Old
02-17-2013, 01:33 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
Why would we raze the roster?!
Because it's clear it's not just a coaching issue but a player issue. We've had three system and only Lemaire's system seems to be working for those that worked under him. If we hire another coach, it's another year of learning a new system (that might not take) and another year of development for players currently in the system.

Quote:
Most of our roster now is young and developing(with strong potential), or in their prime. Outside of Heatley, who really is declining at a sad rate, and poor Butch, our roster is fine, no, good. Geesus, it will get there.
And yet people are still calling for a change in the system.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:49 PM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
I will say this. If GMCF is just waiting for Pitt to fire dan bylsma, I'm gonna be pissed

Old
02-17-2013, 02:19 PM
kfan22

How about this name next year if he is available. Lindy Ruff? the guy has been in Buffalo for forever and if they miss the playoffs it may be time to make a move!

Old
02-17-2013, 03:08 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Because it's clear it's not just a coaching issue but a player issue. We've had three system and only Lemaire's system seems to be working for those that worked under him. If we hire another coach, it's another year of learning a new system (that might not take) and another year of development for players currently in the system.

And yet people are still calling for a change in the system.
Dude, what are you talking about?!

We need cohesion, accountability, and truly - time. 40% of our roster is NEW as of last year. We have some wonderfully talented players, the best this team has ever had, and if you actually WATCH the games, you will see they are not on the same page.

WTF would razing the roster do. We have talent. We're not cup-bound yet, but we have the talent for the playoffs. We just need cohesion. Do I think Yeo is like a deer in the headlights at times? I'm starting to think so, but we shall see. The players are fine, they just need to learn to play together.

It is a TEAM game. I swear to God, reading some of these posts.... How many posters here have played a real team game - hockey, soccer, water polo, I don't know, just not baseball or ****ing basketball. Good teams play just as that, and that is a skill in itself. Evervyone of these players has skill, that's how they got here, they know how to play on a team. Finding that cohesion takes time and practice.

Look how many times we go offsides - line rush completely ended. Passes go to where no one is, or even worse, to the opposing team. Pleayers just looking completely out of sync. This is our team right now. This is not their skill level causing problems, it's a complete lack of cohesion.

Did you see the Ducks play? They're on the same page when they do well.
Pens? Same page.
Blues? Same page.
Phonix? Same page.

This is how teams with good parts become good teams.

We only have a couple parts that are not good on our team, most of our parts are pretty good right now.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:43 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

^ Talking about IF we fire Yeo.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:18 PM
hokijanari

Again. WTF are you doing Yeo?!?!?!?! C'mon GMCF fire him oh my god!!! Wild line-up today:

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Zucker-Cullen-Setoguchi
Larsson-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Rupp-Granlund-Mitchell

WTF Yeo?!?!?!?? Granlund is playing really well and now he's centering the motha ****ing fourth line with Rupp and Mitchell???? Where's the god damn logic??? That's totally how you get the most out of Granlund! Definitely.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokijanari View Post
Again. WTF are you doing Yeo?!?!?!?! C'mon GMCF fire him oh my god!!! Wild line-up today:

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Zucker-Cullen-Setoguchi
Rupp-Granlund-Mitchell

WTF Yeo?!?!?!?? Granlund is playing really well and now he's centering the motha ****ing fourth line with Rupp and Mitchell???? Where's the god damn logic??? That's totally how you get the most out of Granlund! Definitely.
Already discussed in length at the GDT.

02-17-2013, 04:25 PM
hokijanari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Already discussed in length at the GDT.
Yeah but I want Yeo gone and it belongs here.....

Old
02-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

I'm actually starting to enjoy this thread. Would read again.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:56 PM
centcougar07

Today is the first time I've thought Yeo is borderline stupid. Granlund on the 4th line now that he's playing great and Brodin moved to the third pairing. Granlund is working his ass off and playing well and Brodin has been borderline our best defenseman and he gets moved down to the bottom pairing. This makes no sense to me

Old
02-17-2013, 04:59 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

We have too many left shooting defensemen. Plus Spurgeon fits the best with Suter and as many posters have mentioned, Spurgeon is one of the best defensemen on the Wild, so it makes sense to accommodate him. As for Granlund, his best game was when he was a 4th liner. Maybe it'll happen again.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Piffles

Quote:

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Zucker-Cullen-Setoguchi
Rupp-Granlund-Mitchell

So, are you in the locker room every day, and do you know everything that happens in practice? Granlund was given time on good lines and given his chances and he didn't show much. Now he has to work his way back up.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:56 PM
hokijanari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffles View Post
So, are you in the locker room every day, and do you know everything that happens in practice? Granlund was given time on good lines and given his chances and he didn't show much. Now he has to work his way back up.
Have you seen a single game lately?

Old
02-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Piffles

Quote:
Have you seen a single game lately?
No, I don't follow hockey.

Are you a Vikings fan? If so I'd guess you loved Joe Webb as well, right?

He didn't perform on the second line, and had his playing time adjusted accordingly. Zucker, in a way, filled that slot, and scored a goal today. But I'll keep entertaining your thoughts, because you're clearly a professional armchair GM/HC.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
No, I don't follow hockey.

Are you a Vikings fan? If so I'd guess you loved Joe Webb as well, right?

He didn't perform on the second line, and had his playing time adjusted accordingly. Zucker, in a way, filled that slot, and scored a goal today. But I'll keep entertaining your thoughts, because you're clearly a professional armchair GM/HC.
He's very likely Finnish (sadly), as his username loosely translates to "hockeydude". So no, I don't think he's a Vikes fan as NFL isn't very big 'round these parts.

And you're wasting your time trying to talk some sense into the guy.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:54 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
For the love of Jesus. Please bring your epeen contest to PMs.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:44 AM
Gaps

Quote:
I disagree with you. The only place he should work his way up is the AHL, not the freaking 4th line. There are several players on the roster capable centering that line, and it's actually their specialty. If Yeo doesn't want to give MiG the ice time and linemates he needs, there is no use for Granlund in Minnesota for now. Send him to Houston if that's the case but Yeo needs to stop putting him on the 4th line.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:05 AM
toewsintangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by centcougar07 View Post
Today is the first time I've thought Yeo is borderline stupid. Granlund on the 4th line now that he's playing great and Brodin moved to the third pairing. Granlund is working his ass off and playing well and Brodin has been borderline our best defenseman and he gets moved down to the bottom pairing. This makes no sense to me
Yeo might be angling to use "jesus these prospects suck, Mr. Fletcher"-line at the end of the season to save his job

Old
02-18-2013, 02:15 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
Yeo might be angling to use "jesus these prospects suck, Mr. Fletcher"-line at the end of the season to save his job
Don't think that arguement would work anyway. Fletcher has eyes and can see who's paying well himself. Granlund is clearly a better center than Cullen and Brodziak. He's clearly figuring this game out, and is excelling in the faceoff circle on top of it all.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:29 AM
Drewcifer

Didn't the fourth line score the game winning goal? Torey Mitchell was looking good playing with Granlund.

There are all sorts of intangibles we don't know. Maybe Granlund is sick and Yeo wanted to limit his ice time. Maybe they are purposefully putting him in different positions to help him grow as a player, sort of like how they had Burns play offence for a season to make him a better offensive defenceman. Being on the outside looking in it is impossible to know why things are happening.

The thing that really concerns me is the power play. On paper we should be pretty good at it.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:41 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Um...Burns wasn't played at forward to make him a better offensive defenseman. He was DRAFTED AS A FORWARD.

In his draft year, he was switched from defense to forward, and finished that year big, which caused his stock to rise. Was projected as a power forward when he was drafted.

Towards the end of his rookie season, the Wild were decimated at defense with injuries, thus Lemaire moved Burns to defense since he had past experience there and the Wild were desperate. Burns excelled, and Lemaire said he was going to stay on defense from then on.

The following season, the NHL was locked out, Burns played a full season in Houston on defense.

After the lockout, Burns started at defense, but then the team had major injury issues at forward, so Lemaire again being desperate for NHL bodies, moved Burns to forward since he had previous experience there. Played over half the season there again before finishing out at defense again and finally permanently.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:10 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
He can't with all of them, for one Brodin has been one of the best players we have.

I was really pissed at Yeo last night tho, putting Brodin on 3rd pairing was just beyond dumb to me. Howeer i can't say that because we won.

Tho i still wish Yeo would put Brodin on 1st pp, kid is great at keeping pucks in the zone, and his shot is deceptive, gets to the net

Old
02-18-2013, 06:52 AM
THEALLKNOWING*

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
We have too many left shooting defensemen. Plus Spurgeon fits the best with Suter and as many posters have mentioned, Spurgeon is one of the best defensemen on the Wild, so it makes sense to accommodate him. As for Granlund, his best game was when he was a 4th liner. Maybe it'll happen again.
I think the Wild should be accomdating to Brodin and Suter. Spurgeon is tied for fourth as the Wild's best defensemen, with Stoner, Falk, and Prosser.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:26 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING View Post
I think the Wild should be accomdating to Brodin and Suter. Spurgeon is tied for fourth as the Wild's best defensemen, with Stoner, Falk, and Prosser.
wild dman ranking according to me

1A: Suter
1Aa Brodin
2 Gilbert
3 Spurgeon
4 Stoner
5 Intel
6 Falk

Old
02-18-2013, 07:29 AM
forthewild

Also just in case people don't know my stance on too many of this hand dman, IN NO ****ING CASE SHOULD OUR BEST DMAN BE MOVED TO 3RD PAIRING BECAUSE WE HAVE 3 RIGHTIES THAT SUCK.

Granlund too, seriously its 15 game in, Sell PMB for peanuts, move seto for a dman and get some space in the top 6 for guys who don't suck dick

Closed Thread