HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Grabovski Will Face Disciplinary Hearing [Reports say: No Suspension]

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Maybe Habs fans should be in a tizzy over what a horrible team they have!
They should call 911 and accuse the Montreal Canadiens Management for defrauding the Fans.

Exhibit A - The team the put on the ice is infact not an NHL team, but C division beer league team from Drummondville
Exhibit B - The team the put on the ice is infact not grown men, but little boys

Old
02-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
I'm quite clearly not arguing that. Your argument was largly based on his production since RC came became coach, and I am questioning that basis.

You expect all these things out of anyone who is considered a top six player? That's ridiculous. Take a look around the league and see how many teams have 6 guys in their top six who do all of that.

Why are you putting words in my mouth? You don't even know what I think of Grabovski. I could agree entirely that he isn't a good #2, but your argument is crap and that's what I'm trying to tell you.
I expect a top 6 Center or fwd to have more than 5 points in 12 games, or 3 in 10 last year when RC instituted his system away from Ron and Gun. I think most want more out of Grabo, not sure how anyone can disagree with this?

Old
02-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Epoch

Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC

Grabovski being smothered in the scrum by Pacioretty's arm. What would you do to breathe? Right. Case closed.

Old
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demuskokafication View Post
Grabo doesn't need shops. All of his pictures are just naturally funny and auto troll material.

I want someone to photoshop a Hannibal Lecter mask on him.

Old
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Glad to see Grapes going right on this one. Usually, he wouldn't openly support a Euro.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Sportserie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Non Issue......it was not an act of aggression, it was an act of self defense. Guy is clawing your face with his arm over your mouth, you are not left with many options when you can not move your arms.

There was no way that he was going to ever get anything.
Exactly. This is coming from an unbiased person since my teams are the Wild and Pens. I am shocked he even had a hearing. Insane. It was self defense all the way. I'm shocked Tetanus shot boy doesn't get a hearing for false accusations or being the instigator in the first place.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:25 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
Glad to see Grapes going right on this one. Usually, he wouldn't openly support a Euro.
LOL... well he doesn't exactly like the french either (Habs)

Lesser of two evils

Old
02-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
The block feature does wonders. I just wish it would block quotes too
too comical to block

Old
02-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC

Grabovski being smothered in the scrum by Pacioretty's arm. What would you do to breathe? Right. Case closed.
Impressive that he spelt the names correctly. I'm surprised it's not "Gaberovskeeeee" or "Pachieretti".

Old
02-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Interactif

Grabo was born in Poland, wonder how many knew this. What did Archie Bunker call Meathead, Pulock. Hope we draft him.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Grabo was born in Poland, wonder how many knew this. What did Archie Bunker call Meathead, Pulock. Hope we draft him.
Grabo was born in Germany.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
I wouldn't use the words like, more RC is using the players that Nonis has provided him. Not sure if RC liked Kostka as much as he had no one better to use. As our pool of players gets better, we will move in a #2 shut down C, or a better option than Kostka. Though to be fair to Kostka he is not only meeting expectations but exceeding them at 600K per. Grabo on the otherhand is not at 5.5, 2nd biggest salary on the team, is he?
knew you couldn't do it without spewing the same crap about salary.

he doesn't like him? he has no other options? got a team full of centers why doesn't he give them the ice time MG gets? why isn't someone else out there against the other teams top offensive forwards? why isn't someone else, with a cheaper salary and better point per dollar ratio, taking his spot?

IMO he's the second most valuable forward dressing right now. seems right he should be the second highest paid. But, of course, I don't have nearly as much hockey knowledge as you. I can't even put a line up together that RC would use.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:35 PM
dimi78

Quote:
I was making an observation, I don't think anyone would argue you need more production from your 2nd highest paid player.

There is a reason why you are being paid as a top 6 C, ideally secondary scoring in addition to playmaking, PK, PP, leadership, or other intangibles.

You think he is doing this?
Yes he is for the role he's playing. He's been asked to play as the Teams checking line center and is doing a great job of it at both ends of the ice. I've said it before to you coaches don't care what a player makes it's about TEAM and that's what Grabo has bought into similar to the great J. Staal when he was on Pittsburgh that role comes with less offensive production.

Having said that his production is still at a pace he's given the team in the past so what is the real issue you have with Grabo? Could it be it has nothing to do with what he's doing on the ice and ignoring his play cause you have this opinion he's payed too much clouding yourself from noticing his play because of that and that alone?

Here's some advice let the GM worry about contracts and what players get payed and start to view this team as a coach instead you'll learn to appreciate why not one but 2 head coaches LOVE Grabovski and what he brings to the team.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:36 PM
jimmycarter

better luck next whine "patches"

Old
02-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
lol. who cares what "grapes" thinks?

Old
02-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
Impressive that he spelt the names correctly. I'm surprised it's not "Gaberovskeeeee" or "Pachieretti".
doubt he sends his own tweets.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:39 PM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
Yes he is for the role he's playing. He's been asked to play as the Teams checking line center and is doing a great job of it at both ends of the ice. I've said it before to you coaches don't care what a player makes it's about TEAM and that's what Grabo has bought into similar to the great J. Staal when he was on Pittsburgh that role comes with less offensive production.

Having said that his production is still at a pace he's given the team in the past so what is the real issue you have with Grabo? Could it be it has nothing to do with what he's doing on the ice and ignoring his play cause you have this opinion he's payed too much clouding yourself from noticing his play because of that and that alone?

Here's some advice let the GM worry about contracts and what players get payed and start to view this team as a coach instead you'll learn to appreciate why not one but 2 head coaches LOVE Grabovski and what he brings to the team.
Well said.

Hell, if Grabovski is overpaid and underproducing or whatever, what's Ovechkin's excuse? Is OV earning his overblown salary at the moment? Grabovski is not a worry right now.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post

he just told me the coaches don't like him, but have no other options.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:42 PM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 274
Quote:
Spelled. Spelled the names correctly.

Spelt is dinkel wheat. Which is awesome in of itself. I am gonna start calling people dinkel wheat cuz it sounds dirty.

Anyway, glad he is in for tonight. Some Philly Steak is coming into town.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
It was said the habs sent in pictures so I'd assume so.

The result isn't surprising and I'm okay with it.
Ah thanks for that.

02-11-2013, 02:45 PM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
It was said the habs sent in pictures so I'd assume so.

The result isn't surprising and I'm okay with it.
The Habs should've sent in pictures of Gorges' reaction.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by crump View Post
Spelled. Spelled the names correctly.

Spelt is dinkel wheat. Which is awesome in of itself. I am gonna start calling people dinkel wheat cuz it sounds dirty.
Quote:
spelt
1 [spelt] Show IPA
verb
a simple past tense and past participle of spell.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spelt

Old
02-11-2013, 02:50 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:

Curious

for the quickscopers-- yes, the British version, I know

Old
02-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post

Curious

for the quickscopers-- yes, the British version, I know
Quote:
Curious indeed.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67 View Post
knew you couldn't do it without spewing the same crap about salary.

he doesn't like him? he has no other options? got a team full of centers why doesn't he give them the ice time MG gets? why isn't someone else out there against the other teams top offensive forwards? why isn't someone else, with a cheaper salary and better point per dollar ratio, taking his spot?

IMO he's the second most valuable forward dressing right now. seems right he should be the second highest paid. But, of course, I don't have nearly as much hockey knowledge as you. I can't even put a line up together that RC would use.
Why is salary non consequential? It's a very important factor in the new NHL.

Closed Thread