HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/13 Draft Thread: Browsing Craig's List 20-24.

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 12:44 AM
Platinum Seat Leafs

vCash: 500
So can people who are deep into this draft tell me is Seth Jones is still rated #1 and Nathan Mckinnon #2?

Old
02-18-2013, 12:47 AM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
We know he played wing on Team USA,

We know he played wing in Sarnia this year:

ttp://www.habseyesontheprize.com/videos/2012/12/19/3786508/alex-galchenyuk-5-point-game-sarnia-sting-ohl-habs-montreal-canadiens-hat-trick

And I know the games I watched Gally was playing left wing for the Habs, so he is hardly a #1C at the moment given the time he has spent on the wing since being drafted as a possible #1C.
Well that's the first thing I could find on him being a winger. Everywhere else has him listed as a center. We all know who plays where on our team, as we watch. So I looked up the habs boards for a roster from their last game. They have him listed as a center.

Maybe he goes between the two spots like McClement.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:50 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALDAL View Post
So can people who are deep into this draft tell me is Seth Jones is still rated #1 and Nathan Mckinnon #2?
yes he is and I still believe Nate will go first.

02-18-2013, 12:53 AM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

Quote:
He is now.

Found this doozy today, I've been using this site for years, but haven't bothered to check this particular page ever!

http://mynhldraft.com/2013-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings

Awesome site for quick info.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:59 AM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

Had a post deleted earlier for an unsightly quote, but my main point I was trying to make was in the 10 + range I like some of the bigger forwards, especially Gautier. I never get a chance to see him, but what I've read seems very intriguing. Sounds like a grittier Colborne. I'd love to see more BIG guys for our top 6. I miss the days of Roberts bullying the Sens. JVR shows even with a non-abrasive, yet power game, it is quite useful.

Also interested in Hagg. Can't have enough big PMDs. Seems to be an every situation man. If Nurse or Pulock falls, would be good too.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:07 AM
The Winter Soldier

Quote:
Jones is solid at 1. Not surprised at all.

The question is who will be #2? Mackinnon dropped to #3 on ISS,

Nichushkin is #2, and we all know Drouin is pushing hard too.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:24 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
yes he is and I still believe Nate will go first.
Really?

(HEy! btw. where you been? )

After watching Jones in the WCJ's I think he has to go first.

Ofcourse DRuoin looked way better than MacKinnon too but that was mainly due to circumstance.

But Jones just looks like he has Top pairing D-man all over him.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:28 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

vCash: 400
Quote:

First time I am really hearing about Nichushkin. Is this going to be like the Spezza draft, where a russian phenom comes out of nowhere to challenge for #1 overall?

Is he still OK after the meteor? Doesn't he play for the city close to where it blew up?

Old
02-18-2013, 01:51 AM
LaPlante94

Quote:

Dammit and I was really hoping Nichuskin would drop to us since I have a feeling we'll be drafting anywhere between 10th-20th

Old
02-18-2013, 07:21 AM
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPlante94 View Post
Dammit and I was really hoping Nichuskin would drop to us since I have a feeling we'll be drafting anywhere between 10th-20th

Are you a fan of the Russian style of play?

Personally, I would rather stay clear of Russian players. I've got a big bias towards these players and get the feeling that they often don't show up on a consistent basis.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Sundinisagod
Mattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
Are you a fan of the Russian style of play?

Personally, I would rather stay clear of Russian players. I've got a big bias towards these players and get the feeling that they often don't show up on a consistent basis.

While I am a big fan of the Russian style of play, Nichushkin does not play a typical Russian game...he's a Rick Nash type with a little more moxy imho. I'd definately scoop him up in the 10-20 range if given the chance.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:59 AM
Sundinisagod
Mattrick

Quote:
The general feeling is that Jones is the consensus number 1, and after that there is no consensus number 2...I could see any of Mackinnon, Barkov, or Drouin go that high...ISS has Nichushkin ranked 2nd but they probably do not factor in his KHL contract so I doubt he goes that high.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:55 AM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
The general feeling is that Jones is the consensus number 1, and after that there is no consensus number 2...I could see any of Mackinnon, Barkov, or Drouin go that high...ISS has Nichushkin ranked 2nd but they probably do not factor in his KHL contract so I doubt he goes that high.
Yeah, I feel like Nichushkin will get hit with the Russian bat and drop a decent amount. Teams drafting that high just have a desperate need to get guys they feel will definitely play for them in the future.

While Jones remain that consensus number 1, I do still think MacKinnon is probably going first. Think teams will still go with that top line center at the end of the day.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Sundinisagod
Mattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, I feel like Nichushkin will get hit with the Russian bat and drop a decent amount. Teams drafting that high just have a desperate need to get guys they feel will definitely play for them in the future.

While Jones remain that consensus number 1, I do still think MacKinnon is probably going first. Think teams will still go with that top line center at the end of the day.

I respectfully disagree...Jones has the potential to be the best defenseman in the NHL, or at least Norris nominee caliber...I don't think Mackinnon can be a top 5 center in the league, maybe top 10 but not top 5. Right now I wouldn't be shocked to see Drouin or Barkov go 2nd after Jones, not favoured to but wouldn't be shocking.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

The NHL Draft Lottery will not be changing this year.

According to TSN Hockey analyst Bob McKenzie, the league discussed making odds for the 14 non-playoff teams more balanced, but it won't happen this year.

The only difference in this year's draft lottery will remain that the team that wins the lottery will be awarded the first overall pick. In previous years, winning the lottery only allowed a team to move up a maximum of four places in the draft order.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416279

Old
02-18-2013, 01:41 PM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
The NHL Draft Lottery will not be changing this year.

According to TSN Hockey analyst Bob McKenzie, the league discussed making odds for the 14 non-playoff teams more balanced, but it won't happen this year.

The only difference in this year's draft lottery will remain that the team that wins the lottery will be awarded the first overall pick. In previous years, winning the lottery only allowed a team to move up a maximum of four places in the draft order.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416279
TBH, that's all I thought they were changing. Is there more changes coming?

Old
02-18-2013, 02:04 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
Is not one of the Leafs issues we have quanity of prospects but lack true blue chip elite players outside of Rielly...

Getting a Barkov might be worth putting a big package together

our first + another first + Percy/Finn or even more might be worth it
This is a good reason to stay away from O'Reilly.

Use the assets some people are willing to give up for O'Reilly to land one of the highly rated forwards this draft.

Just do nothing other than pick up some picks at the deadline by moving redundant players (Liles, MacArthur, Steckel).

Use Gunnarsson+top prospect+1st. rounder to move up in the draft.

The New York Rangers are the most valuable NHL franchise at $1.2 billion, taking the top spot on the Forbes list for the first time since 2004.

The magazine said Tuesday that Montreal is second at $1.18 billion, followed by Toronto at $1.15 billion.
Old
02-18-2013, 02:09 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Really?

(HEy! btw. where you been? )

After watching Jones in the WCJ's I think he has to go first.

Ofcourse DRuoin looked way better than MacKinnon too but that was mainly due to circumstance.

But Jones just looks like he has Top pairing D-man all over him.
Jones of course a late season birth missed last year's draft by about 3 weeks.
Seth Jones
Defense
Born Oct 3 1994 -- Plano, TX

Valeri Nichushkin
Forward
Born Mar 4 1995

Jonathan Drouin
Left Wing
Born Mar 27 1995

Nathan MacKinnon
Right Wing
Born Sep 1 1995

Old
02-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
IMHO i think it was because Jones had a great WJC and Mac didn't...

Both are having great years in JR but Mac has regressed a bit from the year before...

I think Mac will still go #1 though

Old
02-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

With Jarmo taking over for the Jackets it really puts an interesting twist on this draft!!!

I think it's safe to say he wants Barkov BAD! They have 3 first rounders!

If they finish last would they consider trading back to #3 and get Barkov +?

Would they still draft #1 and try and trade their other 2 1st rounders + 2nd(31st) to move to #3?

a lot of interesting options!!!!

Old
02-18-2013, 02:50 PM
johnny_rudeboy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
With Jarmo taking over for the Jackets it really puts an interesting twist on this draft!!!

Would they still draft #1 and try and trade their other 2 1st rounders + 2nd(31st) to move to #3?

The way the Kings are playing right now they might not have to trade up at all. If the season ended today they would have the 2nd, 3rd and the 14th overall. They could be in for a speedy rebuild. I do think LA will get going soon enough and Rangers will most likely be a playoff team as well.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:51 PM
BertCorbeau
Global Moderator

Quote:

Actually Columbus has a legitimate shot at getting the Mackinnon-Drouin combo like Burke did with the Sedins, and not have to give up that much since they have 3 good first rounders

.. That's scary

Old
02-18-2013, 02:54 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NHL_Entry_Draft

Quote:
The Los Angeles Kings' first-round pick will go to the Columbus Blue Jackets as a result of a trade on February 23, 2012 that sent Jeff Carter to Los Angeles in exchange for Jack Johnson and this pick[7] (being conditional at the time of the trade).[8] One condition converted on April 5, 2012, when Los Angeles qualified for the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs, giving Columbus the right to choose between Los Angeles' first-round picks in either 2012 or 2013.[9] The other condition converted on June 22, 2012, when Columbus chose not to take Los Angeles' first round pick in 2012, giving them this pick.[10]

The New York Rangers' first-round pick will go to the Columbus Blue Jackets as the result of a trade on July 23, 2012 that sent Rick Nash, Steven Delisle and a conditional third-round pick in 2013 to New York in exchange for Artem Anisimov, Brandon Dubinsky, Tim Erixon and this pick.[11]
They could be selecting 1st. overall from their pick.

I expect the Kings and Rangers to be picking in the 20's.

I don't think 20th. and 21st. gets you in the top 5.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
The way the Kings are playing right now they might not have to trade up at all. If the season ended today they would have the 2nd, 3rd and the 14th overall. They could be in for a speedy rebuild. I do think LA will get going soon enough and Rangers will most likely be a playoff team as well.
I highly doubt LA will be a top 5 pick... Yes, they are playing poorly right now but IMO they could miss the playoffs but their pick will be around 14-7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Actually Columbus has a legitimate shot at getting the Mackinnon-Drouin combo like Burke did with the Sedins, and not have to give up that much since they have 3 good first rounders

.. That's scary
Many Halifax fans feel that Drouin is the reason Mac's game has regressed actually.

Considering Jarmo LOVES Barkov i think he would take Mac + Barkov if that was an option for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NHL_Entry_Draft

They could be selecting 1st. overall from their pick.

I expect the Kings and Rangers to be picking in the 20's.

I don't think 20th. and 21st. gets you in the top 5.
I dont think 20+21 would either... What i'm saying is it would be more like 10th(LA) + 20th(NYR) + 31st(CLB 2nd) for 3rd overall

Old
02-18-2013, 03:07 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

It would sure be wild to see Sasha go #1, with Murray already in the fold in Columbus. I think they'll take MacKinnon #1, personally, but you never know.

Closed Thread