HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabovski Will Face Disciplinary Hearing [Reports say: No Suspension]

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Budsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
Expect Molson to send threats of sponsorship pullouts.
That will tic off Bell and they will close the "Bell Center"

Next time Pacioretty and Grabovski meet, Grabo should tell him Bite Me, maybe Komarov will.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Asif16*

HAHAHAAH No fine either??? **** YOU HABS!! WHINERS! I wanna see their ****ing interviews now. What you wanna say about it now?? Hahah

Old
02-11-2013, 12:39 PM
kingstwitterguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2e View Post
I knew their claim didn't have any teeth to it.
boom

Old
02-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Silver91
Agent 0091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
If you had seen the Gardiner I saw recently, he is not an upgrade to any of the D men on the main roster right now. He has the talent but has clearly regressed due to circumstances.

Colborne and Ashton are knocking at the door, don't be surprised if these 2 are called up if there is room on the roster.
I agree, I don't see who Carlyle takes out from the D right now. Fraser and Holzer are playing strong defensive hockey and sticking up for teammates, Franson has been producing, really only Kostka hasn't been playing at the top of his game, but he's been reliable and done nothing to lose a spot either...At this point even Gunnarson doesn't have a way back in until someone plays their way out of a spot.

Colborne and Ashton, I haven't seen play so can't really comment on, but unless we're strapped for offensive players on the Leafs due to injuries, I think Hamilton still has first crack at a callup.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Budsfan

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2013/...ng_pacioretty/

Complete run down.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Tommy Torini
Hell of a thing baby

No suspension of course. Good to hear.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Federko

Quote:
We need a shut down Center who is on a 31 point pace, we move up Mcclement with Kule and Ashton, wait for Colborne to be ready, which from my observations is very soon, and trade the corsi fake stats Grabo for a pick or prospect, jettison that awful contract. That's what I would do, trade him to the Canadiens where he can have a bite with his former teammates.
I am also disappointed in Grabo's stats thus far - but if we trade him..he'll end up killing us, and turn into a star. Just wait it out man... look at Kuli last year... Grabs needs to find a line he has chemistry with before we judge him.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:14 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Hawks Offseason WOAT

I can't believe this even went as far as a hearing. Pacioretty deserved what he got. Hopefully he learned his lesson and won't be stupid enough to grab at someone's face like that again.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:15 PM
stakesishigh
how swede it is

vCash: 1857
It makes me laugh how well the Habs fans and players completely distracted attention from a 6-0 blowout at home to continuously whine and complain about this.

They're masters of smokescreens. Pacioretty even continues to talk about it to the media saying he got a tetanus shot.

Instead of admitting they played a poor game, they have to find any and every reason as to what we did wrong and complain that we're happy about a big division win.

I would've been amazed if Grabovski got suspended for this moronic crap, but no, we're gonna have to keep hearing about this garbage for days to come.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:16 PM
legendinblue
NHL in Seattle

Good, not that I expected him to get anything.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by stakesishigh View Post
It makes me laugh how well the Habs fans and players completely distracted attention from a 6-0 blowout at home to continuously whine and complain about this.

They're masters of smokescreens. Pacioretty even continues to talk about it to the media saying he got a tetanus shot.

Instead of admitting they played a poor game, they have to find any and every reason as to what we did wrong and complain that we're happy about a big division win.

I would've been amazed if Grabovski got suspended for this moronic crap, but no, we're gonna have to keep hearing about this garbage for days to come.
SO true. They got demolished in every facet of the game, but specifically on the scoreboard. And now they whine about biting and knockouts to cover up the fact that their team is ****.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:21 PM
deuce457

I dont condone biting, but at the same time, if my hands are being held down, and you shove your sweaty bare hand in or around my mouth and I want it out there, what is the only way to get you to move your hand? The answer is bite it.

If you dont want to get your hand bit, keep it out of someones mouth, its plain and simple. If grabovski did what Pacioretti did, I would not care, I would say he deserved it for putting himself in that situation. End of story.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Brymas McCaberle

Habs fans logic: "There is no conclusive evidence that Grabs bit Patch...But Grabs really bit Patch! Wah Wah Wah"

Old
02-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

LOL. you never disappoint.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:26 PM
FireEverybody*

I for one can't wait to see Grabo smashing Patches.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:27 PM
sangreale

Quote:
Originally Posted by stakesishigh View Post

Exactly my thoughts on this. But to tell the truth I am not sure what happened to them. I expected a better game. That was a shocker. Beautiful. But a shocker nonetheless.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Epoch

I love it, though. Just more salt in the wound for Montreal.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:34 PM
tacoburrito

for those of you who can see this.. the chat going on here is just hilarious...https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5736054&type=1

Old
02-11-2013, 01:34 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
I should have qualified it , "People in Toronto with taste..."
LOL so true.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:35 PM
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive View Post
I am also disappointed in Grabo's stats thus far - but if we trade him..he'll end up killing us, and turn into a star. Just wait it out man... look at Kuli last year... Grabs needs to find a line he has chemistry with before we judge him.
He's 29, there is probably not much more he can show us that we haven't seen already, I sort of saw this coming, shut down C or top 6 C under Ronnie is alot different than most regular NHL coaches.

Grabo had optimal conditions to pad stats here under Ronnie, it's no surprise he is less than a 50 point center under normal coaching where defence is stressed. But 34 point pace added onto his last 10 games, 3 points last year for Caryle when new systems were introduced. 31 pt pace, like I said all along, he is not the ideal #2C on a good team. #3C maybe, but a top 6C is required to not only shut down the opposition, which he does only at times, but provide secondary scoring.

Grabo is not cutting it at 5 points for 5.5M per season right now, really obscured point with Grabo going all chewy in Montreal. If we start losing, fingers will be pointed at his lack of production. You can't get away from this much longer, players on the Marlies are pushing for jobs, and the new Mgt are not hesitant in calling up players.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
He's 29, there is probably not much more he can show us that we haven't seen already, I sort of saw this coming, shut down C or top 6 C under Ronnie is alot different than most regular NHL coaches.

Grabo had optimal conditions to pad stats here under Ronnie, it's no surprise he is less than a 50 point center under normal coaching where defence is stressed. But 34 point pace added onto his last 10 games, 3 points last year for Caryle when new systems were introduced. 31 pt pace, like I said all along, he is not the ideal #2C on a good team. #3C maybe, but a top 6C is required to not only shut down the opposition, which he does only at times, but provide secondary scoring.

Grabo is not cutting it at 5 points for 5.5M per season right now, really obscured point with Grabo going all chewy in Montreal. If we start losing, fingers will be pointed at his lack of production. You can't get away from this much longer, players on the Marlies are pushing for jobs, and the new Mgt are not hesitant in calling up players.
so tell me why you think RC likes him so much? is he being fooled too? are you the ONLY one who knows the truth about MG? or do you think RC is being pressured to play him because of his salary? we know RC is a puppet like that...

see if you can do it without repeating for the 21st time today his salary or point pace, but tell me why does RC like him so much?

Old
02-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Anthrax442

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brymas McCaberle View Post
Habs fans logic: "There is no conclusive evidence that Grabs bit Patch...But Grabs really bit Patch! Wah Wah Wah"

Old
02-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Joey Hoser

Quote:

Not cutting it at 5 points for 5.5M per season right now, really obscured point with Grabo going all chewy in Montreal.
The problem with your argument(using a 22 game sample size) is that if he goes on a tear and score 8-10 points in the next 5-6 games, Grabovski becomes one of the better second line centers in the league(while the sample size increases).

Would you then agree that he is a good #2?

Old
02-11-2013, 01:46 PM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce457 View Post
I dont condone biting, but at the same time, if my hands are being held down, and you shove your sweaty bare hand in or around my mouth and I want it out there, what is the only way to get you to move your hand? The answer is bite it.

If you dont want to get your hand bit, keep it out of someones mouth, its plain and simple. If grabovski did what Pacioretti did, I would not care, I would say he deserved it for putting himself in that situation. End of story.
This is the correct answer.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:47 PM
KuleminFan41

What I find funny is all the butt hurt fans who can't stop saying"1967!! zmogZ lawz!!!!" ...honestly does that even make any sense to bring up in a discussion about a 6-0 loss or someone not bitting another player?lol

Closed Thread