HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabovski Will Face Disciplinary Hearing [Reports say: No Suspension]

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 03:07 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
Prior to grabbing Gionta, Orr attempts to throw his gloves down anticipating a fight (which he had every right to expect given Gionta's reaction to his attempted hit on Plekanec). Only the right glove comes off but it is clearly visible.

Frankly, I don't know what to say if you can't see it. Take off the rose coloured glasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
Orrs gloves were off to put a little pounding on Gionta i would hope. I don't think he would just pound him mercilessly though. A couple shots would have been enough as McLaren showed with Georges.

Georges yapping after though looks like he might just have asked for more,and next time McLaren i'm thinkin won't let him off the hook as much.

Thats exactly what happens to soft teams.The Wilson era here was nothing but the same stuff for our players.I like the shoe better on this foot.
I'm not sure were even arguing the same thing here...

Old
02-10-2013, 03:08 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Censored23 View Post
Boy oh boy, i cant wait for the end of the hearing when its announced no suspension or fine. Habs fans are gonna lose their ****ing minds...again.
Why? I don't expect a single thing, not even a fine...

Old
02-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Pi

Quote:
Boy oh boy, i cant wait for the end of the hearing when its announced no suspension or fine. Habs fans are gonna lose their ****ing minds...again.
Don't be so sure.

Shanahan is VERY inconsistent..Burrows bite? No suspension.

This might just be a game to please the whiners..

If it is a suspension, the Leafs better take it up to the league. It's clear as day that it shouldn't be a suspension.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:09 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Anyone know when the announcement regarding Grabos punishment will happen? tonight? tomorrow?

Old
02-10-2013, 03:10 PM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Do you agree Gionta skated in his direction and looked at him though? Its clear what Orr percieved it as, I never argued that. I'm arguing if Gionta actually challenged him. There's a difference.
Then, yes, I think he did. Maybe not intentionally but a challenge nonetheless.

I think the majority of NHLers would react exactly how Orr did.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:12 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

When did I argue otherwise? I even said for other part I don't blame bourque for doing what he had to do and don't blame Orr for the punch.

It's not my fault people see "habs fan!!!" and get on guard...

Old
02-10-2013, 03:13 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Anyone know when the announcement regarding Grabos punishment will happen? tonight? tomorrow?
Most likely tonight. I can't imagine it would take that much review...

Old
02-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Shanty
Just chip and chase.

Quote:
When did I argue otherwise? I even said for other part I don't blame bourque for doing what he had to do and don't blame Orr for the punch.

Please be aware we don't all do that. Most of us know you're being VERY objective for a pretty harsh rival fan.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:17 PM
THHT

After watching the video replay several times, I'll outline what I see is happening:

1) Big scrum is happening. At this point, everyone's adrenaline and breathing is pumping like crazy all at varying degrees of nearing hyperventilation. Because they're struggling so much, they need to consume more oxygen to function properly. The problem is worsened because they're in such a close proximity to other players in hockey gear that breathing normal amounts of air is even more difficult, let alone in a situation where you're struggling so much.

2) At the height of Grabo's struggle (he starts to grab at Prust), Pacioretty (holding Grabo from behind) wraps his entire hand/wrist/inner forearm around Grabo's head, clearly overtop of his mouth/nose. Pacioretty clamps down hard but also starts pulling Grabo's head around awkwardly. Grabo, not being able to predict someone would grab him in such a way, had no way of prepping/breathing in more air before it happened. Grabo finally realizes this is happening and moves his hands/arms to grab the offending arm away from his face, but since Pacioretty has it clamped down, Grabo is having difficulty moving it away.

3) Grabo panics because he's not able to breathe and does what most people would do in that situation, do whatever it takes to get that arm away from him. So he bites him.

I'm doubtless he bit him, but the question is whether or not it was justified. With what is clear from observations above and the resulting panic and biting, I would say he was justified (just enough) to not warrant any disciplinary action. Pacioretty should not have grabbed Grabo's head from behind in such a way that would suffocate him or hamper his breathing in any way and nor should he have pulled Grabo's head backwards. Pacioretty also would not let go and that was another bad move. Had he let Grabo go, Grabo would not have felt it necessary to bite him, which was clearly a case of panic under a position where Grabo's airways are being blocked.

Had Grabo been able to prep/breathe in more air before Pacioretty blocked his airways, things would have been different, but since Grabo cannot see Pacioretty's arm moving in for a headlock, Grabo can't.

However, biting is only justified in places where there are no rules (street fight or in a situation where your life is in danger). No, Grabo's life was not in danger, but the question becomes if you can blame him when his air is cut off and decides to do one of the few things he can.

Should be interesting to see what happens.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Lshap

Quote:
I'm a Habs fan. I'm not expecting a fine and don't really care, to be honest. Some of the players let their frustration make them stupid, which I understand but don't excuse. Nobody was injured. Congratulations on the win. Onto the next game.

If characterizing Montreal fans is important to you, I'm sure you can find a few who'll rage and rant, just as I can find Leaf fans who are apparently posting from the Elephant Room in their daycare. Not sure what point is made by doing that.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Nashty

vCash: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
Bourque did the right thing, good on him for sticking up for a teammate. Orr lost respect from me, for a guy of Orr's size to do what he did to Gionta in the first place. I would be ashamed if our goon did that to a guy half his size
LOL

You realize Gionta that short ****er grabbed Orr's stick and threw it right? Get that through your head, honestly. Every time someone says that to you, you just ignore it and keep barking about something irrelevant. Secondly, Grabo didn't bite Patches, his mouth was open and the big baby was pulling his face back, try it on yourself, you'll get bite marks. Thirdly, if our little guy threw your "goons" stick away, what would you expect? Him to take it like a little *****? Thats the difference between Toronto and Montreal, you **** with us and we'll **** you up.

Joke of a fan base, honestly. Go to your own boards if you're just gonna come here to stir the pot. You guys are irrelevant in Toronto. Enjoy the beating you get on the 27th as well though, see ya.

edit: wait, after the "bite" I'm pretty sure Pacioretty told Grabovski he's going to kill him... I really hope Grabo can get some lawyers involved, because as far as I'm concerned that is a threat to his life.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:26 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Quote:

This^. The fact remains the same though, even though Orr threw off his gloves he was only pinning Gionta down, if Orr was going to fight Gionta then he would have thrown his fist and Gionta would have been done. Bourque jumped in like a baffoon and got clocked like one.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I'm a Habs fan. I'm not expecting a fine and don't really care, to be honest. Some of the players let their frustration make them stupid, which I understand but don't excuse. Nobody was injured. Congratulations on the win. Onto the next game.

If characterizing Montreal fans is important to you, I'm sure you can find a few who'll rage and rant, just as I can find Leaf fans who are apparently posting from the Elephant Room in their daycare. Not sure what point is made by doing that.
Had Prust kept his emotions in check last night, none of this would have happened. Unfortunatley it looks like he's as much a headcase as Ryan White and his plan blew up in his face.

Anyway thanks for the grats. It was a fun game to watch.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:27 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Ooooh, that reminds me The Walking Dead starts back tonight...thank god there's no important games tonight.
I didn't even know; thanks for the heads up!

Old
02-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Lilou
t-.-t

I want that worthless POS Therrien to stand up and call out Prust. If he can call out Ryan White for going mental on the ice then he should put Prust in the doghouse for causing last nights bloodbath.

I rewatched his whiny post game interview and all I heard was waah waah waah. This man does not want to take responsibility for his teams actions. It's always the oppositions fault.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:34 PM
htpwn

Quote:

Our disconnect likely lies with your initial post/point, where you argued the following:

Quote:
I'm surprised people feel gionta challenged Orr. All he did was skate in his direction. He probably wanted to say something regarding the hit attempt but I think it's a stretch to say he engaged Orr. I don't think that's a crazy opinion.
Posters that are/have been arguing that Gionta "engaged" or "challenged" Orr, myself included, are not just doing so in a vacuum. It is brought up as a counter-point to many Habs and other fans who feel that Orr was out of line for fighting the much smaller, gentler Brian Gionta.

If you agree that Orr's reaction was both expected and a common one, do you also agree that his scrap was justified?

Quote:
Again, I won't tell you what to believe but I do find it a stretch to suggest Orr was justified in starting with gionta because gionta looked at him, know what I mean? It's gionta ffs lol
Because I don't see how you can hold both positions. Either Orr reacted as one would expect or he is out-of-line to fight Gionta?

Old
02-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
They whine so much. I can't believe it.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:38 PM
The Mentalist
A Hockey Mentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
Yeah, with all this talk about various Leafs doing whatever awful crimes against humanity, they all just look past the fact that Gorges is only alive because Mclaren allowed him to live.
If Gorges was Prust or Moen, Mclaren wouldn't have been so nice. CODE.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:38 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
the habs board is a ****** joke..

6-0

enjoy

Old
02-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Pi

BTW people Orr is no goon, he's a hockey player that had a point last night.

Subban's defensive coverage was legendary. When the scrums started, he was a warrior...quickly went a picked out a non fighter so he could show his teammates he was involved with somebody.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:43 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
LOL

You realize Gionta that short ****er grabbed Orr's stick and threw it right? Get that through your head, honestly. Every time someone says that to you, you just ignore it and keep barking about something irrelevant. Secondly, Grabo didn't bite Patches, his mouth was open and the big baby was pulling his face back, try it on yourself, you'll get bite marks. Thirdly, if our little guy threw your "goons" stick away, what would you expect? Him to take it like a little *****? Thats the difference between Toronto and Montreal, you **** with us and we'll **** you up.

Joke of a fan base, honestly. Go to your own boards if you're just gonna come here to stir the pot. You guys are irrelevant in Toronto. Enjoy the beating you get on the 27th as well though, see ya.

edit: wait, after the "bite" I'm pretty sure Pacioretty told Grabovski he's going to kill him... I really hope Grabo can get some lawyers involved, because as far as I'm concerned that is a threat to his life.

I don't understand. Is it gionta or Plekanec? It seems people change story depending on what they wanna prove. I was told by a leafs fan it was plekanec.

Old
THHT

As I post the better angled replay below, I don't think any disciplinary action should be given to either player. Pacioretty probably didn't know he was cutting off Grabo's air and I doubt he did it on purpose. Intent is everything and I doubt any player in the league goes out to suffocate players. Face washes are generally harmless, but Pacioretty took the next step and he messed it up. Grabo panicked and reacted earlier than he should have, but he has his justifications in a random occurrence like that.

Old
Erdinger

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
BTW people Orr is no goon, he's a hockey player that had a point last night.

Subban's defensive coverage was legendary. When the scrums started, he was a warrior...quickly went a picked out a non fighter so he could show his teammates he was involved with somebody.
Good to see he did something last night other than punching a Leafs player in the biscuits. PK is a great character but he is over-rated as a D-man.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:49 PM
The Lollipop King
4th Line = all heart

I really dont think Grabo bit him, honestly if Grabo bit down he would have drawn blood. The teeth marks are a result of *****oretty jamming his forearm into Grabo's mouth.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Erdinger

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by THHT View Post
As I post the better angled replay below, I don't think any disciplinary action should be given to either player. Pacioretty probably didn't know he was cutting off Grabo's air and I doubt he did it on purpose. Intent is everything and I doubt any player in the league goes out to suffocate players. Face washes are generally harmless, but Pacioretty took the next step and he messed it up. Grabo panicked and reacted earlier than he should have, but he has his justifications in a random occurrence like that.

Looks like he's trying to chloroform Grabovski.

Closed Thread