HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

La 4eme fois, on est mieux de comprendre

Old
02-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

vCash: 500
We are Fasoffff.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:23 PM
LastRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
We are Fasoffff.
With this team. The organization would have to pay me to go watch the habs.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Jesus the main board madness is making me feel like I'm a complete homer and like I can't see what happens... I always tought I was objective and critic.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Jsweenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Yup, pretty much agree with this.

There is only one problem with the Habs:

Their best line last year (which was incredibly prolific in scoring) SUCKS.

Fix that and we're all good. People complain about defense when it's not the D-men that are the problem, rather the forwards tonight not picking up their men. (Cole, i currently hate you so much and DD, well, you just can't do anything right lately). Then when their PP was working, what can you do? We killed 4 of 6! OUR PP on the other hand sucked, came too late in the game when we had started juggling and was also somewhat unlucky.

Sucks now, but let's see how things pan out in the next two weeks. Then we'll really know where we stand. Otherwise, our franchise going forward is not in any danger. Tonight was embarrassing for sure. I don't know how I'm going to show my face at hockey in the morning. I think I might fight some of my teammates. They'd probably bite me, though.
That line is showing no chemistry. Guys are playing Desharnais really hard and he isn't getting any room. If him and cole don't get it going, I wouldn't mind giving Pacs-Galch-Gally a try as a 2nd unit for a few games

Jsweenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:44 PM
jughead42*

I think this may explain a bit.....
http://www.ecenglish.com/blogs/Montreal/?p=825

jughead42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Hugo Sham

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle8425147/

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:58 PM
WhatJustHappened
A.k.a compile

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to WhatJustHappened
I'm in the process of screen capping the Orr on Pleks incident.

WhatJustHappened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:00 AM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
I think this may explain a bit.....
http://www.ecenglish.com/blogs/Montreal/?p=825
And in the role of Travis Moen: Neil Patrick Harris.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:16 AM
WhatJustHappened
A.k.a compile

Here is the work I did trying to see if Orr DID in fact try to take out Pleks.

*Note images are blurry as I had to use a youtube video + vlc to extract the images. I have highlighted Orr's legs and body to show his position.

Please let me know if I can further help.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:58 AM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 247
Take the loss, swallow it and move on. As Habs fans, we have our bar set very high and losses like this are unacceptable, especially to trash. But you have to feel for the Leafs fans. They have to get their fun from somewhere. Poor Leafs fans haven't seen a single playoff in 7 years let alone another Cup Final appearance or the cup itself. You have to feel for them at some point. These little regular season wins is all they have to look forward to.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:23 AM
Habs Junkie

Only bright spot tonight: Gallagher
I'm starting to become a huge fan of his.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:27 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Move on that's all

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:27 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
These guys suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Jesus the main board madness is making me feel like I'm a complete homer and like I can't see what happens... I always tought I was objective and critic.
I'm trying to be a level headed fan, but I'm having alot of trouble right now, the loss I can handle but all the ******** during the loss, from Orr running Pleks trying to fight Gionta and than suckering Bourque, to that plug McLaren laughing while he fights Gorges is too much. First leaf fan I see is going to carry his teeth home in his pocket.

I can't wait until the next meeting, forget all this goon ********, beat them on the score sheet where it actually matters.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:41 AM
Amadeus
The Magician!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
I'm trying to be a level headed fan, but I'm having alot of trouble right now, the loss I can handle but all the ******** during the loss, from Orr running Pleks trying to fight Gionta and than suckering Bourque, to that plug McLaren laughing while he fights Gorges is too much. First leaf fan I see is going to carry his teeth home in his pocket.

I can't wait until the next meeting, forget all this goon ********, beat them on the score sheet where it actually matters.
I think all the bitter sentiments are originating from a lop-sided loss.

What Mikhail Grabovski did hadn't originated from Grabo himself but was reactionary when he was trying to contain two people - one ahead of him and one behind him.

You have to give Colton Orr credit because he's not a dirty player. He could have really stuck his leg out and really hurt Gionta but he didn't. What ensued after was reactionary because naturally you can't assume the other team's player is coming after you to give you a high five.

Toronto played very well as they have in all their road games this season.

This game wouldn't have been made into a big deal on the board if it wasn't for bitter sentiments that existed after the game.

I really hope we meet in the playoffs. It'll be one hell of a series.

02-10-2013, 01:45 AM
Apoplectic Habs Fan

Time to shake the lineup up and make a statement.

Specifically Cole, Gionta, Armstrong and Moen. These vets have been completely useless since the beginning of the season.

None are playing the role they are being to paid.

Both Cole and Gionta look like they are retired or basically sulking that Gomez is gone. Just no excuse.

Armstrong was a low risk potential high reward signing. However the experiment is over. Get someone who can actually bring something to the team. At least a goon is useless once in a while.

Apoplectic Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:51 AM
Apoplectic Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I think all the bitter sentiments are originating from a lop-sided loss.

What Mikhail Grabovski did hadn't originated from Grabo himself but was reactionary when he was trying to contain two people - one ahead of him and one behind him.

You have to give Colton Orr credit because he's not a dirty player. He could have really stuck his leg out and really hurt Gionta but he didn't. What ensued after was reactionary because naturally you can't assume the other team's player is coming after you to give you a high five.
what? biting someone is reactionary. Seriously? These scrums happen once or twice every game at least and rarely do you see what Grabovski does. Thats baffling someone with any intelligence would believe that line of thinking.

Give Orr credit for only clipping Plekanec instead of fully extending his leg? My god, thats like thanking someone for stabbing you instead of shooting you. Of course not to the extent but to give credit to someone for not being as dirty as they could have been, that thinking again is beyond laughable bordering idiotic.

Apoplectic Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:10 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 160
LOL@ Leafs fans who think they just won the Cup.

In fact, I've seen at least 2 posters with a recently new avatar from tonight's game. Must really be desperate with no playoffs since 2004.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:20 AM
Picaroon

vCash: 953
Just because I don't feel like it can actually be said enough, CBC sucks. PJ is a dink. Don Cherry is even worse. I can easily find a stream from another network for habs games. Done with these guys. Unfortunate because Elliotte Friedman is great and I like Ron Maclean too.

But, besides that, Montreal played like garbage as a team. Hope we snap out of this funk soon because there are a lot of quality players on this team that can produce.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:29 AM
Dharvey33

Moen didn't even fight tonight and that's what he is paid to do. Certainly not because he is an awesome goal scorer.

He is good on the pk but that's not enough.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:40 AM
NarcoPolo

Gallagher looked good tonight

NarcoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:48 AM
jughead42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
I'm trying to be a level headed fan, but I'm having alot of trouble right now, the loss I can handle but all the ******** during the loss, from Orr running Pleks trying to fight Gionta and than suckering Bourque , to that plug McLaren laughing while he fights Gorges is too much. First leaf fan I see is going to carry his teeth home in his pocket.

I don't disagree with much here, but to say Orr suckered Bourque after Bourque jumps him from behind, removes his helmet and throws a left jab with the glove on is a bit much don't you think? There's a reason that punch was coming, and it shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone, least of all Bourque. Credit to him for bouncing back up though.

jughead42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:11 AM
WhatJustHappened
A.k.a compile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaroon View Post
Just because I don't feel like it can actually be said enough, CBC sucks. PJ is a dink. Don Cherry is even worse. I can easily find a stream from another network for habs games. Done with these guys. Unfortunate because Elliotte Friedman is great and I like Ron Maclean too.

But, besides that, Montreal played like garbage as a team. Hope we snap out of this funk soon because there are a lot of quality players on this team that can produce.
CBC's headquarters are in Toronto. So if the Leafs are on, its pro-Leafs, pro-Sens, pro-other Canadian teams etc, but for some really odd reason, if the Habs are on, I have yet to hear one of these idiots say something positive about them.

They are broadcasting the NHL, yet they talk about the OHL and other things for no reason. TSN > EVERYONE for broadcasts, I'm sorry but their panel, their value, their coverage is far superior to this wasted tax payers tv station.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:14 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Moen didn't even fight tonight and that's what he is paid to do. Certainly not because he is an awesome goal scorer.

He is good on the pk but that's not enough.
well, that's not what he's paid to do, but in games like tonight you're supposed to see him step up.

And this, is the reason why an enforcer would be pointless, it's not like a guy would want to have his face demolished to protect guys like this.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:20 AM
Face81

Dude, leafs won't make the playoffs...

Face81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:24 AM
IceDaddy

MT will probably give them a day off today too....

Personally, Id skate them into the ground this morning....then they can go home for some lunch and a nap and then I would make them come back and watch a tape of last nights game.

Last edited by IceDaddy: 02-10-2013 at 05:48 AM.
IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote