HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL (Part XLII)

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 09:54 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

vCash: 500

If this was Crosby, Giroux, or Clarkson I'd laugh all the way to the bank. But as a Long Island guy, I kind of feel for Isles fans right now.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Cmox

Isles are just running the course til Brooklyn, I bet they think its going makes things great.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

The puck just hit a linesman on a Colorado clearing attempt and led to an overtime winner for the Coyotes.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
The puck just hit a linesman on a Colorado clearing attempt and led to an overtime winner for the Coyotes.
Someone needs to get me a video of that.

02-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Kershaw

I know I keep saying this every season, but refs get worse and worse as the years pass by.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
There is a thread about it on the main boards

Old
02-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post

Old
02-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
First off, I love you for not making me venture to the main boards.

Second, damn....

Old
02-11-2013, 11:04 PM
skymachine

Assist to the linesman, if I'm an Avs fan I'm livid. The coyotes reaction is pretty funny however.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:27 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
The Islanders are veering dangerously close into Florida Panthers territory, where they're just in a non-stop rebuild.

It's one thing to draft high, it's another thing to draft high and develop those players.
Islanders will get better once Strome and especially Reinhardt (who are both NHL prospects) are playing for them next season. I'm not saying playoff better, but better. I think Reinhart is their most important prospect.

Also, a lot depends on if they have one of these many goalies and many Dmen pan out that they've drafted. Poulin was supposed to be the #1 and still can but he's not having a great year.

The interesting thing is to see if they gain Reinhardt and Strome but lose both Moulson and Streit it might very well be a wash. Streit is UFA and Moluson has one more year left.

Regardless, the Rangers just have to stick with their program they've been building and if kids like Fasth, Nieves, and Lindberg can be added to this core along with Skjei, and maybe even Noreau and Anderson, they should be fine for quite some time regardless of what the Islanders, Pittsburgh, Philly, Devils, and even the Capitals and Canes do (with this new potential realignment which needs to have the playoff format modified).

Old
02-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Fish View Post
Isles have 4ppg and are still losing
at least they can score 4 PPG in the same game.. it would take NYR all month to do that Islanders have a better PP than Rangers shouldnt happen

Old
02-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
at least they can score 4 PPG in the same game.. it would take NYR all month to do that Islanders have a better PP than Rangers shouldnt happen
true, but idk whats the worse feeling, scoring 4ppg and losing or having a ton of pps and not scoring at all

Old
02-12-2013, 02:55 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

The Leafs aren't playing badly?!

Old
02-12-2013, 07:02 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
The Leafs aren't playing badly?!
too bad JVR wasnt drafted by a west coast team. id love him on the Rangers...good player who still didnt break out yet, maybe this year he will... he has alot of talent.

Old
02-12-2013, 08:17 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Nice to see Dubinsky doing well:

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...-material.html

Old
02-12-2013, 08:31 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Islanders will get better once Strome and especially Reinhardt (who are both NHL prospects) are playing for them next season. I'm not saying playoff better, but better. I think Reinhart is their most important prospect.

Also, a lot depends on if they have one of these many goalies and many Dmen pan out that they've drafted. Poulin was supposed to be the #1 and still can but he's not having a great year.

The interesting thing is to see if they gain Reinhardt and Strome but lose both Moulson and Streit it might very well be a wash. Streit is UFA and Moluson has one more year left.

Regardless, the Rangers just have to stick with their program they've been building and if kids like Fasth, Nieves, and Lindberg can be added to this core along with Skjei, and maybe even Noreau and Anderson, they should be fine for quite some time regardless of what the Islanders, Pittsburgh, Philly, Devils, and even the Capitals and Canes do (with this new potential realignment which needs to have the playoff format modified).
People have been repeating the bolded for years now. They'll be better once Okposo, Bailey, Comeau, de Haan come around. Just wait until DiPietro is healthy. Etc, etc, etc. They're just a terribly run franchise.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:06 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

DP's contract ends the year AFTER Richards contract ends. Those poor fans.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:17 AM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
People have been repeating the bolded for years now. They'll be better once Okposo, Bailey, Comeau, de Haan come around. Just wait until DiPietro is healthy. Etc, etc, etc. They're just a terribly run franchise.
Agreed. I don't care who they have in the system at this point. In my mind, they'll probably all end up being destroyed. The islanders are where prospects go to die. I truly thought Bailey and Okposo could have been something special.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeHat View Post
Assist to the linesman, if I'm an Avs fan I'm livid. The coyotes reaction is pretty funny however.
I could understand if the ref was moving and moved right into that pass. But he was just standing there, long enough so that Dman had plenty of time to see him there. I blame that Dman, but really its just hockey.

That's part of hockey, thems the breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The Isles have been bad for so long I wish they were good again, been saying it for years. I want a real good rivalry with the Icelanders, the games are always the best when both teams have something on the line. Plus it helps our team to play against better competition.

I hope Reinhart works out for them, so far I'm still not convinced they took the better Dman in the 2012 draft, lots of names taken after him looking very good while GR has just been ok.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
The Isles have been bad for so long I wish they were good again, been saying it for years. I want a real good rivalry with the Icelanders, the games are always the best when both teams have something on the line. Plus it helps our team to play against better competition.

I hope Reinhart works out for them, so far I'm still not convinced they took the better Dman in the 2012 draft, lots of names taken after him looking very good while GR has just been ok.
Agreed. I loved to hate them growing up on the island, but lately it's been more about pity than hatred.

I think they tried to go safe with the Reinhart pick. Close to being NHL ready physically, just needs time to mature. Less things to screw up -- which is a good thing considering how badly they've handled a lot of their prospects thus far. Definitely passed on quite a few kids with more upside though.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

In my existence, I've lived through exactly 4 Islander playoff appearances. Not a single series win.

Yikes.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400

What great work by Dubinsky along the boards.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:38 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post

Nah I hope they are down for a long long time.

They always play us tough regardless of the standings.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:43 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
"We've got too many guys out there looking at the stat sheet wondering how many goals and assists, cookies they've got rather than taking a hit to make a play and getting run over so we can get a puck out so that your teammates can have a three-on-two," Backes said. "Or so you can block a shot or kill a penalty when you really need it so we can stay in a game. We just don't have that desperation, that accountability, that responsibility to each other."

When asked if something can be said as a leader, Backes quickly offered: "The talking's done. We've said everything that needs to be said, gone over game plans and talked about strategy and ideology.

"It's time to put the boots on and go do it or else pack your bags and go home because it's slowly slipping, but there's time left where we can right the ship and play our hockey. When we play our hockey, we love our chances against anyone."

I didn't see anyone say anything about Backes' comments but

Changes coming in St Louis?

Old
02-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Nah I hope they are down for a long long time.

They always play us tough regardless of the standings.
They have been down for a long long time.

I was thinking its the Flyers turn to get some basement time

Closed Thread