktownhockey

vCash: 500
Ohl Draft And Ohl Cup

Hello,
Ive been scouting the 89 age group across Ontario and this years crop looks pretty good. I'll be at the OHL cup netx week in Toronto so if anyone cares to talk hockey or wants some specific information on a player than I can help you.

there needs to be more talk about minor hockey.. I think it's the most fun to watch. anyways let me know what you think and who your top prospects are for the draft.

Old
03-20-2005, 08:12 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

I'd be interested in hearing about the US teams participating in the OHL Cup. It would be great if Honeybaked could go but from what I hear they'll be at US nationals. That would leave Compuware and Belle Tire as the two US teams eligible to participate.

I'd also love to hear a first hand account of Matt Smyth's play with the Markham Islanders.

Another American who I'm pretty sure is playing in the GTHL is Sean DeBieuw, although I don't remember which team he's playing for. Have you heard/seen anything on him by any chance?

Old
03-21-2005, 01:02 AM
ktownhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney
I'd be interested in hearing about the US teams participating in the OHL Cup. It would be great if Honeybaked could go but from what I hear they'll be at US nationals. That would leave Compuware and Belle Tire as the two US teams eligible to participate.

I'd also love to hear a first hand account of Matt Smyth's play with the Markham Islanders.

Another American who I'm pretty sure is playing in the GTHL is Sean DeBieuw, although I don't remember which team he's playing for. Have you heard/seen anything on him by any chance?
Yep I'll be watching one or two of the Islanders games and I will give you a report on both players.

DeBiew plays for the Islanders with Matt Smyth.... should be an exciting tournament and I'll let you know who stands out

Old
03-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Default101

I live in Sarnia and we have the #2 Overall Pick in this year's draft any ideas of who potentially could be going at #2, their position where they're from and maybe even a player comparison to someone in the ohl or nhl? although i don't fully trust Alan Millar to make the right decision he messed up big time last year, taking Kody Musselman a guy that barely contributed what so ever in 50 something games as supposed to taking hometown hero Dustin Jeffery who is from the Sarnia area and is scoring more and overall playing better on a Mississauga team with less ice time, and about the same skill level of linemates. So Millar seems like a goof to me but i guess we'll see in 3 years right.

Old
03-24-2005, 10:38 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

ktown - You don't happen to know what Smyth's stats were this year, do you?

Old
03-26-2005, 06:16 AM
ktownhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney
ktown - You don't happen to know what Smyth's stats were this year, do you?

I don't know then off hand BUT I think in thre GTHL regular season he finished second or third on their team in points with 39pts or something like that.... 24 goals... I think i remember seeing that somewhere

Chris Terry led there team with 50 points or something..

he's awesome..

both scoring threats everytime there on the ice

Old
03-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Default101

so who do you see in the top 5?

Old
04-01-2005, 10:39 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

I'm curious to hear some feedback as well. Smyth didn't seem to do much at the OHL Cup and now he's off to a slow start at the prospects tournament. What's up with him?

Also, I saw that Doug Leverton from the Cleveland Barons joined Belle Tire for the OHL Cup; how did he do?

Old
04-14-2005, 03:13 AM
ktownhockey

Sorry, I haven't been on this board in a while. I missed it lol

anyways Leaverton played well. Big kid , fairly mobile. Should be a draft for sure based on size and potential alone.

Smyth did not play well. His stock is dropping. BUT he'll never fall out of the top 10. His speed and acceleration are just to NHL like to not pick this kid.

Closed Thread