HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Grabovski Will Face Disciplinary Hearing [Reports say: No Suspension]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2013, 02:20 PM
  #676
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Maybe Habs fans should be in a tizzy over what a horrible team they have!
They should call 911 and accuse the Montreal Canadiens Management for defrauding the Fans.

Exhibit A - The team the put on the ice is infact not an NHL team, but C division beer league team from Drummondville
Exhibit B - The team the put on the ice is infact not grown men, but little boys

Leo Trollmarov is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:21 PM
  #677
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
I'm quite clearly not arguing that. Your argument was largly based on his production since RC came became coach, and I am questioning that basis.



You expect all these things out of anyone who is considered a top six player? That's ridiculous. Take a look around the league and see how many teams have 6 guys in their top six who do all of that.



Why are you putting words in my mouth? You don't even know what I think of Grabovski. I could agree entirely that he isn't a good #2, but your argument is crap and that's what I'm trying to tell you.
I expect a top 6 Center or fwd to have more than 5 points in 12 games, or 3 in 10 last year when RC instituted his system away from Ron and Gun. I think most want more out of Grabo, not sure how anyone can disagree with this?

Interactif is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:23 PM
  #678
Epoch
Registered User
 
Epoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,112
vCash: 500
Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC

Grabovski being smothered in the scrum by Pacioretty's arm. What would you do to breathe? Right. Case closed.

Epoch is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:23 PM
  #679
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demuskokafication View Post
Grabo doesn't need shops. All of his pictures are just naturally funny and auto troll material.

I want someone to photoshop a Hannibal Lecter mask on him.

TonsofPuppies* is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:23 PM
  #680
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,972
vCash: 140
Glad to see Grapes going right on this one. Usually, he wouldn't openly support a Euro.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:24 PM
  #681
Sportserie
Registered User
 
Sportserie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OH/PA/MN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Non Issue......it was not an act of aggression, it was an act of self defense. Guy is clawing your face with his arm over your mouth, you are not left with many options when you can not move your arms.

There was no way that he was going to ever get anything.
Exactly. This is coming from an unbiased person since my teams are the Wild and Pens. I am shocked he even had a hearing. Insane. It was self defense all the way. I'm shocked Tetanus shot boy doesn't get a hearing for false accusations or being the instigator in the first place.

Sportserie is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:25 PM
  #682
topched
Registered User
 
topched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
Glad to see Grapes going right on this one. Usually, he wouldn't openly support a Euro.
LOL... well he doesn't exactly like the french either (Habs)

Lesser of two evils

topched is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:29 PM
  #683
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
The block feature does wonders. I just wish it would block quotes too
too comical to block

Patty Lee is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:33 PM
  #684
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Leafsdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,352
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC

Grabovski being smothered in the scrum by Pacioretty's arm. What would you do to breathe? Right. Case closed.
Impressive that he spelt the names correctly. I'm surprised it's not "Gaberovskeeeee" or "Pachieretti".

Leafsdude7 is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:33 PM
  #685
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,755
vCash: 500
Grabo was born in Poland, wonder how many knew this. What did Archie Bunker call Meathead, Pulock. Hope we draft him.

Interactif is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:34 PM
  #686
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Leafsdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,352
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Grabo was born in Poland, wonder how many knew this. What did Archie Bunker call Meathead, Pulock. Hope we draft him.
Grabo was born in Germany.

Leafsdude7 is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:35 PM
  #687
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I wouldn't use the words like, more RC is using the players that Nonis has provided him. Not sure if RC liked Kostka as much as he had no one better to use. As our pool of players gets better, we will move in a #2 shut down C, or a better option than Kostka. Though to be fair to Kostka he is not only meeting expectations but exceeding them at 600K per. Grabo on the otherhand is not at 5.5, 2nd biggest salary on the team, is he?
knew you couldn't do it without spewing the same crap about salary.

he doesn't like him? he has no other options? got a team full of centers why doesn't he give them the ice time MG gets? why isn't someone else out there against the other teams top offensive forwards? why isn't someone else, with a cheaper salary and better point per dollar ratio, taking his spot?

IMO he's the second most valuable forward dressing right now. seems right he should be the second highest paid. But, of course, I don't have nearly as much hockey knowledge as you. I can't even put a line up together that RC would use.

Patty Lee is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:35 PM
  #688
dimi78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I was making an observation, I don't think anyone would argue you need more production from your 2nd highest paid player.

There is a reason why you are being paid as a top 6 C, ideally secondary scoring in addition to playmaking, PK, PP, leadership, or other intangibles.

You think he is doing this?
Yes he is for the role he's playing. He's been asked to play as the Teams checking line center and is doing a great job of it at both ends of the ice. I've said it before to you coaches don't care what a player makes it's about TEAM and that's what Grabo has bought into similar to the great J. Staal when he was on Pittsburgh that role comes with less offensive production.

Having said that his production is still at a pace he's given the team in the past so what is the real issue you have with Grabo? Could it be it has nothing to do with what he's doing on the ice and ignoring his play cause you have this opinion he's payed too much clouding yourself from noticing his play because of that and that alone?

Here's some advice let the GM worry about contracts and what players get payed and start to view this team as a coach instead you'll learn to appreciate why not one but 2 head coaches LOVE Grabovski and what he brings to the team.

dimi78 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:36 PM
  #689
jimmycarter
Registered User
 
jimmycarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,883
vCash: 500
better luck next whine "patches"

jimmycarter is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:37 PM
  #690
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
Glad to see Grapes going right on this one. Usually, he wouldn't openly support a Euro.
lol. who cares what "grapes" thinks?

Patty Lee is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:38 PM
  #691
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
Impressive that he spelt the names correctly. I'm surprised it's not "Gaberovskeeeee" or "Pachieretti".
doubt he sends his own tweets.

Patty Lee is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:39 PM
  #692
EDDIE20*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
Yes he is for the role he's playing. He's been asked to play as the Teams checking line center and is doing a great job of it at both ends of the ice. I've said it before to you coaches don't care what a player makes it's about TEAM and that's what Grabo has bought into similar to the great J. Staal when he was on Pittsburgh that role comes with less offensive production.

Having said that his production is still at a pace he's given the team in the past so what is the real issue you have with Grabo? Could it be it has nothing to do with what he's doing on the ice and ignoring his play cause you have this opinion he's payed too much clouding yourself from noticing his play because of that and that alone?

Here's some advice let the GM worry about contracts and what players get payed and start to view this team as a coach instead you'll learn to appreciate why not one but 2 head coaches LOVE Grabovski and what he brings to the team.
Well said.

Hell, if Grabovski is overpaid and underproducing or whatever, what's Ovechkin's excuse? Is OV earning his overblown salary at the moment? Grabovski is not a worry right now.

EDDIE20* is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:40 PM
  #693
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
Yes he is for the role he's playing. He's been asked to play as the Teams checking line center and is doing a great job of it at both ends of the ice. I've said it before to you coaches don't care what a player makes it's about TEAM and that's what Grabo has bought into similar to the great J. Staal when he was on Pittsburgh that role comes with less offensive production.

Having said that his production is still at a pace he's given the team in the past so what is the real issue you have with Grabo? Could it be it has nothing to do with what he's doing on the ice and ignoring his play cause you have this opinion he's payed too much clouding yourself from noticing his play because of that and that alone?

Here's some advice let the GM worry about contracts and what players get payed and start to view this team as a coach instead you'll learn to appreciate why not one but 2 head coaches LOVE Grabovski and what he brings to the team.
he just told me the coaches don't like him, but have no other options.

Patty Lee is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:42 PM
  #694
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
 
crump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ontariariario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,982
vCash: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
Impressive that he spelt the names correctly. I'm surprised it's not "Gaberovskeeeee" or "Pachieretti".
Spelled. Spelled the names correctly.

Spelt is dinkel wheat. Which is awesome in of itself. I am gonna start calling people dinkel wheat cuz it sounds dirty.

Anyway, glad he is in for tonight. Some Philly Steak is coming into town.

crump is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:42 PM
  #695
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
It was said the habs sent in pictures so I'd assume so.

The result isn't surprising and I'm okay with it.
Ah thanks for that.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:45 PM
  #696
EDDIE20*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
It was said the habs sent in pictures so I'd assume so.

The result isn't surprising and I'm okay with it.
The Habs should've sent in pictures of Gorges' reaction.

EDDIE20* is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:50 PM
  #697
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Leafsdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,352
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by crump View Post
Spelled. Spelled the names correctly.

Spelt is dinkel wheat. Which is awesome in of itself. I am gonna start calling people dinkel wheat cuz it sounds dirty.
Quote:
spelt
1 [spelt] Show IPA
verb
a simple past tense and past participle of spell.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spelt


Leafsdude7 is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:50 PM
  #698
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...
 
ForzaZuffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
Impressive that he spelt the names correctly. I'm surprised it's not "Gaberovskeeeee" or "Pachieretti".


Curious

for the quickscopers-- yes, the British version, I know

ForzaZuffa is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:53 PM
  #699
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Leafsdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,352
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post


Curious

for the quickscopers-- yes, the British version, I know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
Curious indeed.

Leafsdude7 is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:53 PM
  #700
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67 View Post
knew you couldn't do it without spewing the same crap about salary.

he doesn't like him? he has no other options? got a team full of centers why doesn't he give them the ice time MG gets? why isn't someone else out there against the other teams top offensive forwards? why isn't someone else, with a cheaper salary and better point per dollar ratio, taking his spot?

IMO he's the second most valuable forward dressing right now. seems right he should be the second highest paid. But, of course, I don't have nearly as much hockey knowledge as you. I can't even put a line up together that RC would use.
Why is salary non consequential? It's a very important factor in the new NHL.

Interactif is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.