HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Komarov discussion thread.

Old
02-03-2013, 06:10 AM
MMANumminen

vCash: 500
Komarov discussion thread.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/pl...sive/sort/hits

Way to go Leo!

But how come he don't make any points? Wood hands? Bad luck? Please enlighten me, I haven't watched a full game this year.

Last edited by MMANumminen: 02-18-2013 at 11:22 PM.
MMANumminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:30 AM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

He has been really good. Though Leo hasn't had more than a handful of opportunities to score, so far. He'll figure it out. Up until now, his linemates have controlled the puck a lot more and Komarov has parked himself in front of the net and finished hits.

Good player.

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:36 AM
bax

I've been hearing he's said in an interview lately he's not interested in playing with the puck, just hitting people. I haven't read that interview just what I've heard. He's definitely creating chances for his linemates, that's for sure.

I like having him on this team.

bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:44 AM
Raging Bull

I thought last night was his best game so far, hilarious to see Chara go after him after a clean hit. Don't know what it is about him, haven't seen the opposition hate a Leaf player this much since Tucker.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Morlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
I thought last night was his best game so far, hilarious to see Chara go after him after a clean hit. Don't know what it is about him, haven't seen the opposition hate a Leaf player this much since Tucker.

I'm a Leaf fan but it wasn't a clean hit. Boychuk? Didn't even touch the puck before he got hammered. Was a good hit though.

Morlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:40 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlu View Post
I'm a Leaf fan but it wasn't a clean hit. Boychuk? Didn't even touch the puck before he got hammered. Was a good hit though.

Borderline interference I guess, looked like he was reaching for the puck. Definitely not a board which is what they called it though.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:55 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlu View Post
They were both going for the puck, trouble is Boychuk was in the way. I see this play happen continuously with no penalty called.

You just never know anymore because players are diving all over the place to get a call.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:18 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
He was pretty much the only Leaf getting some hits yesterday, along with Frattin. I'm not expecting many points, but with Kadri and Frattin he's bound to get some, off a rebound or a deflection. I'm loving his game. And I believe he can be more of a pest than he's been for us so far.

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:25 AM
LeafDangler

Leading the league in hits is a negative stat IMO. It means when he is on the ice the other team most likely has possession of the puck. In order to rack up hit numbers your line needs to be bad. It's similar to how Crosby always has a high turnover rate. When you have the puck all the time you tend to give it away more than others.

I see Komarov as a grittier Rickard Wallin. I expect him to be one and done and back to Europe next year unless he can really step up his play.

LeafDangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:34 AM
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafDangler View Post
Leading the league in hits is a negative stat IMO. It means when he is on the ice the other team most likely has possession of the puck. In order to rack up hit numbers your line needs to be bad. It's similar to how Crosby always has a high turnover rate. When you have the puck all the time you tend to give it away more than others.

I see Komarov as a grittier Rickard Wallin. I expect him to be one and done and back to Europe next year unless he can really step up his play.
Funny that this line is arguably our best. Any stats to show time of possession and number if chances per line? Think you'd find that your analysis is quite off.

The Apologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Alazais

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeeEddie View Post
Funny that this line is arguably our best. Any stats to show time of possession and number if chances per line? Think you'd find that your analysis is quite off.
Well said, and much nicer than I would have said it. I don't understand the logic of some of these people. It's like they're trying to be ridiculous.

Alazais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:40 AM
number72

Komorav makes everyone forget about Schenn

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:43 AM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Komorav makes everyone forget about Schenn
Who?

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:57 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Leo has been earning his keep away from the puck when the team has possession and on the puck when the team doesn't have possession. I've been a fan of his since his first game as a Marlie. He reminds me of Darcy Tucker and its not just because of the skates he wears

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:04 AM
smitty10

Quote:

You see him as a grittier Wallin? Where is this comparison coming from?

Komarov is grittier, faster, younger and has created far more opportunities in his time with the Leafs than Wallin ever did. Not to mention that Wallin is a center and Komarov a winger, but the comparison is a little ridiculous. Komarov is making his presence felt when he's on the ice and is using his strength to create room for his line mates. Each game we've seen him progress and utilize his physicality and defensive play to the fullest. Even if his scoring doesn't translate to the NHL he'll still be a very serviceable 3rd or 4th line winger who can play the PK and jump onto a top 6 line as a filler. Definitely the opposite of a Rickard Wallin who came in and didn't sniff any line but the 4th in his time with the Maple Leafs.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Leading the league in hits is a negative stat IMO. It means when he is on the ice the other team most likely has possession of the puck. In order to rack up hit numbers your line needs to be bad.
Komarov-Kadri-Frattin has been far and away our best line this year and Komarov's relative corsi is 7.6, one of the highest on the team.

Marco Esquandolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

I'm a fan of his. The guy is a hitting machine and can kill penalties.

02-03-2013, 09:17 AM
LeafDangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stallone View Post
Komarov-Kadri-Frattin has been far and away our best line this year and Komarov's relative corsi is 7.6, one of the highest on the team.
I would counter that the sample size is incredibly small at this point and being boosted by a ton of offensive zone starts and easy minutes. That said this is the best defence of him presented so far.

LeafDangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:25 AM
PhiladelphiaKessel
DontCrossthe****Line

Quote:

So much fail in this post

PhiladelphiaKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Just watching the game now and man does he hit heavy.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:29 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
Clean hit?

Are you so biased toward the team you root for you can't tell the difference between obvious interference and a clean hit?

Here's a good tool to help you sort it out: does the player who got hit have the puck? If he doesn't, you probably shouldn't be trumpeting it as "a clean hit."

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Doug Gilmour
Leafer Since '95

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Clean hit?

Are you so biased toward the team you root for you can't tell the difference between obvious interference and a clean hit?

Here's a good tool to help you sort it out: does the player who got hit have the puck? If he doesn't, you probably shouldn't be trumpeting it as "a clean hit."
It definitely should have been called interference.

Anyways, it is nice to have a forward that will hit and not have a defenseman get out of position to make the hit.

Keep it up Komarov.

Doug Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:36 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

the more I see him the more I think to myself what a pairing he and clutterbuck could be THAT would be the makings of a shutdown line.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:39 AM
thewave

Komarov is the best thing to come the leafs way since JVR

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:39 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
I would counter that the sample size is incredibly small at this point and being boosted by a ton of offensive zone starts and easy minutes. That said this is the best defence of him presented so far.
Are you saying you are using a larger sample size?

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote