Notices

The Mike Yeo Firing Thread/Squad

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 07:07 AM
hirawl
Used Register

vCash: 400
Everybody calm the **** down. This team is in all likelihood still going into the playoffs. Anything can happen there. Yeo's dump and chase is definitely a working system in the post season when executed properly.

Their will be so much less room for carrying the puck AND for mistakes that pretty much every team will be dumping and chasing. Just to get the puck behind the defenders with minimum risk of turning it over at the blue line. CHI included.

They are creating chances. They will score goals. Trust me. Create more chances and you will win in the long run. Playoff series are the long run.

Believe. It's not the time to spread negativity, it's time to support your team and enjoy hockey and it's finest product. SC playoffs.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:30 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

vCash: 50
I really don't think it's appropriate to talk about playoffs until we've actually clinched a berth.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:04 AM
651*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirawl View Post
Everybody calm the **** down. This team is in all likelihood still going into the playoffs. Anything can happen there. Yeo's dump and chase is definitely a working system in the post season when executed properly.

Their will be so much less room for carrying the puck AND for mistakes that pretty much every team will be dumping and chasing. Just to get the puck behind the defenders with minimum risk of turning it over at the blue line. CHI included.

They are creating chances. They will score goals. Trust me. Create more chances and you will win in the long run. Playoff series are the long run.

Believe. It's not the time to spread negativity, it's time to support your team and enjoy hockey and it's finest product. SC playoffs.
One and done. One...and...done.

That is of course if we even make post season...

Old
04-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Dudicles

Quote:

I'll believe when the team gives me a reason to believe. Until then, the past precedence this team has given it's fans is what I believe in.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Kaptain
I am Jax

Quote:
Everybody calm the **** down. This team is in all likelihood still going into the playoffs.
I'm gonna go ahead and stop you right there. This team is, in all likelihood, going to continue losing. We're playing like ****, and just lost to Calgary. We're ****ed.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:40 AM
forthewild

Quote:

What gives you any indication we can win the last 3 games? Calgary had a bunch of AHL players and beat us 4-1, Colorado just beat STL, we might beat Eddy but LA is playing like a boss right now.

This team is just playing so bad, its not that we can't win, its that we're trying to not win, we're playing like crap and have been since April started. Good teams who makes playoffs right the ship faster then this, its seems Yeo can't make a ****ing adjustment to save his life.

Until this teams clinches a spot I'm going to think we're out of it, because i'd rather be disappointed early rather then thinking we're in only to be crushed later this week.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:37 AM
BigT2002

I'm still baffled at his line choices.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:43 AM
Lapa
Global Moderator
miek yoe pls

Personally, don't know what he has against Granny. 4th line? Really?

Old
04-22-2013, 09:48 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapa View Post
Personally, don't know what he has against Granny. 4th line? Really?
All about who is in front of him my friend.

Koivu - Ya, he will never leave the top line
Cullen - Season Vet with speed and puck handling skills
Brodziak - The 3rd line grit player

Where would you put him? The 3rd line is the legit energy line of this team right now. At least FBJ is playing with Mitchell, who can at least forecheck and will shoot the puck.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Lapa
Global Moderator
miek yoe pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
All about who is in front of him my friend.

Koivu - Ya, he will never leave the top line
Cullen - Season Vet with speed and puck handling skills
Brodziak - The 3rd line grit player

Where would you put him? The 3rd line is the legit energy line of this team right now. At least FBJ is playing with Mitchell, who can at least forecheck and will shoot the puck.
Wing/AHL.

Could see him replacing Zucker, for example. Zucker hasn't been all that good these last few games.

Simply put, I just think FBJ would benefit from playing more. Either in the big league or the minors.

Last edited by Lapa: 04-22-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old
04-22-2013, 09:54 AM
BigT2002

This says it all IMO:

Quote:
I’m getting kind of tired trying to search for positives,” Parise said, his frustration obvious, after a nine-shot effort. “We’ve got to win games. That’s a game we needed to win. Unfortunately we didn’t and now we can’t afford mistakes the way things are shaking up right now.”

Old
04-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Joe Cool

Don't worry because this team can back into the playoffs and score about twice as many goals in the playoffs as they did against Anaheim in 2003

Old
04-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaw View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and stop you right there. This team is, in all likelihood, going to continue losing. We're playing like ****, and just lost to Calgary. We're ****ed.
Thank you for adding so much, as always.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

If this new Russo Rant Tweet is correct, and the Mild leadership guilted Yeo into having a REAL practice today instead of Optional, I change my mind. Yeo should be canned.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:38 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
This says it all IMO:
Wait does that mean our 98 million dollar forward is pissed?

BTW I'm fine with a complete scrubbing.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:39 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkmantis View Post
If this new Russo Rant Tweet is correct, and the Mild leadership guilted Yeo into having a REAL practice today instead of Optional, I change my mind. Yeo should be canned.
Say what? the players told the coach they need a practice?

Old
04-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Kaptain
I am Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
Thank you for adding so much, as always.
Am I wrong?!
You know what, you're right. We're fine. I'm being overly negative. We'll probably win the Stanley Cup!

Old
04-22-2013, 06:16 PM
TheeNorthStar

Quote:
For real. Im liking the new support this "movement" is gettin

Old
04-22-2013, 08:43 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
Say what? the players told the coach they need a practice?

z

Sentiments echoed. That was embarrassing and this team needs practice, not optional crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala View Post
Wait does that mean our 98 million dollar forward is pissed?

BTW I'm fine with a complete scrubbing.
It means the locker room is started to echo the same sentiments we are. They are getting fed up with losing and your "98 million dollar player" as you call him is essentially the voice of it. Yeo could very well be losing the locker room.

Quote:
That is 100% unacceptable. If I'm Fletcher, I'm calling him into the office and asking WTF with optional practices when you're this close to missing it completely.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:23 PM
SPMaximus
Re-sign=/=Resign

Yeo probably isnt going anywhere, so the obvious solution is to get a coach to coach Yeo

Old
04-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Phant03

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Maybe find the context of the quote? It was a joke made at the post practice scrum.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Giles Ferrell
#believeinyeo

Quote:
Good to know that your mind changed for firing the head coach, on a joke.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

As I said, "IF" this was true...

But on the basis of Yeo's work so far as head coach on that alone, he is on shakey ground, especially after how this team has played down the stretch. Ownership can not be happy after spending about 200 mill on 2 franchise players during the offseason. And maybe not even making the playoffs, no way that can be impressing the guy upstairs.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Beegoalie

If we don't get at least the 7th seen consider the season over before the playoffs begin. Like someone said earlier but can't find the post..as hilarious as it was I hope it wasn't deleted. Chicago will **** us.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Giles Ferrell
#believeinyeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
If we don't get at least the 7th seen consider the season over before the playoffs begin. Like someone said earlier but can't find the post..as hilarious as it was I hope it wasn't deleted. Chicago will **** us.
Anything is possible in the playoffs. Anything.

Closed Thread