HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels Discussion II

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Vamos Rafa

vCash: 500
Why does Young keep getting PH at-bats?

Old
10-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 191
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Gonzalez, Ramirez, and Puig all stepped up today for the offense. Good win.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
10-14-2013, 11:11 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

And just like our series against the Blues, LA wins game 3. Good solid win, and hopefully the Doyers found their bats again.

Old
10-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
And just like our series against the Blues, LA wins game 3. Good solid win, and hopefully the Doyers found their bats again.
And hopefully they win all of their home games in this round and steal one in St. Louis.

Old
10-15-2013, 01:11 AM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
And hopefully they win all of their home games in this round and steal one in St. Louis.
It would be pretty cool, and quite funny if the Dodgers did the exact same thing the last LA team did to a team from St.Louis.

Old
10-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Captain Mittens
Catquistador

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
It would be pretty cool, and quite funny if the Dodgers did the exact same thing the last LA team did to a team from St.Louis.
We'd have to get St Louis a basketball team after that. So the Lakers could have their fun too.

Old
10-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Quattro

Just got home from the game - boy that was fun!

Old
10-15-2013, 12:04 PM
no name

So everyone is blasting Puig for his emphatic celebration his triple. I was pretty upset with Mattingly not really going to bat for his player. When all the reporters asked him about it he gave so half hearted defense and followed it up with an extra, voluntary, statement that was not in response to a question saying : " I don't know... we have been dealing with him all year".

First of all, when he adds that extra comment he pretty much wipes out his obligatory defense of Puig. An no Don, you haven't been "dealing with him all year" You only have been dealing with him since 50 games into the season. You know, when he saved your job. Kind of like last night when he saved your job again by putting the Dodgers back into the series.

I'm not a Mattingly hater or an apologist, but this comment is sacrificing his lamb. Don is an old time guy and was embarrassed and he went out of his way to say he doesn't like Puig's style. He's supposed to be a mangers coach. Well, this says otherwise. So he isn't a mangers coach for everyone... and I don't think anyone believes he makes good in game decisions, so what exactly is he doing for this team? I'm on board now. Fire Don Mattingly.

Old
10-15-2013, 12:22 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
So everyone is blasting Puig for his emphatic celebration his triple. I was pretty upset with Mattingly not really going to bat for his player. When all the reporters asked him about it he gave so half hearted defense and followed it up with an extra, voluntary, statement that was not in response to a question saying : " I don't know... we have been dealing with him all year".

First of all, when he adds that extra comment he pretty much wipes out his obligatory defense of Puig. An no Don, you haven't been "dealing with him all year" You only have been dealing with him since 50 games into the season. You know, when he saved your job. Kind of like last night when he saved your job again by putting the Dodgers back into the series.

I'm not a Mattingly hater or an apologist, but this comment is sacrificing his lamb. Don is an old time guy and was embarrassed and he went out of his way to say he doesn't like Puig's style. He's supposed to be a mangers coach. Well, this says otherwise. So he isn't a mangers coach for everyone... and I don't think anyone believes he makes good in game decisions, so what exactly is he doing for this team? I'm on board now. Fire Don Mattingly.
Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, HanRam, Agon, and Puig saved Mattinglys job. There are plenty of mvps on this team. You simply cannot deny the fact that Puig acts like he's about 12 years old, for better OR for worse. Sure he gives you that youthful energy and excitement but you also get the arrogance and a stubborn attitude. I love Puig, but Don's right, the Dodgers have been handling that massive ego with special gloves since he got here.

Old
10-15-2013, 12:24 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Gonzalez, Ramirez, and Puig all stepped up today for the offense. Good win.
With 4 assists from probably the most inept Cardinals center field performance from anyone I've seen in the postseason. Fun to watch!

Reminded me of Matt Holliday's catch-in-the-nuts oopsie the last time the Cards were at Dodger stadium in the playoffs. House of horrors for them apparently.

Old
10-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Chazz Reinhold

http://www.chadmoriyama.com/2013/10/...-nlcs-edition/

Old
10-15-2013, 12:51 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, HanRam, Agon, and Puig saved Mattinglys job. There are plenty of mvps on this team. You simply cannot deny the fact that Puig acts like he's about 12 years old, for better OR for worse. Sure he gives you that youthful energy and excitement but you also get the arrogance and a stubborn attitude. I love Puig, but Don's right, the Dodgers have been handling that massive ego with special gloves since he got here.
You always , always, always go to bat for your player. Agon and Kershaw were already performing before Puig. If anything, Agon's stats dropped 18% since Puig came on. Greinke helped the team a lot when he came back from injury but he didn't start pitching well until 3 weeks after Puig came on. Puig and HanRam saved Mattingly's job.

In regards to Puig's antics, I believe he is just a kid who has no idea that his emotion is frowned upon by the others in baseball. But really, baseball media, fans, and older players are the most pompous, stick in their ***** people in the country. Every other sport has embraced youth and flair. Baseball refuses.

Old
10-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Captain Mittens
Catquistador

Quote:

In regards to Puig's antics, I believe he is just a kid who has no idea that his emotion is frowned upon by the others in baseball. But really, baseball media, fans, and older players are the most pompous, stick in their ***** people in the country. Every other sport has embraced youth and flair. Baseball refuses.
B-I-N-G-O!

Old
10-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post

Old
10-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Captain Mittens
Catquistador

Quote:
This is a great article!

Old
10-15-2013, 01:07 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
You always , always, always go to bat for your player. Agon and Kershaw were already performing before Puig. If anything, Agon's stats dropped 18% since Puig came on. Greinke helped the team a lot when he came back from injury but he didn't start pitching well until 3 weeks after Puig came on. Puig and HanRam saved Mattingly's job.

Not so sure, my friend. Did you see the uproar over Hertl's 4th goal flair the other night?

I get exactly what you are saying but in Puigs case you can't make yourself the center of attention by walking to right field so slowly that Kershaw has to wait on you to throw his first pitch of the inning, all because you had another poor at bat. I don't think anyone really cares about the fist pumping or watching you admire your homerun (that wasn't), it's the sulking and pouting when things aren't going your way. He has to do a better job of moving on from the last play if we expect anyone to get off his back.

Old
10-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Quattro

it's unbelievable to me that people are upset by Puig's exuberance at 3rd base last night. It was obvious to me and everyone else in the house that this was a player exploding with emotion after coming through in the clutch after failing to do so previously multiple times in this series. He was happy for f's sake, not showing anybody up.

Then I hear that Wainright was whining about Adrian Gonzalez clapping exuberantly on 2nd after his double. Really??? Renown agitator Adrian Gonzalez??

All this tells me is the Dodgers are in Wainright and the Cards heads and they should keep it up.

Old
10-15-2013, 03:25 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
it's unbelievable to me that people are upset by Puig's exuberance at 3rd base last night. It was obvious to me and everyone else in the house that this was a player exploding with emotion after coming through in the clutch after failing to do so previously multiple times in this series. He was happy for f's sake, not showing anybody up.

Then I hear that Wainright was whining about Adrian Gonzalez clapping exuberantly on 2nd after his double. Really??? Renown agitator Adrian Gonzalez??

All this tells me is the Dodgers are in Wainright and the Cards heads and they should keep it up.
Totally 100% agreed. Anyone whos complaining about celebrating is just sour, it's the negative body language that lasts the entire game that gets to me. You've gotta suck it up and be in the moment. I know Puigs a rookie but that's really my only complaint is that his negative attitude sometimes effects his hustle and decision making.

Old
10-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Raccoon Jesus
8 More Years!

Everyone the Dodgers have been playing reminds me of the Coyotes cryfest in the 2012 playoffs.

Old
10-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Raccoon Jesus
8 More Years!

Quote:
Oh man. That is PERFECT. Sums up the situation exactly!

Old
10-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Captain Mittens
Catquistador

RIP Rally Bear!

Quote:
The man who donned a bear costume for a frantic dance atop the St. Louis Cardinals dugout Monday night in Game 3 of the National League championship series says he's been banned from Dodger Stadium for six months.

The 50-year-old man behind "Rally Bear," Mark Monninger of Rancho Cucamonga, said he pulled the stunt to promote the idea of the Dodgers' getting a mascot.

The moment came as the Dodgers fought their way to a 3-0 win Monday over the St. Louis Cardinals. In the bottom of the eighth inning, during a pitching change, Monninger jumped out of his seat dressed in a bear costume and rushed on top of the Cardinals' dugout.

He then waved his hands wildly, clapping to get the crowd hyped up and tried to do a jump into splits -- twice -- before being pulled away by security personnel.

Old
10-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar Milan View Post
RIP Rally Bear!

wtf? I never saw him - lol

Old
10-15-2013, 06:03 PM
Captain Mittens
Catquistador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
wtf? I never saw him - lol
You obviously didn't drink enough last night

Old
10-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar Milan View Post
RIP Rally Bear!

Look at all the fans taking his pic and cheering.
  • Can't do that at a ball game...

Old
10-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Captain Mittens
Catquistador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Look at all the fans taking his pic and cheering.
  • Can't do that at a ball game...
Butch "Enemy of Fun" 19

Closed Thread