HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Del 04/05 Playoff Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2005, 05:45 PM
  #76
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,574
vCash: 500
Looks like I will need to make an adjust to my avatar or make a new one. Congratulations to Mannheim who now have my support to win it all

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline  
Old
04-13-2005, 04:46 AM
  #77
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,678
vCash: 500
Hmmm, I somehow don't like this final! Mannheim underachieved for more than half the season, but had the talent the whole time. Now they're in the final. Almost seems unrighteous, but then again...... they finished 6th, so we should have all known they'd take the championship. That's happened how often in the last 8 years, 5 times???

Maybe the Eisbären will FINALLY take it all. I guess it would be fitting after the last two years of failure.

The final should be a low-scoring dandy though!

Chapin Landvogt is offline  
Old
04-13-2005, 01:02 PM
  #78
Hellström
Registered User
 
Hellström's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle
Hmmm, I somehow don't like this final! Mannheim underachieved for more than half the season, but had the talent the whole time. Now they're in the final. Almost seems unrighteous, but then again......
Well, they played their best hockey in the Play-Offs and that´s why they are in the finals.
If you don´t like the "best teams of April" in the final, then Play-Offs is the wrong option. It´s unrighteous in about 75% of the championships if you go into details and that´s why i wouldn´t call it unrighteous, cause this team was strong enough to win series against Nürnberg and Frankfurt, so they deserved their appearance in the final - although they had flaws in the season, but which team didn´t have flaws ? Some teams had bigger ones, some teams had smaller ones, some had a season full of flaws, but if you´re top8 at the end of the regular season and then beat two pretty good teams then you fully deserve the final

Hellström is offline  
Old
04-14-2005, 11:33 AM
  #79
Bacchus
Registered User
 
Bacchus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dickes B
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakos
Some teams had bigger ones, some teams had smaller ones, some had a season full of flaws, but if you´re top8 at the end of the regular season and then beat two pretty good teams then you fully deserve the final
3€ ins Phrasenschwein!

Bacchus is offline  
Old
04-14-2005, 06:16 PM
  #80
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakos
Well, they played their best hockey in the Play-Offs and that´s why they are in the finals.
If you don´t like the "best teams of April" in the final, then Play-Offs is the wrong option. It´s unrighteous in about 75% of the championships if you go into details and that´s why i wouldn´t call it unrighteous, cause this team was strong enough to win series against Nürnberg and Frankfurt, so they deserved their appearance in the final - although they had flaws in the season, but which team didn´t have flaws ? Some teams had bigger ones, some teams had smaller ones, some had a season full of flaws, but if you´re top8 at the end of the regular season and then beat two pretty good teams then you fully deserve the final
Yep, the playoffs are a whole new season. Anything can happen!

Chapin Landvogt is offline  
Old
04-15-2005, 02:59 PM
  #81
Safir*
 
Safir*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Turkmenistan
Posts: 13,959
vCash: 500
The Eisbären take game one and win 5-3.

The score (as of eisbaeren.de):

0:1 Ullmann 6:58 (Carciola)
0:2 Corbet 7:37 (Hecht)
1:2 Beaufait 18:46 (Cole) PP
2:2 Pederson 32:07 (Walser) PP
3:2 Pederson 36:53 (Walser,Keller) PP
4:2 Walker 44:51 (Walser) 5-3
4:3 Tremblay 51:24 (/)
5:3 Walker 57:31 (Ustorf)

The powerplay was the key today for the Bears.


Last edited by Safir*: 04-15-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Safir* is offline  
Old
04-15-2005, 07:54 PM
  #82
MAF
Rookie User
 
MAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
The Eisbären take game one and win 5-3.

The score (as of eisbaeren.de):

0:1 Ullmann 6:58 (Carciola)
0:2 Corbet 7:37 (Hecht)
1:2 Beaufait 18:46 (Cole) PP
2:2 Pederson 32:07 (Walser) PP
3:2 Pederson 36:53 (Walser,Keller) PP
4:2 Walker 44:51 (Walser) 5-3
4:3 Tremblay 51:24 (/)
5:3 Walker 57:31 (Ustorf)

The powerplay was the key today for the Bears.
Yep, Eisbären scored 4 PP-goals.

Your stats don't coincide with the official DEL.org stats. Don't want to argue about an assist, but Jochen Hecht scored the 4:3 with assists by Tremblay and Edgerton.

MAF is offline  
Old
04-16-2005, 01:23 AM
  #83
earl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Why didn't Kolzig play in game 1?

earl is offline  
Old
04-16-2005, 02:25 AM
  #84
Safir*
 
Safir*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Turkmenistan
Posts: 13,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF
Yep, Eisbären scored 4 PP-goals.

Your stats don't coincide with the official DEL.org stats. Don't want to argue about an assist, but Jochen Hecht scored the 4:3 with assists by Tremblay and Edgerton.
That's weid according to eisbaeren.de & also on spiegel.de, Trembley scored the last Adler goal.

Safir* is offline  
Old
04-16-2005, 04:49 AM
  #85
Hellström
Registered User
 
Hellström's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Kölzig is injured and/or not at 100% right now.

I´ve seen the game on TV and Tremblay shot the puck and i´d give him credit for the goal.
It was a decent first game with a lot of heat in it. Good start by Mannheim and early pressure. Berlin fought back but did get lots of help cause Mannheim took way too many penalties.
Good overall game though and it could be a hard series.

Hellström is offline  
Old
04-16-2005, 06:34 PM
  #86
MAF
Rookie User
 
MAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
That's weid according to eisbaeren.de & also on spiegel.de, Trembley scored the last Adler goal.
DEL.org and adler-mannheim.de list Hecht as the scorer...but who cares? They lost the game...bad enough.

MAF is offline  
Old
04-18-2005, 10:49 AM
  #87
Safir*
 
Safir*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Turkmenistan
Posts: 13,959
vCash: 500
The Eisbären can wrap it up on Tuesday night!

After taking Game Two 0:4 (Peterson, Walker, Walker, Heins) in Mannheim the Berliner have one game to left to win the DEL for the first time. Just like in Game One in Berlin, the Adler spend to much time in the penalty box while the Bears again used this advantage.

Safir* is offline  
Old
04-18-2005, 05:46 PM
  #88
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
The Eisbären can wrap it up on Tuesday night!

After taking Game Two 0:4 (Peterson, Walker, Walker, Heins) in Mannheim the Berliner have one game to left to win the DEL for the first time. Just like in Game One in Berlin, the Adler spend to much time in the penalty box while the Bears again used this advantage.
The Eisbaeren just dominated that game. Walker is truly showing his worth to that club. Phenomenal!!!

Chapin Landvogt is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.