HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#13 Bruins at Sabres Sun Feb 10 7:00PM ET TV: MSG-B Radio: WGR-AM

Old
02-10-2013, 01:10 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
So, I'm expecting a surprise effort tonight. I hope we at least try. I thought about going to this but I was scared because every time I go, they lose.

Let's go Sabres get it done/

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCryceratops View Post
Tonight, with the way the team is playing, i am expecting the sabres to be slaughtered. If they respond and come up big, tonight, maybe that'll be enough confidence to get things rolling?
It would definitely be pretty huge. A third straight win, coming against a well-rested and dynamic team?

Fire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:20 PM
SabresAreScaryGood
Win jack for Jack!

I was wondering something, and then I confirmed it. The Big Bad Bruins get dominated by Ryan Miller, Vanek and the little weak Sabres.

When Miller starts the last 4 years he is 9-1-3 vs Boston. Vanek more than a point per game. WHy do people act like this is some scary matchup.

SabresAreScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:24 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Myers sitting:

BUFFALO – Tyler Myers, an NHL-worst minus-9 this season, will sit his second straight game tonight, the struggling defenseman told the Times Herald.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Taro Tsujimoto

Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
I'd assume other move would have to be McCormick or Ellis to waivers.
Called it:

Quote:
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Waivers: MacDonald, Joey (DET) Ellis, Matt (BUF)
https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/sta...70602790961152

Taro Tsujimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:32 PM
1point21Gigawatts
hell's a gigawatt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood View Post
I was wondering something, and then I confirmed it. The Big Bad Bruins get dominated by Ryan Miller, Vanek and the little weak Sabres.

When Miller starts the last 4 years he is 9-1-3 vs Boston. Vanek more than a point per game. WHy do people act like this is some scary matchup.
Stats are a great way to try and predict trends, sure, but i personally don't invest too much in certain stats. After the last meeting, i am sure the Bruins feel that they have something to prove. Plus, i think a lot of us will agree that the bruins can be considered a potential cup contender with a lot of fire power and good goaltending. Couple that fact with the sabres listless play, i don't think it's a stretch that some fans are worried about this matchup.

1point21Gigawatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:37 PM
SabresAreScaryGood
Win jack for Jack!

Quote:
Stats are a great way to try and predict trends, sure, but i personally don't invest too much in certain stats. After the last meeting, i am sure the Bruins feel that they have something to prove. Plus, i think a lot of us will agree that the bruins can be considered a potential cup contender with a lot of fire power and good goaltending. Couple that fact with the sabres listless play, i don't think it's a stretch that some fans are worried about this matchup.
Thats fine, but the Sabres kind of own Boston. We beat them 6-0 last season after the Miller vs Lucic thing.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:38 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Myers sitting:

BUFFALO – Tyler Myers, an NHL-worst minus-9 this season, will sit his second straight game tonight, the struggling defenseman told the Times Herald.
Interesting. So if Brennan is sitting...

Weber-Sekera
Sulzer-Ehrhoff
Leopold-Regehr

Hopefully Robyn is ready to do all the work on that pairing...or Leopold and Sulzer could be flipped I suppose.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:42 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Myers sitting:

BUFFALO Tyler Myers, an NHL-worst minus-9 this season, will sit his second straight game tonight, the struggling defenseman told the Times Herald.
Don't get this move. I get scratching him one game to send him a message, but I don't see what benching him a 2nd game does, especially when you're giving Leopold 20+ minutes when his play has been at least as bad if not worse.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

IF Vanek channels is inner bruins hate, we win. If not, we can only hope Stafford finds his inner hate for the Bruins and wins it for us.

I put all my eggs in the Vanek basket.

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Rhett4
Cassidy Must Go

Count me in with the folks not too excited about Myers sitting again. One game sent a message. Two just seems like your highest paid defenseman is falling faster down the depth chart than Luke Adam. They have to get this guy back on track...and soon.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:54 PM
1point21Gigawatts
hell's a gigawatt?

Quote:
Thats fine, but the Sabres kind of own Boston. We beat them 6-0 last season after the Miller vs Lucic thing.
Yeah, that's true we did beat them 6-0, but we also went 2-4 overall against Bruins, last year. Still not a far stretch to expect that trend to continue. Though, i have to acknowledge your point, most of the games (at least half) went into a shootout, or were a difference of two goals (sans the 6-2 bruins, 6-0 sabres games). We aren't that mismatched on any given night.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:55 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Don't get this move. I get scratching him one game to send him a message, but I don't see what benching him a 2nd game does, especially when you're giving Leopold 20+ minutes when his play has been at least as bad if not worse.
Well, the defense played soooo well last night in the win, he didn't want to mess with it.

Leopold needs to sit. Put Myers in, bench Leopold, see if the message is received.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:57 PM
McTank

45 shots against? sit myers again! Idiots

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:59 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
‏@JeremyWGR
Food for thought: looking like #sabres will skate tonight with arguably their two most important pieces for the future - in the press box.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:59 PM
1point21Gigawatts
hell's a gigawatt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
Count me in with the folks not too excited about Myers sitting again. One game sent a message. Two just seems like your highest paid defenseman is falling faster down the depth chart than Luke Adam. They have to get this guy back on track...and soon.
remember how he was benched last year and started playing like a beast immediately after? Imagine how he'll play after sitting 2 games!!!

Seriously, one game was enough. I hope Ruff isn't well on his way toward ruining Myers.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:00 PM
sabrescupchamps2099
Baseball season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
45 shots against? sit myers again! Idiots
Change Myers to Leopold.

I think Myers gets the hint now and he'll play good tonight.

sabrescupchamps2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:04 PM
SabresAreScaryGood
Win jack for Jack!

Quote:
Yeah, that's true we did beat them 6-0, but we also went 2-4 overall against Bruins, last year. Still not a far stretch to expect that trend to continue. Though, i have to acknowledge your point, most of the games (at least half) went into a shootout, or were a difference of two goals (sans the 6-2 bruins, 6-0 sabres games). We aren't that mismatched on any given night.
I think Boston is a much better team, but many people think they dominate us. Honestly, i think Buffalo has a harder time vs weaker teams then the stronger teams. At least thats just my non educated opinion, I have not looked up any stats.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:10 PM
kirby11

I don't really have a problem with grigs sitting this one, esp. considering he's only getting 4th line minutes. He hasn't looked too good lately. I really don't get why myers is still benched and leopold somehow gets 25+ minutes...Sekera/Ehrhoff should be the main minute eaters

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:13 PM
SabresAreScaryGood
Win jack for Jack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
I don't really have a problem with grigs sitting this one, esp. considering he's only getting 4th line minutes. He hasn't looked too good lately. I really don't get why myers is still benched and leopold somehow gets 25+ minutes...Sekera/Ehrhoff should be the main minute eaters
Leo is a plus 3 his last 3 games and Myers is a minus 3. Its probably that simple. Myers will probably be in for Weber soon.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Zip15

vCash: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupchamps2099 View Post
Change Myers to Leopold.

I think Myers gets the hint now and he'll play good tonight.
Leopold has been better of late. The time to sit him has come and gone. (Say nothing for not wanting to potentially diminish his deadline trade value with a healthy scratch on his resume.) If they're going to sit a defenseman based on recent performance, it's Weber, who has been poor the last two games and on the ice for a great majority of the goals against. Also, Boston has a heavy forecheck, and there are few worse players in the league with the puck on their stick in the defensive zone than Mike Weber. I fear Weber is regressing to the player he is more times than not, rather than the strong defensive defenseman he looked like in those first few games after being inserted.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1237
I'm fine with Myers sitting. 2 games off won't kill him, and as far as the team is concerned I don't think it will hurt them tonight either. Myers wouldn't have been the difference with the way he's been going.

I don't expect he'll be sitting much longer.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Right there with you. One game to get his head straight, sure, but don't foist the bull **** game that Leopold is getting night on night as good enough, especially when a fair chunk of the goals against the Leopold-Myers pair are all about Leo's mistakes as much as Myers'. I'm impressed that he can help ruin the kid's confidence AND stay in the lineup as one of their top TOI guys. Mind bogglingly impressive.

02-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Zip15

vCash: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Right there with you. One game to get his head straight, sure, but don't foist the bull **** game that Leopold is getting night on night as good enough, especially when a fair chunk of the goals against the Leopold-Myers pair are all about Leo's mistakes as much as Myers'. I'm impressed that he can help ruin the kid's confidence AND stay in the lineup as one of their top TOI guys. Mind bogglingly impressive.
But the opportunity to scratch Leopold has passed because he's been better of late. I think he got back to his game around the 2nd period of the Ottawa game. A retroactive scratch, though, would be so typically Ruff. Also, is it just a coincidence that Weber started sucking again as soon as he got paired with Myers vs Montreal? Everything Myers touches turns to **** right now, so I have no problem sitting him a second game.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:37 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Leo is a plus 3 his last 3 games and Myers is a minus 3. Its probably that simple. Myers will probably be in for Weber soon.
Weber has been fine this season though. He wasn't great last night, but I suspect Lindy had him overmatched QoC-wise, as he did all of last season, and gave him more minutes than he could really handle. He's a good bottom-pairing player though. And his willingness to throw a check and get involved in scrums is appreciated. I'd hate to see him benched when we have guys who are playing worse.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote