Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues

Florida Everblades For Sale

Old
04-30-2013, 12:57 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Florida Everblades For Sale

This isnt the first time I recall reading about this. I believe it was a year or two ago and their were two interested parties. One just wanted the land and the other wanted the building and team. Too lazy to re-find that article.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20...nclick_check=1

Quote:
The Everblades ownership is one of four franchises in the ECHL that own the team and the facility, said ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna.
Who are the other 3 and aside from picking and choosing your dates does it really mean much?

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
This isnt the first time I recall reading about this. I believe it was a year or two ago and their were two interested parties. One just wanted the land and the other wanted the building and team. Too lazy to re-find that article.

Who are the other 3 and aside from picking and choosing your dates does it really mean much?
Cincinnati is one. It means so much that the Cyclones have opened on the road in their first two playoff series this post season despite having home ice "advantage"

I believe that Reading and Utah are the other two.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 08:26 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
Cincinnati is one. It means so much that the Cyclones have opened on the road in their first two playoff series this post season despite having home ice "advantage"

I believe that Reading and Utah are the other two.
Only reason you did against Gwinnett was because they couldnt get home dates, you got the last 5 at home...unheard of!

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:17 PM
Gibbie42

Quote:

It means no rent. It means all the proceeds from concessions. It means not having to negotiate with someone to get the ice you want. It means not having to pay to use your own building for practice. It's huge

Kwings are one team. Elmira is another. I'm not sure who the other one is.

Gibbie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Only reason you did against Gwinnett was because they couldnt get home dates, you got the last 5 at home...unheard of!
No. There was a concert on the Friday and some ridiculous painting thing on Saturday. Further, the Cyclones could have played all 7 in Gwinnett and won. They are a much better team.

Another poster pointed out that the Kwings and Wings Stadium are owned by the same entity. I had forgotten that.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote