HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabovski Will Face Disciplinary Hearing [Reports say: No Suspension]

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 10:57 AM
jimmycarter

vCash: 500
MTL gonna call 9/11?

Old
02-10-2013, 10:59 AM
TheSilencer

Michel Therrien's next move:

Ban pineapples.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
Bourque did the right thing, good on him for sticking up for a teammate. Orr lost respect from me, for a guy of Orr's size to do what he did to Gionta in the first place. I would be ashamed if our goon did that to a guy half his size
What did he do to Gionta? Wrap him up? Did he punch him? Gionta was fine, the one that got the beating was the third man in and rightfully when you knock off the helmet of a tough guy. If you want respect for your skilled players, these skilled players have to respect the tough guys.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo View Post
I also have a good memory about Healy's faking it comment.
Lost all respect for him there.
You actually respected him before that?

Old
02-10-2013, 11:00 AM
HeroNtF

Quote:
I'm not gonna get into a huge debate because at the end of the day, there are arguments to be made on both sides and no one will change anyones opinion. But as much as you may have lost respect for a few of our players, I lost a lot of respect for Orr. The guy is a beast, and he decided to go after a 5'7 Gionta (when Bourque came to Gionta's defence). When you are that big and that tough you don't go after someone who isn't in the same league as you. So your comment of our goons weren't willing to fight, well, a) we have no "goons", only pests. and b) your heavyweight went after a 5'7 player, what does that make him?

The 5'7 guy who ran our goalie last year ? A guy proving this team isn't taking **** from no one. GOOD ON ORR !

Old
02-10-2013, 11:01 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Bourque did the right thing, good on him for sticking up for a teammate. Orr lost respect from me, for a guy of Orr's size to do what he did to Gionta in the first place. I would be ashamed if our goon did that to a guy half his size
You do realize Gionta went after Orr after the hit. I guess he didnt realize who it was because froze like a little ***** when he saw Orr. Orr never had the intention of fighting and just bear hugged him when Bourque jumped in.

Old
Shanty
Just chip and chase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igy View Post
I was also puzzled.

I actually forgot about that Healy comment though. Show, Healy? Was not being the same for the rest of the season just more show?

Old
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodCanadianBoy View Post
Hilarious Montreal is using this as a cover up for 3 straight losses to divisonal rivals. Whatever boys, the band aid may work for a little bit but it will deteriorate soon enough.

Instead of whining about , try doing something about it.

No one is using these incidents as a cover up for how crappy we played, sorry buddy but the only joke here is you for being blind to this fact

Old
deleteme
Leafs for cup

Quote:
Actually, there is a photo that distinctly shows the bite marks. Not to mention video showing the incident. I've always been a Grabo fan, and was sad the day he got traded. But I must say as a fan of the player, I am pretty disappointed in what he did. That being said, I suspect he will only be fined. We all know **** happens during a game, whether arms get in faces or not he shouldn't have bit him, that's just bush league.
GTFO

If someone puts his arm in my mouth as I'm gasping for air because I'm throwing punches at someone else, I sure as hell going to bite you.

That's just human instinct to breathe.

GTFO again

Old
02-10-2013, 11:02 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
when orr landed that one punch i was dying! lmaoooo. Rugrats cant handle the big boys.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:03 AM
TheSilencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I would but I don't think the mods would let a picture like that fly around here, and with good reason
You're right it does look a little frightening.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Shanty
Just chip and chase.

Quote:
No one is using these incidents as a cover up for how crappy we played, sorry buddy but the only joke here is you for being blind to this fact
What fact? Tell me what happened with visual evidence, not just what you assume/think happened, and maybe you'll be moving towards the realm of facts.

Read my long comment, and respond to that. I watched and re-watched the incidents. If it was another team doing the reverse to us, I'd be upset, but would see that we weren't exactly innocent bystanders.

Old
Danbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igy View Post
It was a joke related to my earlier post

Old
Quarter
Exploding Knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I would but I don't think the mods would let a picture like that fly around here, and with good reason
If that's the case then just photoshop pineapple leaves coming out of Pacthes' head/neck.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Jozay
lolwut?

vCash: 1020
Im saying he gets 2-3 games.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:05 AM
GoodNewfieBoy
Jim,coach Leafs too?

Quote:
Yeah whatever man.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:06 AM
NYjetsTOleafs
I'm Your Pushaaaa

Old
02-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Danbo

Quote:
I know it must be hard for you to live being behind enemy lines. Thank goodness for your Internet friends.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:07 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

Headline after leafs pummel the Habs
"Another one bites the dust"

Old
02-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Interactif

I'm actually going to say something nice about Grabovoski today, like that he stands up for his teammates, this is one trait I do like in a player. He takes it on passionately too, not half heartedly.

He's still a bad contract, and an overrated player on our board. 5 points in 12 games now, but one thing I won't take away from the man, he steps in for mates and does so passionately.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Hockeylaw

I'm not sure that Habs fans have a leg to stand on here. I'm seeing three arguments being made:

1) Orr should face discipline for taking a run at Plekanec. The League isn't in the business of policing non-hits that might have been dangerous if they had actually connected. Would it have been a knee-on-knee collision? We can't say, because there was no collision.

2) Grabovski should face discipline for allegedly biting Pacioretty. All of the footage I've seen in this department is inconclusive, but I do notice Grabovski trying to push Pacioretty's arm away in the CBC footage. It's not as though he grabbed Pacioretty's arm and just tucked in like it was corn on the cob. But perhaps he did intentionally chomp down. If he did, I think a fine is in order. Pacioretty may have practically fed Grabovski his forearm, but I'm not sure that was intentional on Pacioretty's part.

3) The Leafs' goons shouldn't have been roughing up Montreal's skilled forwards. I'm sorry, but isn't this what a good goon does, especially when those skilled forwards demonstrate a willingness to engage? It's not as though Orr cold-clocked Gionta out of the blue (which would clearly call for a suspension). If you don't want your skilled forwards to fight, they shouldn't step up to the plate. If Kessel challeneged Chara, he would get what was coming to him. But thus far he hasn't been stupid or angry enough to do that.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Shanty
Just chip and chase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter View Post
If that's the case then just photoshop pineapple leaves coming out of Pacthes' head/neck.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
It's funny how Habs fans are complaining about sucker punches and what not...

I guess they are just choosing to ignore the real sucker punch Prust landed on Grabo just before the "bite".
Plus what was Paccioretty doing? Was he afraid Prust was going to be destroyed by Grabo? What he did do was leave Grabo defenseless for a guy like Prust to take a few free shots at him. The way that p.o.s. Prust was instigating all night I'm sure he would have taken advantage of the opportunity. Habs started almost every incident but they got beaten down every time and now want to cry they were bullied. That's even more pathetic than their effort on the ice last night.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Duffman955

There is no evidence that shows grabovski bit him. Even though he probably did, there is no proof.

Anyways, when you're the third man in (Paches), and you put ur forearm in someones mouth while their fighting another person, the bite comes automatically.

If you haven't noticed, while throwing a punch you automatically bite down your jaw. Not grabos fault

Old
02-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Danbo

Please stop all this talk about "class" and "respect" etc.

Bad things happen in fights. Biting is like punching. It is directed violence towards another person.

We all assume Grabovski bit down b/c we can all see it being an expected reaction to that situation.

The league will determine what's what.

Closed Thread