HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Grabovski Will Face Disciplinary Hearing [Reports say: No Suspension]

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Anthrax442

vCash: 551
Grabovski Will Face Disciplinary Hearing [Reports say: No Suspension]

Maple Leafs' Mikhail Grabovski will have a disciplinary hearing with the NHL this afternoon. Sportsnet's Nick Kypreos reporting that this hearing is for what appears to be a biting motion by Grabovski on the arm of Max Pacioretty last night.

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris

I'm told Mikhail Grabovski's discipline hearing is over. As expected, the NHL has decided not to suspend the #leafs centre.

Last edited by Hurt: 02-11-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old
02-10-2013, 09:36 AM
BLeafer2011

vCash: 500
Don't grab someone behind any don't expect to get hurt. He had it coming.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:37 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
if they want to give him anything it better just be a fine...

wtf is grabo suppose to do with patches nasty forearm in his ****** mouth..

Old
02-10-2013, 09:39 AM
12345*

The probably just want to hear what happened. They can't prove it.

Oh well.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:40 AM
maple syrup

Lesson for all Habs: Your hand/arm is not a tooth brush. If you don't want to get bitten, don't put it in. And that concludes class for today 1st graders.

EDIT: On a side note, I wonder if Patches knows what will happen if he puts his arm in a turtles mouth, snakes mouth, bears mouth, sharks mouth, any animals mouth. He can whine and cry to the refs when he sees what happens

Old
02-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Raging Bull

He won't be suspended all he has to do is deny it. There is no clear evidence of any bite.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
We never see Grabo 'chomp down', I would be surprised if there is any suspension involved. Do I think Grabo bit him in that situation, yes, but there isn't good enough video evidence.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:46 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax442 View Post
Maple Leafs' Mikhail Grabovski will have a disciplinary hearing with the NHL this afternoon. Sportsnet's Nick Kypreos reporting that this hearing is for what appears to be a biting motion by Grabovski on the arm of Max Pacioretty last night.
Grabo's defence: He grabbed me from behind across my mouth and nose, I couldn't breathe. I tried frantically to remove his hand and arm but he would not let go. I was scared and reacted because I couldn't breathe.

Apparently suffocating someone isn't worth a suspension.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:46 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
Did MaxPac even bleed?

Old
02-10-2013, 09:48 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
They can't prove it.
Actually, there is a photo that distinctly shows the bite marks. Not to mention video showing the incident. I've always been a Grabo fan, and was sad the day he got traded. But I must say as a fan of the player, I am pretty disappointed in what he did. That being said, I suspect he will only be fined. We all know **** happens during a game, whether arms get in faces or not he shouldn't have bit him, that's just bush league.

Old
david999

I must have seen the video at least 10 times and still can't see any biting. All the whining by the Habs and their fans is forcing the league to investigate. Lousy smurfs!

Old
RtooDtu

I can see him biting down when he was getting dragged down to the ice from behind. But i dont think it was malicious, just a natural reaction. If you are going to fall down you are going to lack your jaw...

Old
02-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Anthrax442

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Grabo's defence: He grabbed me from behind across my mouth and nose, I couldn't breathe. I tried frantically to remove his hand and arm but he would not let go. I was scared and reacted because I couldn't breathe.

I think the action is warranted.

Old
dballislife2

he didn't bite him, his wrist grabbed his teeth

Old
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
Actually, there is a photo that distinctly shows the bite marks. Not to mention video showing the incident. I've always been a Grabo fan, and was sad the day he got traded. But I must say as a fan of the player, I am pretty disappointed in what he did. That being said, I suspect he will only be fined. We all know **** happens during a game, whether arms get in faces or not he shouldn't have bit him, that's just bush league.
There are marks yet no blood. Very, very possible that marks occurred when Pacioretty put his forearm in grabo's mouth and pulled back, into his mouth.

Old
p.l.f.
mvp

he could have cute his hand on his mouthpiece or visor

you think grabovsky has relatives in transalvania?

Old
02-10-2013, 09:51 AM
maple syrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
Did MaxPac even bleed?
No but there was evidence of him crying to the refs. What was he expecting Grabo to do? Suck on his fingers?

Old
Anthrax442

Old
getyourselfsomerest

Quote:
Self-test:
1. Open your mouth
2. Put your forearm against it
3. push back hard

There will be teeth marks and it will turn red and you didn't even bite down. Did he bite down? Maybe. But there's no proof that he actually bit down. Can't even see his mouth. They won't suspend that unless they have 100% proof that Grabo made a biting motion.

Old
Parkdale

Quote:
If you put your arm in someone's mouth from behind and pull back, you will have teeth marks on your arm. There is no video of a biting action on the replays that I saw.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:52 AM
birddog*

Quote:
I'd bite your arm if you tried to smoother me. Apparent;y there is no suspension for suffocating someone. It's only sad that Grabo didn't bite him harder. I lost a lot of respect for Gallagher, Prust and MaxPac last night. It was a cheap move to hold Grabo from behind when he was engaged with your goon Prust. But I guess your goons weren't winning any fights against fighters -- so they went after non-fighters. Gutless acts from a team down 6-0 and now they are trying to place blame on others after starting it.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:53 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post

That was my take on it. You put your forearm over someone's mouth and nose and squeeze not letting them go.

If this happened outside of hockey, I wonder what you would call it?

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
02-10-2013, 09:53 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
There are marks yet no blood. Very, very possible that marks occurred when Pacioretty put his forearm in grabo's mouth and pulled back, into his mouth.
Does a bite require blood? If a dog comes over and bites a child but does not break skin is that not still considered a bite? The answer is no, it's still a bite.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:54 AM
EDDIE20*

Ridiculous. First off, you have to be pretty stupid to put your forearm in someone's mouth. What did Pacioretty expect?

Old
02-10-2013, 09:54 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Does a bite require blood? If a dog comes over and bites a child but does not break skin is that not still considered a bite? The answer is no, it's still a bite.
maybe it's the fact patch is ****** pressing his weak forearm into grabos mouth

Closed Thread