HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

The Defining Moment of your Life

Old
02-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Ceremony
Transcendence

vCash: 499
My first post in the UT

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:27 PM
a a ron
Tyler the franchise

vCash: 500
When I figured out I could turn water into wine.

a a ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by amckay6 View Post
When I figured out I could turn water into wine.
Then why did it take you so long to get a NHL team back?

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Kevin Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
So far? It would have to be when I just came back from 'Nam. I was hitchin' through Oregon and some cop started harassing me. Next thing you know I had a whole army of cops chasing me through the woods. I had to take them all out, it was a bloodbath.
You don't think going back to 'Nam or Afghanistan are more defining?

Kevin Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Bruv
Loveless

vCash: 50
When I was drafted No. 1 overall

Bruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Novacane
My Hero

Serious answer:

My heat stroke in 2009 without a doubt. Much more loose than I ever was before then. Much different outlook on life.

Novacane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:17 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

The first time I lifted weight in the gym.

The Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

When I pooped myself while pitching a fastball in a tight baseball situation, with 3 balls 2 strikes, and then went on to hit a double with a turd in my pants moments later. I slid to second. True story.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:28 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

When I died.

Internet in Hell is amazingly fast

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

When I heard the words "not guilty."

Tyskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Daynz
What!?!

The day my misdiagnosis was corrected and I was put on the proper medication. My quality of life has vastly improved since that day.

Daynz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:38 PM
contour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Wouldn't say I've had any moments like that yet.

Currently doing a course at college though (Accounting Level 3 - Level 4 is the next step up). I'm hoping to get a job soon to start me on that career and hope to move out in three years or less. I'll be 23 then which I feel will be the right time.

Still waiting for even someone to go out with let alone the "one". Never had a girlfriend so humph. Obviously because of that I've done anything romantic with a female either so that'd be nice to get with someone and become attached in the next year or so.
Were with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
Serious answer:

My heat stroke in 2009 without a doubt. Much more loose than I ever was before then. Much different outlook on life.
Loose? I would expect someone to be more tightened up, you know, like being extra cautious from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
When I pooped myself while pitching a fastball in a tight baseball situation, with 3 balls 2 strikes, and then went on to hit a double with a turd in my pants moments later. I slid to second. True story.
That sounds hilarious. There's too much innuendo for me to quote in that post.

contour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Novacane
My Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by contour View Post
Loose? I would expect someone to be more tightened up, you know, like being extra cautious from now on.
Nope. When I realized how quickly things can change, I found that it's important to not over-think things. Not necessarily be crazy, but not constantly wonder what others are thinking about what I say/do/etc. But I was terrible with over-analyzing things to begin with so that may not be saying anything.

Now if you're talking about my health, yes. Very much so in fact. Now that I now what it feels like to be on the cusp of death, I know my limits. I know when I'm in danger. I also discovered that a few years earlier when I was playing roller hockey outside (was humid and probably 90ish degrees F), I probably was about to go down then too. Exact same feeling ,or lack there of, then. Same lightheaded numbness as my real heat stroke.

I consider myself a very lucky person and try to take advantage of that luck.

Novacane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:52 AM
Vip
fun must be always

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldiermedic View Post
For me it was when a really good friend of mine visited back home after a year of being in the navy and I realized that i was still doing the same stupid **** in my life when he left. Soon after that is when I decided that I was going to join the army and start doing something with my life. And that brings me to today in Korea going on 23 hours but working a wonderful job.
I appreciate your service.

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:35 AM
Schalkenullvier*

I hope that is yet to come So far probably moving out and living on my own for the first time, although that's barely half a year ago. I do have somewhat more responsibilities and whatnot, but I can still get away with being a lazy **** (especially since universities are so school-like nowadays, you barely notice the difference), just because the only person I am responsible for is me and really I still don't look ahead much which I probably should be doing by now.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:05 AM
SugarSherm
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
I appreciate your service.
Thanks

SugarSherm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
This may be a long one, but it means everything to me...

February 15th, 2011... I was single and bored, and for some reason I decided to sign on to MSN. I wasn't expecting anyone to be on because, well, it was MSN.. but much to my delight there was 1 person online..

I had no idea who this person was, or how they were in my contact list, but I figured I would take the chance and talk to them. Little did I know that this girl was quite literally everything I had been searching for in a soul-mate, and I know it may sound crazy but I just had that feeling inside (no, it wasn't gas). We instantly hit it off and within the next few weeks had become the best of friends...

On March 19th, 2011, I knew what I had to do.. I asked her to be my girlfriend, to which she so happily said "YES!". Months and months went by, we fell further and further for each other. I knew there was nobody else in this world I wanted to spend my life with, so on New Years Eve, just as the clock struck midnight, I got down on one knee and asked her to be my wife. I told her just how much she's changed my life within the 9.5 months, and how I wanted to start the new year the best way possible, with her as my fiancť. With tears flowing from those chocolate-brown eyes that make my heart melt whenever I catch a glimpse.. a smile so bright and beautiful that the fireworks in the background seemed like sparks from a camp-fire.. she said "Yes!".

Kurdt Kobain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:17 AM
contour

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
This may be a long one, but it means everything to me...

February 15th, 2011... I was single and bored, and for some reason I decided to sign on to MSN. I wasn't expecting anyone to be on because, well, it was MSN.. but much to my delight there was 1 person online..

I had no idea who this person was, or how they were in my contact list, but I figured I would take the chance and talk to them. Little did I know that this girl was quite literally everything I had been searching for in a soul-mate, and I know it may sound crazy but I just had that feeling inside (no, it wasn't gas). We instantly hit it off and within the next few weeks had become the best of friends...

On March 19th, 2011, I knew what I had to do.. I asked her to be my girlfriend, to which she so happily said "YES!". Months and months went by, we fell further and further for each other. I knew there was nobody else in this world I wanted to spend my life with, so on New Years Eve, just as the clock struck midnight, I got down on one knee and asked her to be my wife. I told her just how much she's changed my life within the 9.5 months, and how I wanted to start the new year the best way possible, with her as my fiancť. With tears flowing from those chocolate-brown eyes that make my heart melt whenever I catch a glimpse.. a smile so bright and beautiful that the fireworks in the background seemed like sparks from a camp-fire.. she said "Yes!".
D'awwwwwwwww

contour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by contour View Post
D'awwwwwwwww
I showed her the post... I scored some SERIOUS brownie points!!

I have another moment to share as well, although I won't go into such length and detail about this one.

Paul McCartney live at the Halifax Commons on July 11th, 2009..... Music has ALWAYS been one of the most important things in my life.. and seeing quite possibly the greatest songwriter to ever walk this planet, and one of The Beatles nonetheless, has always made me feel honoured. Just knowing I, alongside 50000 screaming fans, was in the presence of such a legend.. to this day it sends chills down my spine. Factoring in that 1 week later (the day before my birthday) I saw KISS perform in that same spot, it will always be one of the happiest weeks of my life.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
I showed her the post... I scored some SERIOUS brownie points!!

I have another moment to share as well, although I won't go into such length and detail about this one.

Paul McCartney live at the Halifax Commons on July 11th, 2009..... Music has ALWAYS been one of the most important things in my life.. and seeing quite possibly the greatest songwriter to ever walk this planet, and one of The Beatles nonetheless, has always made me feel honoured. Just knowing I, alongside 50000 screaming fans, was in the presence of such a legend.. to this day it sends chills down my spine. Factoring in that 1 week later (the day before my birthday) I saw KISS perform in that same spot, it will always be one of the happiest weeks of my life.
So when did you two get married, or hasn't happened yet?

Old
02-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
So when did you two get married, or hasn't happened yet?
Hasn't happened yet. We're both still relatively young so WE decided it was better to not rush it.

We've agreed upon a 5-year engagement.. We figured it was better to put it off, that way we're financially stable with "proper" careers. She's studying to be a nurse, myself a bartender. Our friends like to joke about it because my job could be the reason the person she's saving is there!

Until then, we see no problem with just staying engaged. We're together and that's what matters most!!

Old
02-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Hasn't happened yet. We're both still relatively young so WE decided it was better to not rush it.

We've agreed upon a 5-year engagement.. We figured it was better to put it off, that way we're financially stable with "proper" careers. She's studying to be a nurse, myself a bartender. Our friends like to joke about it because my job could be the reason the person she's saving is there!

Until then, we see no problem with just staying engaged. We're together and that's what matters most!!
Have I got a movie for you.....

Ok, seriously, I think age is the most legitimate reason for a longer engagement. Best of luck to you.

Like I had said earlier in my answer to this. The day I meant my wife still sits as a bigger day than our wedding. The wedding just felt like a natural progression of events.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:28 PM
a a ron
Tyler the franchise

when i heard the words "you are NOT the father"

a a ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Evil Speaker
Registered