Bruins v. Winnipeg Sunday February 17

Old
02-15-2013, 08:53 AM
BRUINSwpg
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Bruins v. Winnipeg Sunday February 17

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the message board and a life long Bruins fan, I have a few questions which I am hoping to gets some help with.

As some of you may be aware this season has been impossible to get tickets here in Winnipeg and it looks like for the first time I won't be seeing my team play live (caught every visit from 1979 till the move to Phoenix and was very lucky to have been at both games last year... my 11 year old is now the primary torch carrying Bruin fan in my home). My question is if I am lucky enough to come across a Bruin player how likely is it that they would have any pull in getting tickets for the game here in Winnipeg? I'm not asking for a handout just some access to these tickets you here about that are set aside for visiting teams to give to friends and family when they are visiting another city. I don't believe the Bruins have any Manitoban's on the team.

Also would anyone know if the Bruins will fly out of Buffalo after the game Friday night or fly to Winnipeg on Saturday instead?

thanks for any help it would be greatly appreciated.

BRUINSwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Ratty

Have you checked StubHub or Craigslist? Unless you're really looking for freebies.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:34 AM
BRUINSwpg
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Have you checked StubHub or Craigslist? Unless you're really looking for freebies.
Of course those had never crossed my mind I wil have a look. thanks!

Old
02-15-2013, 11:36 AM
bruins repeat time

Wow I never realized how tough it is to get tickets in winnipeg. There was 1 or 2 on ebay last night but there gone. A few on stub hub and vivid but amazing how few plus Ive never seen so many singles only in my life.

bruins repeat time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:50 AM
almostawake

To the OP. Players rarely request tickets on the road. When they do they typically have to request the tickets before they arrive. The Jets occasionally make some VIP section tickets that were held back on game day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins repeat time View Post
Wow I never realized how tough it is to get tickets in winnipeg. There was 1 or 2 on ebay last night but there gone. A few on stub hub and vivid but amazing how few plus Ive never seen so many singles only in my life.
The Jets are very serious about cracking down on scalpers. Several STHers have already lost their tickets. Most STH are too scared to sell via stubhub or ebay. There are occasionally some on a Canadian site called kijijiiji.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
To the OP. Players rarely request tickets on the road. When they do they typically have to request the tickets before they arrive. The Jets occasionally make some VIP section tickets that were held back on game day.

The Jets are very serious about cracking down on scalpers. Several STHers have already lost their tickets. Most STH are too scared to sell via stubhub or ebay. There are occasionally some on a Canadian site called kijijiiji.
Kijiji.

www.kijiji.ca www.kijiji.com

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:22 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins repeat time View Post
Great hockey town, always was, the economic climate when they moved was different, fan support however, was never the issue. My pal lives there, works for a firm with a box (can`t recall the company) and he says even then, because they rotate opportunities for the staff to sit there, he`s only going to get to see the Jets probably 4 games all year, who cares, he`s a Hab fan anyways

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:24 PM
wpg bruins fan

Try ticketmaster. I just got 2 pairs.

wpg bruins fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:23 PM
BRUINSwpg
Rookie User

Really! Ticketmaster... I will give it a try.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:31 PM
AprilMayandJune

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/110...4&minorcatid=9

AprilMayandJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:48 PM
BRUINSwpg
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilMayandJune View Post
tried nothing left they were snapped up in minutes.... As someone who saw every Bruins Jets game from 1979 to 1996 this is quite frustrating back then you could walk up to the ticket office minutes before the game and get any seat... multiple seats in the house with no issue... wow how things have changed! You know never cared for the Jets I have them right up there with the Habs and Leafs for most hated... sure I'm frustrated but my dislike for the Jets dates back to 1979 when the Jets defeated my Bruins the first time the Bruins visited.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:50 PM
BRUINSwpg
Rookie User

I guess I will wait till next year and make the 8 hour drive to Minneapolis-St.Paul and catch them v. the Wild.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:13 PM
wpg bruins fan

2 seats in section 223 on ticketmaster right now if anybody is interested.

wpg bruins fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:47 PM
buyinnow

Bruins practice at the Ice Plex saturday at 12:30.

buyinnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:49 AM
stolimanmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUINSwpg View Post
I guess I will wait till next year and make the 8 hour drive to Minneapolis-St.Paul and catch them v. the Wild.
Bruins are here next month as well - I think it is a weeknight which may make more tix available (people selling them).

I went to one of the games last year and we lost as usual here. I always went when the Bruins were in town during Jets ver.1, and the result was usually the same for some reason. I think it was Poulin one time that broke his leg or something like that. I also remember way back (early 80s) when both penalty boxes were standing room only. Poor Ray Bourque usually spent his bday here too, as a game was usually played between late December.

I have passed on ticket purchases this time for various reasons, but know I will regret it gametime. I live a 5 min walk from the barn to boot!

stolimanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:04 AM
Regina

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpg bruins fan View Post
2 seats in section 223 on ticketmaster right now if anybody is interested.

Heellll ya , I'm going to ticketmaster !! and then hopefull Winterpeg

Regina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Regina

Nada at TMaster

Regina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:22 AM
howaryuh

I have heard Ticketmaster will release tickets sporadically leading up to events. I lucked out last year in getting a game 7 ticket (don't ask which one, there was only one for the B's last year).
I have also benefitted from going to the ticket booth at game time. I don't understand the logistics, but I have gotten tickets for a sold out BOS/NY ball game (Boggs second game at Fenway in the pin stripes, yeah, that long ago!) and a World Series game in Arlington couple years back.
Another suggestion is to keep checking Kijiji on game day. Most of us know that the best laid plans of men are thwarted by an all important event or date that we had high hopes of getting out of. Tickets at the ACC are hard to come by but have been able to get them in the afternoon of a B's game at face value.
Good luck!

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Isn't this why we have a ticket thread that's stickied?

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Bruinsforlife89

No looch for sunday. Flew to boston for personal reasons. Via flutos twitter.

Peverley in his spot, paille in peverleys spot, pandolfo in pailles.

Bruinsforlife89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:20 PM
jrross4

How come?

Anyone know why... Hope there's nothing wrong with the baby...

jrross4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:44 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

vCash: 50
Jets fan here, constantly check ticketmaster. If that doesn't work out just go to the game, they usually release some(a few dozen) on game day at the ticket booth. Hard to get pairs though.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:30 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Isn't this why we have a ticket thread that's stickied?
I don't think there is any harm done by this having its own thread not sure why you needed to post this... (and the stickied one is pretty specific to Boston.) Hope it helps some of our fans out, looks like a couple people have found tickets because of it.

There is no resale market in Winnipeg b/c the Jets are busting resellers our fans out there are in a tough spot I feel for them, hopefully a couple pull up seats because of this thread. Canadian Bruins fans are awesome and the ones I have come across would all pay 3-4 times cost to see their team when they come to town but that isn't an option for the Jets games so they're sort of screwed since tickets are going for 10x cost.

I golfed with a Jets ST holder a week or two ago from the Peg and he is too scared to sell his tickets and gives them away usually because he's afraid to lose them if the Jets catch him. That guy thinks the team has 2 more years where they can suck and demand will remain stupidly high for tickets.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:28 AM
cneely

Luckily I got 2 for this afternoon for the Mrs. and I.

Sucks that I won't get to see Lucic. Hope everything is okay.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote