HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Open Letter To Hockey Hall of Fame: Address The Injustice and Induct Rogie Vachon

Old
02-09-2013, 02:53 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Open Letter To Hockey Hall of Fame: Address The Injustice and Induct Rogie Vachon

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:25 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
It is still mind boggling to me how he doesn't get consideration. Especially, as you state in the article, he is ahead of several others in the HHOF, and at the time of his retirement, he was 5th overall in wins. 5th Overall. How is it possible for the 5th overall goaltender, 4th in shutouts, with a Vezina, and three Stanley Cup rings, to not be inducted into the HHOF? It can only be a result of incompetence by the committee responsible for the nomination.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:23 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
It is still mind boggling to me how he doesn't get consideration. Especially, as you state in the article, he is ahead of several others in the HHOF, and at the time of his retirement, he was 5th overall in wins. 5th Overall. How is it possible for the 5th overall goaltender, 4th in shutouts, with a Vezina, and three Stanley Cup rings, to not be inducted into the HHOF? It can only be a result of incompetence by the committee responsible for the nomination.
Actually, he retired in 1982. 1998 is when I wrote the original version of that story. The one linked in the open letter "story" is an updated version.

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I have wondered if some at the HOF have had it in for Jack Kent Cooke all these years - or even Rogie for some odd reason.

They can't be that dumb to not realize that he is more than worthy to be in the HOF.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote