HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Nyi-edm

Old
02-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Werd

vCash: 500
Nyi-edm

NYI - D - Mark Streit

For

EDM - D - Ryan Whitney
And/Or
EDM - F - Lennart Petrell + 4th Round Draft Pick

With Ryan Jones coming back, Petrell will most likely be the odd man out. NYI gets a good PK man. Also Ryan Whitney needs new scenery and its close to home for him and is 6 years younger than Streit. Edmonton gets the best player in the trade but is close to retirement, however his left handed shot is something the Oilers need for their 2nd PP to feed Nail Yakupov and would get Corey Potter out of the rotation. I think Streit would look great paired up with Mark Fistric

Werd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:29 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werd View Post
NYI - D - Mark Streit

For

EDM - D - Ryan Whitney
And/Or
EDM - F - Lennart Petrell + 4th Round Draft Pick

With Ryan Jones coming back, Petrell will most likely be the odd man out. NYI gets a good PK man. Also Ryan Whitney needs new scenery and its close to home for him and is 6 years younger than Streit. Edmonton gets the best player in the trade but is close to retirement, however his left handed shot is something the Oilers need for their 2nd PP to feed Nail Yakupov and would get Corey Potter out of the rotation. I think Streit would look great paired up with Mark Fistric
I'd say Whitney needs for the doctors, to find a way to heal his chronic foot/ankle injury. He's struggled this season and been relegated to the 3rd pairing, while making $5m. The isles trade the healthier, more productive and less expensive d-man.

Isles have very good pk unit, so I'd rather see Streit traded closer to the trade deadline. See if Snow can't squeeze a late 1st out of someone, like he did in the Campoli trade.

Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug
Whitney very frustrated and not feeling great about his future in Edmonton. Says he wont ask for a trade, but thinks its a possibility.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:38 PM
belair

vCash: 68
I highly doubt Petrell is the odd man out when Jones returns. The guy has been a lights out bottom six option for Edmonton.

As for the deal, I agree that Snow will wait closer to the deadline to see if he can squeeze out a first.

But from and Oilers perspective, I'd add a 2nd to Whitney to get Streit.

belair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:39 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
I highly doubt Petrell is the odd man out when Jones returns. The guy has been a lights out bottom six option for Edmonton.

As for the deal, I agree that Snow will wait closer to the deadline to see if he can squeeze out a first.

But from and Oilers perspective, I'd add a 2nd to Whitney to get Streit.
Please explain why the isles want Whitney with his chronic ankle/foot injury, dragging down his play?

Old
02-12-2013, 03:01 PM
SI90

Striet is absolutley on the block(for HFBoards Atleast) But im not interested in whitney...

SI90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:05 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Please explain why the isles want Whitney with his chronic ankle/foot injury, dragging down his play?
Please explain to me why the Oilers would want Mark Streit, his play has almost been as bad as Whitney's.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:06 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 4434
Pettrell is the best pk killer the oilers have

jumptheshark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:09 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Please explain to me why the Oilers would want Mark Streit, his play has almost been as bad as Whitney's.
The Edmonton Journal reported last summer, that the Oilers asked the Isles if Streit were available and the Isles said no. I've know idea if Edmonton is still interested.

I do feel pretty sure, that if Snow moves Streit, it won't be for a struggling veteran with a chronic foot/ankle injury, making even more salary then Streit.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:15 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Pettrell is the best pk killer the oilers have
Isles and Oilers both have, good pk units.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/stats/by...ype=0&sort=448