HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/13 Draft Thread: Browsing Craig's List 20-24.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2013, 06:12 PM
  #601
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
What do you guys think about Ryan Hartman and Nicolas Petan?
I really like Petan's offensive abilities. He's a good scoring talent, who can really move.

Hartman is a guy I like, but I feel like he's a less good version of Adam Henrique. I've seen quite a bit of him as Windsor/Plymouth play quite often.

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:00 PM
  #602
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
What do you guys think about Ryan Hartman and Nicolas Petan?
Hartman is a guy we may look at if we are drafting in the 20 range, people should not underestimate this kid. He's a character player with a lot of intangibles, the type of player that excels in the playoffs. He plays wing as well as Center. He really impressed me at the Worlds. He brings a spark to any team he is a part of. Exactly the type of player we have been drafting, go through a wall to help a team.

Interactif is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:29 PM
  #603
KlattNazty
Registered User
 
KlattNazty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
If we are drafting at or near 20, depending on who is there, I really think people need to start paying attention to Jason Dickinson. Really slow second half, but he still has some simply tremendous tools.

When he is on top of his game, his skating skills, physicality, shot (release especially), and offensive creativity makes him really quite impressive. Has a strong pro projectability. I am not going to bother getting into the entirety of my opinion but seriously, he is so talented.

I will have a draft profile up on him soon at the prospect report, but go do some research guys. Similar to how that one poster pimped Rielly at 5 all day last year, I feel like anywhere around 20 this is a fantastic pick.

I see alot of corey perry in dickinson.

KlattNazty is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:38 PM
  #604
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,848
vCash: 500
Really been on the Hagg bandwagon lately. What do you gents think of him in the 18-24 range?

7even is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:45 PM
  #605
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Really been on the Hagg bandwagon lately. What do you gents think of him in the 18-24 range?
I like Hagg between 22-25.
I think that's amazing value for a guy with his size and skill-set.

In the 18-22 range, however, I feel like we may see Mantha or Gauthier available, and those would be no-brainer picks.

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:51 PM
  #606
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
If we are drafting at or near 20, depending on who is there, I really think people need to start paying attention to Jason Dickinson. Really slow second half, but he still has some simply tremendous tools.

When he is on top of his game, his skating skills, physicality, shot (release especially), and offensive creativity makes him really quite impressive. Has a strong pro projectability. I am not going to bother getting into the entirety of my opinion but seriously, he is so talented.

I will have a draft profile up on him soon at the prospect report, but go do some research guys. Similar to how that one poster pimped Rielly at 5 all day last year, I feel like anywhere around 20 this is a fantastic pick.

I see alot of corey perry in dickinson.
I've seen him in person twice this year, once early on, and another in February. He scored in both games, but in all honesty, I really didn't think he was all that impressive, outside of the goals he scored. He looked like a guy that is a back of the 1st kind of player. He's a guy that I think plays out his OHL elligibility, and takes a couple years in the AHL in order to round out his game. Not a bad projection pick, though.

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:56 PM
  #607
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
If we are drafting at or near 20, depending on who is there, I really think people need to start paying attention to Jason Dickinson. Really slow second half, but he still has some simply tremendous tools.

When he is on top of his game, his skating skills, physicality, shot (release especially), and offensive creativity makes him really quite impressive. Has a strong pro projectability. I am not going to bother getting into the entirety of my opinion but seriously, he is so talented.

I will have a draft profile up on him soon at the prospect report, but go do some research guys. Similar to how that one poster pimped Rielly at 5 all day last year, I feel like anywhere around 20 this is a fantastic pick.

I see alot of corey perry in dickinson.
I like Dickinson, he was one of the players I mentioned earlier in this year. He does a lot of things well, heady player, good size, speed, and skill. My pal isn't as sure on him as we seem to be. But he didn't say he did not like him. I wouldn't be unhappy if we got him. His favourite player I believe is Corey Perry. Dickinson or Hartman would be nice add to our prospects group.

Interactif is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:36 PM
  #608
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke
 
Bernier the Boats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I like Dickinson, he was one of the players I mentioned earlier in this year. He does a lot of things well, heady player, good size, speed, and skill. My pal isn't as sure on him as we seem to be. But he didn't say he did not like him. I wouldn't be unhappy if we got him. His favourite player I believe is Corey Perry. Dickinson or Hartman would be nice add to our prospects group.
I think I would rather see us take a defenceman over Dickinson/Hartman if someone like Morrissey were to be available.

Bernier the Boats is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:54 PM
  #609
KlattNazty
Registered User
 
KlattNazty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
I've seen him in person twice this year, once early on, and another in February. He scored in both games, but in all honesty, I really didn't think he was all that impressive, outside of the goals he scored. He looked like a guy that is a back of the 1st kind of player. He's a guy that I think plays out his OHL elligibility, and takes a couple years in the AHL in order to round out his game. Not a bad projection pick, though.
Its his blend of attributes that impress me. His offensive skills are nice for a draft eligible forward, but its his skating and physicality that are truly impressive. The way he utilizes those attributes in the offensive zone, despite him being super weak make me really pleased with how he understands his own game.

So many forwards have size but have no idea how to use it. Dickinson knows he will have the size, and tries to use it despite not having it. Makes me think he will thrive in a PF role down the line.

KlattNazty is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:58 PM
  #610
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
I think I would rather see us take a defenceman over Dickinson/Hartman if someone like Morrissey were to be available.
I'm with you on this one. At that point, I think the BPA would be one of the defensemen.

7even is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:01 PM
  #611
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Really been on the Hagg bandwagon lately. What do you gents think of him in the 18-24 range?
Quote:
#7. Robert Hägg
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1325189&page=2



Big fan as well.

Rare Jewel is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:16 PM
  #612
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
7 eh? Highest I've seen him lately is 16. I admire your bravado

7even is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:25 AM
  #613
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
7 eh? Highest I've seen him lately is 16. I admire your bravado
Haha.

He's either going to make me look really dumb, Or really clever.

Oh well.

I have a updated list where I think he's fallen I think to #9. Mainly due to Drouin and Nickushkin making things more interesting at the top of the draft.

Rare Jewel is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 01:47 AM
  #614
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke
 
Bernier the Boats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
Haha.

He's either going to make me look really dumb, Or really clever.

Oh well.

I have a updated list where I think he's fallen I think to #9. Mainly due to Drouin and Nickushkin making things more interesting at the top of the draft.
I'd be very happy with Hagg, but 9 is too early IMO. After 7 things become a bit of a mess to be honest.

Bernier the Boats is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:26 AM
  #615
sniper81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
If we are drafting at or near 20, depending on who is there, I really think people need to start paying attention to Jason Dickinson. Really slow second half, but he still has some simply tremendous tools.

When he is on top of his game, his skating skills, physicality, shot (release especially), and offensive creativity makes him really quite impressive. Has a strong pro projectability. I am not going to bother getting into the entirety of my opinion but seriously, he is so talented.

I will have a draft profile up on him soon at the prospect report, but go do some research guys. Similar to how that one poster pimped Rielly at 5 all day last year, I feel like anywhere around 20 this is a fantastic pick.

I see alot of corey perry in dickinson.
I see the corey perry comparisons but im not sure dickinson can develop coreys offenive touch within 15 feet of the net. For me i don't know if i would take Horvat or Dickinson.

sniper81 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:31 AM
  #616
sniper81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
Its his blend of attributes that impress me. His offensive skills are nice for a draft eligible forward, but its his skating and physicality that are truly impressive. The way he utilizes those attributes in the offensive zone, despite him being super weak make me really pleased with how he understands his own game.

So many forwards have size but have no idea how to use it. Dickinson knows he will have the size, and tries to use it despite not having it. Makes me think he will thrive in a PF role down the line.
I should of just read on and quoted thi post instead. Thats the thing i like about Dickinson, he will target players on the ice and he uses his skating to try and break them down physically. He is actually pretty good east west, noticed that the second time i watched him this year.

sniper81 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:34 AM
  #617
sniper81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
I watch Kujawinski again yesterday, I was wondering where everyone who has watched him has him rated?

sniper81 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:38 AM
  #618
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper81 View Post
I watch Kujawinski again yesterday, I was wondering where everyone who has watched him has him rated?
Low to mid range first. Possible second depending on the team IMO.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:46 AM
  #619
sniper81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Low to mid range first. Possible second depending on the team IMO.
hes really intruiging because i figured his offence would take off after getting traded last year. Hes decent on draws, pretty good skater for his size, good playmaker and he has a good wrist shot. He basically has all the tools to be a big nhl centre im just trying to figure out why he hasnt put it all together yet.

sniper81 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:57 AM
  #620
sniper81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Cole cassells is a guy rated in the 3rd/4th round that i think would be a good second rounder. Hes basically played third line minutes behind jenner and laughton and looked great when they had both been gone (world js and nhl). Next year he will be first or second line centre so the chance to take off will be there. Hes a playmaking centre first, shot needs work but he really sees the play and the ice well. His dad is andrew cassells so that doesnt hurt him at all, He has proven to be a good third line centre so IMO hes a safe pick that can come with a high reward.

sniper81 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:58 AM
  #621
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper81 View Post
hes really intruiging because i figured his offence would take off after getting traded last year. Hes decent on draws, pretty good skater for his size, good playmaker and he has a good wrist shot. He basically has all the tools to be a big nhl centre im just trying to figure out why he hasnt put it all together yet.
Some take longer than the usual. There is comparison to Nathan horton which is good.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:02 AM
  #622
sniper81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Some take longer than the usual. There is comparison to Nathan horton which is good.
I was young but i watched horton when he was with the gens, really dont see the comparison becuase nathan was incredibly physical every shift and kuj seems to take some off. Kuj hits sometimes along the boards where nathan would go out and try and kill someone. kuj is a passer first and nathan was more of a goal scorer imo. Next year he will probably break out next year.

sniper81 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:18 AM
  #623
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,757
vCash: 500
draft BPA, who cares if its a dman

mikebel111 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:22 AM
  #624
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
I think I would rather see us take a defenceman over Dickinson/Hartman if someone like Morrissey were to be available.
I'm good on Hartman, Dickinson, or Bailey. It's going to be interesting how Morrison views this draft if we are 18-21. There may be a player we have much higher on our list that slips later in the round. Ryan Pulock seems to be sliding into our range, he was top 10 early this season before being hurt. He could be a steal.

Interactif is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:37 AM
  #625
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I'm good on Hartman, Dickinson, or Bailey. It's going to be interesting how Morrison views this draft if we are 18-21. There may be a player we have much higher on our list that slips later in the round. Ryan Pulock seems to be sliding into our range, he was top 10 early this season before being hurt. He could be a steal.
Pulock is so sexy. I doubt he falls to us, but if he did, oh boy. Favourite dman in this draft behind Jones.

7even is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.