The Mike Yeo Firing Thread/Squad

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

vCash: 50
I really do hope the context of that quote was a joke. I really, really do.

But regardless, I still want Yeo gone.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:37 PM
Emilie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkmantis View Post
As I said, "IF" this was true...

But on the basis of Yeo's work so far as head coach on that alone, he is on shakey ground, especially after how this team has played down the stretch. Ownership can not be happy after spending about 200 mill on 2 franchise players during the offseason. And maybe not even making the playoffs, no way that can be impressing the guy upstairs.
I swear to god, if people (not YOU in specific, but fans as a whole) would do some research, they'd save themselves from looking silly.

Upper management and the owners group have said at least a million (give or take a few) times that they did not ever expect the Wild to be contenders this season. They are building this team to be competitive for years to come.

Yeo is not getting fired at the end of this season. Not when you look at all the things working against the team in general (like a shortened season, no training camp, etc), and add in the things coming directly from the people who make these decisions, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

The guys in the locker room are 100% behind Yeo. Even if management was somewhat unhappy (which again, they aren't), they aren't going to risk completely losing the team by firing the guy who has the backing of the players.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
^Thank you for a logical post.

I appreciate it. I really do.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:41 PM
Giles Ferrell
#believeinyeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilie View Post
I swear to god, if people (not YOU in specific, but fans as a whole) would do some research, they'd save themselves from looking silly.

Upper management and the owners group have said at least a million (give or take a few) times that they did not ever expect the Wild to be contenders this season. They are building this team to be competitive for years to come.

Yeo is not getting fired at the end of this season. Not when you look at all the things working against the team in general (like a shortened season, no training camp, etc), and add in the things coming directly from the people who make these decisions, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

The guys in the locker room are 100% behind Yeo. Even if management was somewhat unhappy (which again, they aren't), they aren't going to risk completely losing the team by firing the guy who has the backing of the players.

Believe in Yeo!

Old
04-22-2013, 11:47 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

I don't see a team on the ice who 100% has their coaches back and i don't care how many times an executive tells the press the coach is safe, it is to be taken with a grain of salt because no GM worth a **** would come out publically and say the coaches job was on the line and for that matter no player worth a **** would say anything negative about their coach either.

The fact remains that this talented team went into a tail spin some time ago and it hasn't stopped. There is no way that CF isn't concerned that Yeo has not been able to get the team out if its funk. No way. It may not mean he gets fired when this season is over but expect a very short leash when next season starts.

Edit to add: This team has now lost 5 in a row AT HOME!!! Souhan wrote an article today about the lack of excitement at the X. If the natives are restless then the ownership and GM are going to get restless as well.

Last edited by Blizzard6411: 04-22-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old
04-22-2013, 11:52 PM
Emilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
I don't see a team on the ice who 100% has their coaches back and i don't care how many times an executive tells the press the coach is safe, it is to be taken with a grain of salt because no GM worth a **** would come out publically and say the coaches job was on the line and for that matter no player worth a **** would say anything negative about their coach either.

The fact remains that this talented team went into a tail spin some time ago and it hasn't stopped. There is no way that CF isn't concerned that Yeo has not been able to get the team out if its funk. No way. It may not mean he gets fired when this season is over but expect a very short leash when next season starts.
I can tell you from conversations I've had with players and management that is exactly how they feel. Believe what you want, I really don't care. It is what it is.

It's a really dicey area to come out and say that GMs or players don't speak their mind when asked. Until you've had the experience to back up what your saying,it's hard to find that opinion credible at all.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:53 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
I can tell you from conversations I've had with players and management that is exactly how they feel. Believe what you want, I really don't care. It is what it is.

It's a really dicey area to come out and say that GMs or players don't speak their mind when asked. Until you've had the experience to back up what your saying,it's hard to find that opinion credible at all.
People should trust her, she really knows her ****.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:01 AM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:

I have plenty of experience with professional athletes and owners as well so don't get all high and mighty with me and assume that you have some sort of experience that I don't. It certainly isn't very professional and does nothing to support your opinion.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:01 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
People should trust her, she really knows her ****.
Yep, I figured. Good to have some sense of reason in midst of all the panicking, .gifs and martial law.

Not that I haven't done any of the above...

Old
04-23-2013, 12:02 AM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Yep, I figured. Good to have some sense of reason in midst of all the panicking, .gifs and martial law.

Not that I haven't done any of the above...
Don't bring the gifs into this.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:04 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
I have plenty of experience with professional athletes and owners as well so don't get all high and mighty with me and assume that you have some sort of experience that I don't. It certainly isn't very professional and does nothing to support your opinion.
She didn't get high and mighty with you, she just said what she thought of your opinion, based on what YOU SAID.

To be honest, we don't know what's happening inside the locker room. It's always good if the players trust their coach, even if we (the fans) don't. The worst situation would be that, 3 games from the playoffs, the players would suddenly lose trust in their coach. You can't teach them a new system in a week. You just can't. Hell, Rome wasn't built overnight either.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:04 AM
Emilie

Quote:
I'm not getting high and mighty with you at all. I'm telling you my experience with this team. You certainly don't have to agree. No skin off my back. Not sure where this needed to turn into a personal thing...

Old
04-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
Don't bring the gifs into this.
Well, that's what most of you have been posting for last 24 hours, to ease up the general panic. I don't blame you, but it's just a fact.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:06 AM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Well, that's what most of you have been posting for last 24 hours, to ease up the general panic. I don't blame you, but it's just a fact.
I don't know what you're talking about, the gifs are in no way a coping technique.....

Old
04-23-2013, 12:08 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
I don't know what you're talking about, the gifs are in no way a coping technique.....
Okay, I have my cigs and you have your gifs. Fair enough.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:09 AM
hirawl
Used Register

Seriously people. It's the most exciting times in a hockey fan's year. The team is in a decent position fighting for a playoff spot and hopefully can get there and make their mark. All you gotta do is show some colors and support the team. This is the hand dealt now. Deal with it. It's the time to go all in, not the time to ****ing fold.

Plenty of time after the season to start yelling for peoples' heads.

With the character and leadership in the Wild locker room, I don't give a crap of who we're playing. Let's get it done. LET'S GO WILD!

Old
Emilie

Quote:

Omg. I love this.

Old
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:

Old
04-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirawl View Post
Seriously people. It's the most exciting times in a hockey fan's year. The team is in a decent position fighting for a playoff spot and hopefully can get there and make their mark. All you gotta do is show some colors and support the team. This is the hand dealt now. Deal with it. It's the time to go all in, not the time to ****ing fold.

With the character and leadership in the Wild locker room, I don't give a crap of who we're playing. Let's get it done. LET'S GO WILD!
I'd agree with you but can't do much from Finland to support the Wild. And I don't think that being a homer on an internet message board does much to help them on the ice. Hell, I've been here for almost 2 year now...

Old
04-23-2013, 12:11 AM
Emilie

Quote:
I read that as girls instead of gifs. I was going to ask if there was a place I could get boys. Sigh.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:11 AM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaw View Post
Am I wrong?!
You know what, you're right. We're fine. I'm being overly negative. We'll probably win the Stanley Cup!
I can deal with negativity, but if you're going to be negative it'd be nice if you added something to the conversation every now and then. I'm just sick of seeing your "we suck" and "we're ****ed" comments 30 times a day.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:17 AM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
I'm not getting high and mighty with you at all. I'm telling you my experience with this team. You certainly don't have to agree. No skin off my back. Not sure where this needed to turn into a personal thing...
Then my apologies for taking your having experience comment the wrong way. I do read and look forward to your articles, thank you for the piece on Houston.

OT:The very first professional hockey game I saw was the Phoenix Road Runners vs Houston Aeros. It is a thrill to tell me kids about the day I saw Gordie, Mark and Marty Howe play as Houston Aeros (especially Gordie of course), that is some great hockey history right there.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Giles Ferrell
#believeinyeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirawl View Post

This is the best point I've read on here...ever.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
I read that as girls instead of gifs. I was going to ask if there was a place I could get boys. Sigh.
Yeah, I wish.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Emilie

Quote:
Then my apologies for taking your having experience comment the wrong way. I do read and look forward to your articles, thank you for the piece on Houston.

OT:The very first professional hockey game I saw was the Phoenix Road Runners vs Houston Aeros. It is a thrill to tell me kids about the day I saw Gordie, Mark and Marty Howe play as Houston Aeros (especially Gordie of course), that is some great hockey history right there.
I love Houston. I've said this so many times since they announced the team was leaving, but the fans down there were great. There were a couple of mid week games I covered where I'd have to yell at ms.c or the pr guy when they were sitting right next to me. With only like 5000 fans, if that.

Closed Thread