HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Been a while since we've seen this

Old
02-10-2013, 08:02 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Vanek is 23 in 11?

Holy. Crap. That is disgusting.
Vanek is a monster. I drafted him in the 11th round in my fantasy hockey league. Steal of the century.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Flowah
#FireHolland

The vaunted chemistry between Z and Brunner is great and all, he's surely doing well so far.

But is there any reason to believe he couldn't do as well/better with Datsyuk? I still think Datsyuk is a superior playmaker to Zetterberg. If you're in a spot to score and you're open, more often than not he gets you the puck with a perfect pass. Brunner doesn't have to change his game, he just keeps going to those open areas and shoots like he has been.

Z's working real hard, and I love it. But part of me also thinks he's working too hard. Franzen is seriously being a lazy bum lately. This game was the worst I've seen him in recent memory. Brunner is fast but mostly for offense. Z had fantastic chemistry with Filppula last year. Z went on such a tear last year when he had Filppula on his wing. Why not switch Brunner and Filppula?

Or just dump Cleary to the fourth line and find a real shooter for Datsyuk. Really sick of watching that guy.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:32 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Vanek is a monster. I drafted him in the 11th round in my fantasy hockey league. Steal of the century.
Whoever got him in the Red Wings Yahoo fantasy league definitely had the steal of the year so far. A lot of good players plummeted in the rankings this year (Gaborik for example). Never thought Vanek would make such a comeback, good for him.

He'll be a UFA in 2014 (30-31 years old). Unless Buffalo turn it around anytime soon, he'll might want to try another option. I think he'll still have something to provide at that age and on Datsyuk's wing (if he re-signs)...that would be sick.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:00 AM
Sergei DRW

Skipper Hank is taking the ship in the right direction.

Sergei DRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:23 AM
JRB86

David Clarkson in the top 10...

JRB86 is offline   Reply With Quote