Notices

Hi From The UK!

Old
03-22-2013, 11:44 AM
willt23

vCash: 500
Hi From The UK!

Hi all,

Having followed Ice Hockey here in England for a couple of years with my beloved Nottingham Panthers (don't worry I'm guessing you've never heard of them before haha), after the lockout I came across NHL GameCentre and thought I'd give it a go.

Now I've never seen an NHL game in the flesh before, although I do remember when I was younger being on holiday in Florida when Tampa Bay won the Stanley Cup. I was toying with the idea of taking them on as my adopted team, but decided to go with Wild as I'm already going to watch the Vikings in the NFL at Wembley later this year - and I just thought I'd tell you guys how happy I am with my decision!

I've watched every game without fail so far, and hopefully on Saturday I'll be able to watch my first Wild game in real time.

What are your thoughts on the season so far, and is there anybody else supporting from any further away? I'm making it an aim of mine for the next time I come over to the US to make sure I witness the Wild, either home or away!

Will

willt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:49 AM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Welcome!

Glad you're happy with supporting the Wild, we all hope you're joining us on the ground-floor for many years of playoff hockey.

Season so far= better than expected. Most rational people thought we'd be somewhere in the 5-8 seed range, maybe missing the playoffs by a few points, so being 1st in the NW right now is better than i had expected (to be fair few foresaw the Canucks struggling this much).

We've got a fair amount of Finnish fans here.

Enjoy the boards, as long as the Wild are winning we get along fairly well

Also Don't stop the Party.

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
British? Hot damn we're attracting all sorts of countries now. A regular UN in here.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:15 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Welcome Will

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:33 PM
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 127
Spread the word to your friends too about the league! and the Wild ^_^

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:38 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Awesome we have a UK guy at last! We have a couple germans, a handful of swedes and some finns, along with an iranian and a guy from brazil, of all places that pop on from time to time. the time difference has to blow--makes you guys all the more impressive.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:33 PM
forthewild

Welcome to the boards and to the community! We'll be ok as long as you don't disrespect the Manchester United Football team.

You also picked a great time to start following the Wild we have some exciting players to watch, one of them being #25 Jonas Brodin. Pay attention to him on Saturday and you'll see why, after you watch him try to remember he's only 19 years old.

Glad to have you

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Welcome

It's great to see so many international fans.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:12 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Awesome we have a UK guy at last! We have a couple germans, a handful of swedes and some finns, along with an iranian and a guy from brazil, of all places that pop on from time to time. the time difference has to blow--makes you guys all the more impressive.
There is a regular at Hockey Wilderness from Ireland. Not sure he ever ventures over here. Dude's kinda crazy, watches most of the games live which is like 1 AM his time usaully.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Haite
x

vCash: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
There is a regular at Hockey Wilderness from Ireland. Not sure he ever ventures over here. Dude's kinda crazy, watches most of the games live which is like 1 AM his time usaully.
So crazy

Haite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:14 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:55 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ahhh nice, a British connection.

So what kind of access do you have to getting autographed material from Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and/or Richard Hammond?

00xtremeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:53 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Welcome to the boards and to the community! We'll be ok as long as you don't disrespect the Manchester United Football team.

You also picked a great time to start following the Wild we have some exciting players to watch, one of them being #25 Jonas Brodin. Pay attention to him on Saturday and you'll see why, after you watch him try to remember he's only 19 years old.

Glad to have you
I don't know anything about Premier League Soccer Football except that I'm supposed to hate the Manchester United AONs.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:04 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willt23 View Post
Hi all,

Having followed Ice Hockey here in England for a couple of years with my beloved Nottingham Panthers (don't worry I'm guessing you've never heard of them before haha), after the lockout I came across NHL GameCentre and thought I'd give it a go.

Now I've never seen an NHL game in the flesh before, although I do remember when I was younger being on holiday in Florida when Tampa Bay won the Stanley Cup. I was toying with the idea of taking them on as my adopted team, but decided to go with Wild as I'm already going to watch the Vikings in the NFL at Wembley later this year - and I just thought I'd tell you guys how happy I am with my decision!

I've watched every game without fail so far, and hopefully on Saturday I'll be able to watch my first Wild game in real time.

What are your thoughts on the season so far, and is there anybody else supporting from any further away? I'm making it an aim of mine for the next time I come over to the US to make sure I witness the Wild, either home or away!

Will
You picked a great time to join the club! The Wild were down for a few years prior to this one... but Chuck Fletcher (the General Manager) has been hard at work the past few years building this team up from the disaster it once was. We're just now starting to see the payoff!

This season started out rather sluggishly, but after the team started to build some chemistry they've absolutely taken off!

I thought before the season started that they had a legit shot at winning the division, but expected they may fall short of it and end up a 5th seed in the playoffs. I think they are actually playing better than even I expected and now I think they can really pull out a division win here!

Welcome!

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:18 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
I don't know anything about Premier League Soccer Football except that I'm supposed to hate the Manchester United AONs.
Don't know what this is but Man U has been my favorite team since i was 9, i remember watching them in Croatia before I came here in the mid 90's so you quit your hating.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:27 AM
mikko1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Don't know what this is but Man U has been my favorite team since i was 9, i remember watching them in Croatia before I came here in the mid 90's so you quit your hating.

mikko1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 06:06 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikko1995 View Post

so i haven't watched them of late

Old
03-23-2013, 06:25 AM
gaboneill

Cheers for the Minnesota Wild International Community !!!

Great to be a part of it, even if I haven't enough time to talk with you on this board

gaboneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:12 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaboneill View Post
Cheers for the Minnesota Wild International Community !!!

Great to be a part of it, even if I haven't enough time to talk with you on this board
Welcome to the boards!!!

Now we have a better rivalry going here (French vs British) then the Wild vs Wings were sold to be.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:42 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Yes!! We need a new rivalry.
Because of Brodin, every Finn here unconditionally loves Sweden.

Finland Sweden.

One day I tried to dislike them a bit... Can't do it anymore. Our beloved neighbours, how can you hate them? Why can't we be one peace-loving and Happy Kingdom of Sweden anymore?

Brodin.......

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:05 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi75 View Post
Yes!! We need a new rivalry.
Because of Brodin, every Finn here unconditionally loves Sweden.

Finland Sweden.

One day I tried to dislike them a bit... Can't do it anymore. Our beloved neighbours, how can you hate them? Why can't we be one peace-loving and Happy Kingdom of Sweden anymore?

Brodin.......

Gooood Goood

Last edited by forthewild: 03-23-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old
03-23-2013, 09:37 AM
willt23

Thanks for the messages guys.

Like I said hopefully today I'll watch my first game live having watched all the other ones on a full record a day or two after the game! I believe its face off around 1pm your time right?

Been really impressed with Brodin, heard the commentators talk a lot about him and how he's being viewed from other parts of the NHL as a chance to win Rookie of the Year.

Really liked the performances of Zucker, Clutterbuck and Suter as well as Parise - I understand Suter and Parise are two of the Wild's 'big players'?

What are your guys thoughts on the match today? I'll be sitting in front of the tv with a couple of beers and cheering the guys on for sure!

PS - As a Nottingham Forest fan, I'm also taught not to really like Manchester United. Sorry

willt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Syan Ruter
Snus boogey woogey?

Quote:

Like I said hopefully today I'll watch my first game live having watched all the other ones on a full record a day or two after the game! I believe its face off around 1pm your time right?

Been really impressed with Brodin, heard the commentators talk a lot about him and how he's being viewed from other parts of the NHL as a chance to win Rookie of the Year.

Really liked the performances of Zucker, Clutterbuck and Suter as well as Parise - I understand Suter and Parise are two of the Wild's 'big players'?

What are your guys thoughts on the match today? I'll be sitting in front of the tv with a couple of beers and cheering the guys on for sure!

PS - As a Nottingham Forest fan, I'm also taught not to really like Manchester United. Sorry
Welcome to the community, lad! (yes, trying to soothe you in, lol)

I guess you could say that Mikko Koivu, the captain, is the glue that holds the team together, together with Mike Yeo, the coach, and GM Chuck Fletcher. As soon as the team starts performing poorly, hate on all three of them and demand them to get fired. No questions. Just do it.

Syan Ruter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:11 AM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 410
Booo Man U! But, I like them better than City!

Unfortunately Brodin is a ManCity fan....

elnewby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:14 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:

Go Nottingham Forest!

Welcome!

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote