Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jersey rebranding

Old
02-09-2013, 03:49 PM
HockeyAnn

vCash: 500
Jersey rebranding

Has anyone here ever gotten the name and number on their jersey changed?

Last season I got a Glass jersey and I thought for sure he was going to stick around. Either way, I'd like to get it rebranded but I'm not sure how that works or if it makes a mess of the jersey?

HockeyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:50 PM
sully1410
#VinegarStrokes

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyAnn View Post
Has anyone here ever gotten the name and number on their jersey changed?

Last season I got a Glass jersey and I thought for sure he was going to stick around. Either way, I'd like to get it rebranded but I'm not sure how that works or if it makes a mess of the jersey?
Really? Out of all the players you got Tanner Glass? Even if he did sick around...why? Just why?

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:52 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 50
Bogosian went from 4 to 44 this year. Redmond now wears 4.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:54 PM
dhfromkw

Postma now wears 4.

Ice jerseys has a tutorial on stripping jerseys for this purpose, I believe.

dhfromkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:13 PM
PensFan6687

I find it funny anyone would get a jersey of the GST line or be in love with it. It's a 4th line. I said to people last year it wouldn't last beyond the season, and sure enough it didn't. The culture of 4th line changes so much. Players get demoted, traded...waived. Sign else where in the off season. Dime a dozen. Having said that, I am only a game worn jersey guy. Rather own the jersey from the guy's back. I am looking to buy my first Jets jersey. I have a ton of gamers, but nothing from our team. So I have to see what 800 to 1,000 gets me. hehe I assume Evander Kane or Dustin Byfuglien are out of the question.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:29 PM
fatschoonerrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
I find it funny anyone would get a jersey of the GST line or be in love with it. It's a 4th line. I said to people last year it wouldn't last beyond the season, and sure enough it didn't. The culture of 4th line changes so much. Players get demoted, traded...waived. Sign else where in the off season. Dime a dozen. Having said that, I am only a game worn jersey guy. Rather own the jersey from the guy's back. I am looking to buy my first Jets jersey. I have a ton of gamers, but nothing from our team. So I have to see what 800 to 1,000 gets me. hehe I assume Evander Kane or Dustin Byfuglien are out of the question.
I guess some folks just feel like they have more in common with that salt-of-the-earth-type more than the star. Which is also probably why we don't all pony down thousands of dollars for "a ton of gamers". (Pat on the back to you. ) Also, Slater and Thor have been playing (mostly) the 4th line for this franchise since 2007, so...

fatschoonerrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:33 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatschoonerrat View Post
I guess some folks just feel like they have more in common with that salt-of-the-earth-type more than the star. Which is also probably why we don't all pony down thousands of dollars for "a ton of gamers". (Pat on the back to you. ) Also, Slater and Thor have been playing (mostly) the 4th line for this franchise since 2007, so...
Don't cry because I am a collector, and I love owning history. It isn't about being some badass. Just giving my version of what I do when it comes to player jerseys. No need for the snark comment. Having said that, I do get it. I have an Alexandre Bolduc jersey for that same reason, so thanks for assuming and being totally off key. My all-time favourite defenseman wasn't sexy or a big scorer, Vladimir Konstantinov. Add to that, I still want to get a Ken Wregget jersey. He played for three teams I loved. The Wings, Pens, and Moose. He was the guy I remembered in that 96' playoff run... 4 OT periods against Washington, the one were Petr Nedved scored the game winner. He robs a then relevant Joe Juneau on a penalty shot in OT. Awesome stuff! I particularly didn't care about Glass' departing comments about Winnipeg is all. hehe

Last edited by PensFan6687: 02-09-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old
02-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Aerial

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
I find it funny anyone would get a jersey of the GST line or be in love with it.
Most fans of most sports have a player or two they have a soft spot for, even if they aren't particularly good or likely to stick around. And if you get a year's worth of enjoyment out of that sweater, nothing wrong with that. I just don't want the OP to feel like they have to defend the jersey choice -- as far as I'm concerned, anyone who wants to get a jersey to support any Jets player is cool by me.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Drop the bickering.

This is a thread asking for advice on getting numbers changed on a jersey. Stick to that or go to the OT thread.

02-09-2013, 05:09 PM
RonJon
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 122
If it is a pro-stitch jersey purchased at the Jet store you can bring it in and they will change it for $50.00 I believe. If it is not stitched on ...... sorry you own a Glass jersey

RonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Obscure hockey jerseys are awesome...

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:20 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJon View Post
If it is a pro-stitch jersey purchased at the Jet store you can bring it in and they will change it for $50.00 I believe. If it is not stitched on ...... sorry you own a Glass jersey
I believe you can get an alternate name bar stitched over top.
So either have ur name as number 15 or wait for the next jet to use the number, assuming it isn't retired

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:20 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerial View Post
Most fans of most sports have a player or two they have a soft spot for, even if they aren't particularly good or likely to stick around. And if you get a year's worth of enjoyment out of that sweater, nothing wrong with that. I just don't want the OP to feel like they have to defend the jersey choice -- as far as I'm concerned, anyone who wants to get a jersey to support any Jets player is cool by me.
Thinking back on it, it was silly. Not all of my posts are going to be gems. Yeah, if you like a player, there shouldn't be an issue. Would be a dull world if we all liked the same players. I will say this, I prefer his choice of Glass to Kane. I just wanted to point out that the OP shouldn't have been surprised that the GST line didn't last beyond the year. That was all, but yes, probably could have worded it more nicely.

I love obscure jerseys. I should break out my Bolduc for the next Jets game!

Old
02-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhfromkw View Post
Postma now wears 4.

Ice jerseys has a tutorial on stripping jerseys for this purpose, I believe.
Yeah, I got my Bogo #4 last year and then he switches to 44. It is the pro stitch so maybe I'll take it in and have them take off the 4's and recenter the numbers on back and sleeves with 2 #4's..... as OP wondered, I hope doing so doesn't damage the sweater... but at least I don't have to change the name

Back in the Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:39 PM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
Really good question by the op. Part of the reason why I have not got a name on my jersey yet. I know a few people with Glass jerseys so you are not alone

bigplay41* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:25 PM
BigZ65

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
Really good question by the op. Part of the reason why I have not got a name on my jersey yet. I know a few people with Glass jerseys so you are not alone
Be careful, people will start to confuse you with Saskatchewan Roughrider fans.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 08:46 PM
HockeyAnn

Thanks for all the replies; the good, the bad and the ugly.

I've always loved the style of play of the fourth line. Grew up watching the Bruins so i tend to favor gritty enforcer types. I think Glass was one of the few players that always played with heart even when the rest of the team didn't show up.

It's probably easier and almost the same cost to just buy a new jersey next season. For now you will still see me and my Glass jersey at games!

I would love a game worn jersey but as a female unfortunately I'd be swimming in it if I attempted to wear one!

Old
02-09-2013, 09:10 PM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ65 View Post
Be careful, people will start to confuse you with Saskatchewan Roughrider fans.
Sorry not sure I understand your post. Is that a sports team? I only follow real football

Old
02-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Moe Mantha

I took Ladd #16 off of my jersey, and got my own name put on, and the number changed to 19. I figure I'll never get traded or retire.

$80 at the jets store - it's the same charge as if you were just getting lettering put on a blank jersey.

They warn you that you MAY see a very faint some outline of the old number, but mine is flawless.

I had a great experience getting mine changed at Jets Gear.

Moe Mantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:13 PM
HockeyAnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Mantha View Post
I took Ladd #16 off of my jersey, and got my own name put on, and the number changed to 19. I figure I'll never get traded or retire.

$80 at the jets store - it's the same charge as if you were just getting lettering put on a blank jersey.

They warn you that you MAY see a very faint some outline of the old number, but mine is flawless.

I had a great experience getting mine changed at Jets Gear.
Thanks! Good to know!

Old
02-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Gaald

I got my last name and the number I used to play under (never at a high level) on my Jersey. I figured with it being the first year I really didn't know if I wanted to get a player named Jersey. If we ever end up with a superstar like we had with Selanne back in the day, I may get another.

Gaald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:28 PM
spicy

Safe to say if it's not stitched it's on there permanently then?

I got good old #35 "Goalie Bob" Essensa on a replica jersey from a buddy for Christmas, and have been thinking of trying to switch it.

spicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:32 PM
s1g

I hope the guy with the Jets 2.0 home jersey with Selanne's name and number is reading this thread. You look ridiculous. Go ahead and pay the $80 to get yourself into a jersey that makes sense.

s1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Skidooboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1g View Post
I hope the guy with the Jets 2.0 home jersey with Selanne's name and number is reading this thread. You look ridiculous. Go ahead and pay the $80 to get yourself into a jersey that makes sense.
Explain to me how this is ridiculous? Selanne was a jet it's a jets jersey. Bridges past and present makes perfect sense.

More sense than the hawerchuk 'Yotes jersey hanging in the rafters in Glendale.

Skidooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:16 PM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1g View Post
i hope the guy with the jets 2.0 home jersey with selanne's name and number is reading this thread. You look ridiculous. Go ahead and pay the $80 to get yourself into a jersey that makes sense.
lol true speak homie!!!!