HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

All Leafs/Habs game talk here

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 10:38 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Biting and kicking what have the leafs become???

Where is Darcy Tucker when you need him?..I'm sure he would be trying to behead someone and make fun of someone having Cancer. Never liked the Leafs and after watching tonight i have reason to even despise them more. Glad all the Leafs fans are celebrating this Stanley Cup victory..I guess when you suck for so long these 1 game winning streaks really get you excited???

Briecheeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I will give it to McLaren. I prefer he'd laugh, though it does look bad, then he doesn't laugh and start really punching Gorges...'cause it would have looked like Scott against Thornton. And even worst than that.

And Orr does stick his knee out. Clear as day.
I've been PVRing it back - he misses it so weirdly that it looks more like a hipcheck.

Either way, it's not the most defensible play, because obviously Orr is trying to kill the guy.

But most other things in the game Habs fans are complaining about is a complete joke (and that's before mentioning Prust trying to fight everyone or PK Subban getting away with a groin shot)

Old
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadri43 View Post
I for one am completely embarrased to be a Leafs supporter after that bite incident. If Grabo is not suspended, I want Carlyle to sit him for 3 games.
Good luck with that. On a plus note -- you have a choice and do not have to be a Leaf supporter -- I hear the Habs are looking for a few fans after tonight.

Old
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred50 View Post
I see absolutely nothing there.

Old
blendermf
GO LEAFS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
How will they defend this ?

im sure they will find a way..
Um... with the contrast up all the way like that his whole arm looks like its bleeding lol.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:39 PM
TOG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
Oh, first time in NHL history that a player wraps his arm around another players face!!111
NOT

Michel Therrien said he saw the bite [on MaxPacs hand], tell me please why would he lie? And why would MaxPac show his hand to the refs if there was no bite?
Hey ref look at my soft hands??
Lol common leafs fans just stop denying.
You realize if you push your arm up against your mouth when it is open, you are going to see teeth marks, right?

Old
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:

i won't defend it, it looks like a bite. i still say it's not conclusive from the vid, but if pac does have teeth marks on his arm (what it looks like) then yeah, grabo bit him.

As for a suspension...I can't see him getting suspended...is there any previous history of someone getting suspended for biting?

Old
philer Bozel
Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonight We Are Young View Post
Yep.

He went after Gionta, dude is like 5"7 and he sucker punched Bourque.
I can't wait for orr to chase down Hall the one punch Eberle while MC is rag dolling Nugent-Hopkins

Old
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Prust never went after Grabovsky, Grabovsky went after him and got a right cross on the chin.
Actually, Prust went after Komarov, Grabovski was defending his teammate... Then it was obvious Pacioretty was scared for Prust's safety and felt the only way to save him from Mikhail Grabovski was to wrap his forearm around Grabovski's face - then whine as the guy who just had his forearm bit after he put it in someone's mouth. Imagine that. If he has an issue with it, he should call the police and have them launch an investigation.

Orr did take a run at Plekanec, and that was the first time I've ever seen that in the sport of hockey.. Ever. What barbarians these Leafers are.

Realistically he got up and saw a Hab jersey coming at him. If you're going to go at Colton Orr after he runs someone, it's safe to assume he'll feel challenged. So, he knocked Gionta down. Then, he felt Bourque grab him, so he hit him too. If you're gonna grab Colton Orr during a scrum, or come at him like Gionta did, be prepared to fight Colton Orr.

It was a divisional game, of course the Leafs aren't going to let off the gas. They should be more concerned with the first 55 minutes.

The Bruins have done this to the Leafs how many times in the past few seasons? Nobody was making a thread and bringing the humiliating loss to everyone's attention.

Old
NHRonin

Quote:

I'm sure he'll get a nice Hello Kitty band aid, a hug from the coach and be better in the morning.

Old
bigred50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
Crank up your monitor brightness. It's actually easier to see redness on TV than in the screenshot unfortunately.

Old
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
I'd love to have Gallagher on the Leafs. The only Hab who showed up tonight
What exactly did he show besides getting embarrassed physically all night long?

Mike Kostka of all people beat him up. No thanks.

Old
FightingIrish
Total Lak of Respek

Deserves it for wearing that birdcage.

Old
MastuhNinks

Quote:

There's nothing that needs to be defended, minor redness on a guy's arm (after you apply a visual filter ) after he shoves it in someone's face in a scrum is not conclusive evidence of a bite.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:40 PM
zytz
lumberjack

there's not really a video angle that shows a bite.

if they can somehow prove it though, Grabs should get a suspension, no doubt. I just don't see anything conclusive one way or the other.

Old
TheStinger
Non Omnis Moriar

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Pretty fair assessment. Orr likely would have been suspended for a charge if he connected on the hit, but he didn't...
Depends on where he got him really. If he got him in the head, sure suspend him for a bunch. But if he got him in the logo with his hip (as it looks like he was trying to before Plekanec moved out of the way) then maybe give him a misconduct but nothing more. It would have been a big hit, a penalty for charging but not much more could really be done with it.

I'm still wondering if Bourque will get a suspension for his third man in on Orr. Orr was clearly engaged with Gionta (had even just knocked him down) and was then set on by Bourque immediately. Sounds like a third man in to me.

Old
Phelan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blendermf View Post
Um... with the contrast up all the way like that his whole arm looks like its bleeding lol.
Looks like he bit his knuckles, too.

Old
mikeo1

Quote:
Oh, first time in NHL history that a player wraps his arm around another players face!!111
NOT

Michel Therrien said he saw the bite [on MaxPacs hand], tell me please why would he lie? And why would MaxPac show his hand to the refs if there was no bite?
1) NHL players have been bitten before.
2) It looks like Pacioretty put his forearm into Grabovski's mouth. You don't need to bite to leave a mark on a player in a situation like that. Pacioretty was a dumb**** and paid the price for it. Lets pray he doesn't lose his hand over this.

Old
Kesselology
License to Phil

My last post was a bit negative towards the Habs, at the very least I have to tip my hat to you guys for not giving up. All night there were constant battles, there's plenty of fight in the Canadiens even if they don't usually end up on top. Also look for a replay of PK Subban literally sucker-punching Komarov in the jock. Luckily for every good game that guy has he has three others where he skates around like a chicken without a head, taking slappers that have no chance of going in let alone hitting the net.

Old
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadri43 View Post
I for one am completely embarrased to be a Leafs supporter after that bite incident. If Grabo is not suspended, I want Carlyle to sit him for 3 games.
Seriously? The guy had an arm across his mouth and nose. WTF is he supposed to do? Not to mention the fact that there's absolutely no evidence that he actually bit at all.

[mod]

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 02-09-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: no
Old
CaptainBenn
The king is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftTackle51 View Post
You don't go rubbing your bare hand and arm in some guys face and expect for everything to go swell. There's no teeth if his hands are not in his face.
Lol not the first time "wrapping hands around face" happens at all

didn't know it was a common thing for NHLers to bite each others

Old
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
That's all the damage a "vicious bite" does? Where's the blood, my hand gets more red when someone slaps the back of my hand.

Just a lot of

Old
shibbiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
Biting and kicking what have the leafs become???

Where is Darcy Tucker when you need him?..I'm sure he would be trying to behead someone and make fun of someone having Cancer. Never liked the Leafs and after watching tonight i have reason to even despise them more. Glad all the Leafs fans are celebrating this Stanley Cup victory..I guess when you suck for so long these 1 game winning streaks really get you excited???
I think leafs fans would be more offended if that wasn't coming from an Isles fan.

Old
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eclipse View Post
McLaren laughing at Gorges sums up the night really.
Watching him look around wondering if Gorges was serious was real solid.

Old
Polo*

Quote:
NOT

lol I am not a leafs fan. I actually take a lot of grief from them sometimes on their board sometimes here. I see a lot of games cause my dads a fan but I am def not so maybe you shouldnt say things unless you know

From that video...I want you to rewatch it. How could he see from the coaches bench? I am going to say Therien has exposed himself as a liar. There is no way he could have seen from that angle nor could he have seen through the scrum nor could he have seen with hands over his face.

So yes. I am calling him a liar because hes bitter his team got shamefully beat tonight.

Closed Thread