HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes @ Aves | 02/11/2013 | 7:00 MT | Sail Away to 1st overall!

View Poll Results: What stupid thing is Sacco going to do against Yotes?
Hunwick with the most ice time among defensemen 18 21.95%
Kobasew on Stastny's line 3 3.66%
Aaron Palushaj on 4th line 7 8.54%
Sacco starring off into space after 3-0 at the end of the 1st 10 12.20%
Keep Duchene at the point on the PP 21 25.61%
Start switching up the lines after getting the first goal scored on us 7 8.54%
Scratching Barrie again for SOB 9 10.98%
Giving Zanon the most PK minutes 1 1.22%
Putting RoB on the PP 3 3.66%
Using Bordeleau on special teams 3 3.66%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2013, 07:37 PM
  #51
Nihiliste
Registered User
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,962
vCash: 500
4-0 Phoenix
Mcleod boarding at 6:00 1st

Nihiliste is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 07:52 PM
  #52
Congo Jack
Get lost Pavarotti!
 
Congo Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Candy Apple Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,120
vCash: 500
Even tho Hunny isn't playing, I think he will still somehow have more ice time than the rest of our defense.

Congo Jack is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 07:53 PM
  #53
RockLobster
Moderator
Jon Snow, Uneducated
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,162
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
Even tho Hunny isn't playing, I think he will still somehow have more ice time than the rest of our defense.
LOL! Too good!

RockLobster is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:00 PM
  #54
cgf
Aves Fan
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,249
vCash: 500
Matt Hunwick will get the first penalty this game for coming out onto the ice and nailing Olver with a chair.

cgf is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:01 PM
  #55
Freudian
Slightly overpaid
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 34,214
vCash: 50
Matt Hunwick will get his own press box, filled with Playboy bunnies.

Freudian is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:02 PM
  #56
Congo Jack
Get lost Pavarotti!
 
Congo Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Candy Apple Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Matt Hunwick will get the first penalty this game for coming out onto the ice and nailing Olver with a chair.
all the while Sgarbossa grins wryly.

Congo Jack is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:04 PM
  #57
RockLobster
Moderator
Jon Snow, Uneducated
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,162
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Matt Hunwick will get the first penalty this game for coming out onto the ice and nailing Olver with a chair.
And he will proclaim that he "did it all for The Rock"

RockLobster is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:06 PM
  #58
cgf
Aves Fan
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
all the while Sgarbossa grins wryly.
Nah, Sgar would nonchalantly pretend to have no idea what was going on doing a "what, I don't know nuthin" shrug.

cgf is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:09 PM
  #59
cgf
Aves Fan
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Matt Hunwick will get his own press box, filled with Playboy bunnies.
How else is he supposed to maintain his ice time? Joe Sacco only respects game, n HunnyBunny pulling a baller move like that is exactly how you show Sacco you deserve even more PT.

cgf is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:18 PM
  #60
Nihiliste
Registered User
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,962
vCash: 500
I hope with Wilson and Hunny out they try Hejda back with EJ. I dread seeing SOB or Zanon on the top pairing.

Nihiliste is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:23 PM
  #61
Appleanche
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Asheville, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
LOL at the fight, my god this is funny.

Appleanche is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 09:32 PM
  #62
Nzap
Insert clever phrase
 
Nzap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Middle of Noux
Country: Finland
Posts: 5,422
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
I hope with Wilson and Hunny out they try Hejda back with EJ. I dread seeing SOB or Zanon on the top pairing.
Or try Barrie there or something.
I think he's the only who hasn't yet been through the revolving door.

Nzap is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 10:18 PM
  #63
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,367
vCash: 500
Fight's not a big deal. It's Olver. He's our Carcillo. I imagine his own mother wants to fight him whenever he comes home for Christmas.

I hope they put Barrie with EJ. Every single other guy they've tried has failed miserably. Definitely NOT Hejda. Just try Barrie up there Sacco, and maybe give him the same slack you normally give Hunwick instead of banishment to the press box for any big mistakes.

Av-merican is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 10:48 PM
  #64
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,872
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Fight's not a big deal. It's Olver. He's our Carcillo. I imagine his own mother wants to fight him whenever he comes home for Christmas.

I hope they put Barrie with EJ. Every single other guy they've tried has failed miserably. Definitely NOT Hejda. Just try Barrie up there Sacco, and maybe give him the same slack you normally give Hunwick instead of banishment to the press box for any big mistakes.
And Sgarbossa isn't exactly the one to shy away from the ''dirty'' stuff either. This is no big deal, teammates get into disagreements all the time, it's just the nature of the business.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 10:55 PM
  #65
falconski
Unregistered User
 
falconski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I think Avs should use a Sgarbossa-Kobasew-Palushaj line just to mess with McNab's brain.
put them with an SOB ROB pairing

falconski is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 12:11 AM
  #66
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 26,138
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconski View Post
put them with an SOB ROB pairing
Varlamov may aswell just grab the puck and throw it into his own net

The Kingslayer is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 04:14 AM
  #67
The Angry Teatowel
@AngryTeatowel
 
The Angry Teatowel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kent, UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 837
vCash: 500
Another 3am start... really not sure if I want to wake up for this one!

The Angry Teatowel is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 04:19 AM
  #68
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 17,979
vCash: 500
Mission tank is developing pretty well, we are second last in points.

Imagine, we get top-3 pick this year, Sacco gets fired. How happy would you be? **** yeah! We might get some assets during trade deadline as well. Could be good.

Colorado Avalanche is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 05:11 AM
  #69
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 4,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Mission tank is developing pretty well, we are second last in points.

Imagine, we get top-3 pick this year, Sacco gets fired. How happy would you be? **** yeah! We might get some assets during trade deadline as well. Could be good.
Even though I know it needs to happen, I feel bad for Varlamov & Duchene, and EJ who are all young and want to make the playoffs. Duchene finally gets a legit solid line and the team collapses everywhere else.

I love how Duchene called the team out publicly, we have had too much of the lackadaisical 'bounces are just not going our way' type of attitude. Quinn needs to kick a trash can across the room right into Zannon's face/beard which slingshots it upside Sacco's head and gives him a concussion for the next two years. Get rid of two dumb ***** with one trash can. Not that SOB has been good but since hes been in the lineup hes been better than Zannon and that should tell you how bad our defense is.

CobraAcesS is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 05:32 AM
  #70
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 17,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Even though I know it needs to happen, I feel bad for Varlamov & Duchene, and EJ who are all young and want to make the playoffs. Duchene finally gets a legit solid line and the team collapses everywhere else.
Absolutely! This is horrible situation for couple players, who deserve better faith, but what can you do?

Quote:
I love how Duchene called the team out publicly, we have had too much of the lackadaisical 'bounces are just not going our way' type of attitude. Quinn needs to kick a trash can across the room right into Zannon's face/beard which slingshots it upside Sacco's head and gives him a concussion for the next two years. Get rid of two dumb ***** with one trash can. Not that SOB has been good but since hes been in the lineup hes been better than Zannon and that should tell you how bad our defense is.
Love Duchene. SOB is actually one of our most talented puckmovers(). He's pretty good with puck, but most of the times he overplays it and fails, his timing is off. He doesn't know when to pass or whatever.

I still think Visnovsky could be good here!

Colorado Avalanche is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 05:33 AM
  #71
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 17,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Varlamov may aswell just grab the puck and throw it into his own net


Sad, but true.

Colorado Avalanche is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 06:49 AM
  #72
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 4,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Absolutely! This is horrible situation for couple players, who deserve better faith, but what can you do?



Love Duchene. SOB is actually one of our most talented puckmovers(). He's pretty good with puck, but most of the times he overplays it and fails, his timing is off. He doesn't know when to pass or whatever.

I still think Visnovsky could be good here!
Yeah when Vis was traded I was a little pissed, because I thought he would be a pretty good fit at least until Elliott/Barrie/Siemens were more ready.

I actually think SOB has played ok for what he is and what hes expected to be. The problem is Sacco not him, but hes been better than everyone else in the few games hes played besides EJ & Hejda.

At least he looks like he cares and is trying, Zannon really pissed me off when we were down by a 3 goals and he just stands along the boards and waits for the puck to come to him instead of skating all the way back for it. It was clear his lazy ass had already given up, because it wasted 10-15 seconds off the clock because the puck pretty much stopped moving, and then he realized he was going to have to skate like 3 more feet and finally touch it.

I'll take SOB's heart and a few dumb penalties, along with some Orr moves (Which btw actually do get the puck into the zone unlike MOST of our other defenders) instead of a lazy slow no talent ******* up like Zannon. Shane Orr'Brien is more fun to watch than that ****.


Last edited by CobraAcesS: 02-11-2013 at 06:59 AM.
CobraAcesS is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 07:10 AM
  #73
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 17,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Yeah when Vis was traded I was a little pissed, because I thought he would be a pretty good fit at least until Elliott/Barrie/Siemens were more ready.
Maybe Avalanche management expected one of those guys step up and play this year. That is kinda bad plan though.

Quote:
I actually think SOB has played ok for what he is and what hes expected to be. The problem is Sacco not him, but hes been better than everyone else in the few games hes played besides EJ & Hejda.
He's made some mistakes, but should be in roster for sure. We need more his skills than Zanon or whatever.

Quote:
At least he looks like he cares and is trying, Zannon really pissed me off when we were down by a 3 goals and he just stands along the boards and waits for the puck to come to him instead of skating all the way back for it. It was clear his lazy ass had already given up, because it wasted 10-15 seconds off the clock because the puck pretty much stopped moving, and then he realized he was going to have to skate like 3 more feet and finally touch it.

I'll take SOB's heart and a few dumb penalties, along with some Orr moves (Which btw actually do get the puck into the zone unlike MOST of our other defenders) instead of a lazy slow no talent ******* up like Zannon. Shane Orr'Brien is more fun to watch than that ****.
True that!

Colorado Avalanche is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 07:25 AM
  #74
Nzap
Insert clever phrase
 
Nzap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Middle of Noux
Country: Finland
Posts: 5,422
vCash: 50
Yuo, Zanon's been a big disappointment for me.
Pretty much O'Byrne as a lefty, and they both deserve to be in the pressbox.

I'd seriously go for this when Hunny's back:

O'Brien-EJ
Hejda-Barrie
Gaunce-Hunwick

EJ had some of his best games with O'Brien as his partner in the middle of last season (December-January) and although O'Brien's wheels fell of in the end, I think that pairing might work for a short while.

Nzap is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 07:41 AM
  #75
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 12,897
vCash: 50
It's amazing how people can't seem to realize O'Byrne's game hasn't changed at all, he's still that guy that played great for us last year. Our wingers haven't been backchecking like last year and he's just getting more exposed due to his lack of speed (especially when Sacco relies on the blue line to pinch so much, which is absurd).

Lonewolfe2015 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.