HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

J-Bow and Iggy to Boston

Old
02-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
J-Bow and Iggy to Boston

To Boston

Jay Daniel Bouwmeester
Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla

To Calgary

John Paul Boychuk
Chris Kelly
Malcolm Subban
Jared Knight
2014 1st

This gives Calgary 2 quality roster players and 2 prospects and a 1st. On the other hand it makes Boston cup favorites. Thoughts ?

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
To Boston

Jay Daniel Bouwmeester

To Calgary

John Paul Boychuk
Chris Kelly
Malcolm Subban
Jared Knight
2014 1st

This gives Calgary 2 quality roster players and 2 prospects and a 1st. On the other hand it makes Boston cup favorites. Thoughts ?
If Iggy is in anyway traded, a 1st this year is a must for them in my opinion.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:59 AM
western redmen

vCash: 562
Not enough going calgarys way

western redmen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Zoombie

vCash: 50
As a Rangers fan, I don't like it. Jarome would add a lot to Boston and Bouwmeester has been great this year.

edit: maybe get rid of Bouw and Boychuck, get rid of Knight and add 2013 2nd (if Bos has one?)

Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:01 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by western redmen View Post
Not enough going calgarys way
Agree ...

If I'm Calgary, I don't deal them in the same deal either. You could fetch more trading them in separate deals IMO.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:05 AM
daveleaf

Iggy on Boston would be deadly. Watching that smash show come playoffs would be fun. Pair him up with Seguin and Lucic, that would be fun to see.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

Fine value imo

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:09 AM
western redmen

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Agree ...

If I'm Calgary, I don't deal them in the same deal either. You could fetch more trading them in separate deals IMO.
Exactly, Kelly and boychuk brings nothing to the deal
Iginla>subban and 2014 first
Jbo>>>>>>> knight

western redmen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:20 AM
774coach

iginla for subban and our 2013 1st ! hurts, but ya I'd do it .... there's the power play solution we've been BEGGING for !

774coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:25 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 774coach View Post
iginla for subban and our 2013 1st ! hurts, but ya I'd do it .... there's the power play solution we've been BEGGING for !
Boston is fine in net for along time. Basically, its Iggy for a first IMO in that deal as I think Subban doesn't see any action for the Bruins. If you could do that, I wouldn't hesitate. That said, I feel others can send more value to Calgary than that.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:31 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by western redmen View Post
Exactly, Kelly and boychuk brings nothing to the deal
Iginla>subban and 2014 first
Jbo>>>>>>> knight
I could see if you said that Kelly and Boychuk aren't what the Flames would be looking for, but to say they bring nothing to the deal is silly. If those guys wouldn't bring anything to the Flames they must be one of the best teams in the league.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:41 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Boston is fine in net for along time. Basically, its Iggy for a first IMO in that deal as I think Subban doesn't see any action for the Bruins. If you could do that, I wouldn't hesitate. That said, I feel others can send more value to Calgary than that.
How do you get that it is like Iginla for a 1st? That is kind of wacky logic there.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Gary83*

Either way, this deal sucks.

Pass.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:50 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
To Boston

Jay Daniel Bouwmeester

To Calgary

John Paul Boychuk
Chris Kelly
Malcolm Subban
Jared Knight
2014 1st

I'm pretty sure Iginla came out and said he wanted to finish his career in Calgary and even if he were going to be traded there isn't much use discussing it on this board with Flames fans, it has been done 10 times over. Flames fans want a 21 year old version of Iginla and a first round pick and more to trade Iginla. You are not going to come up with a deal that satisfies them unless it is a deal that screws the Bruins over. They have every right to feel that way since Iginla has said he wants to stay there, they would have to be overwhelmed by an offer to move him and this isn't it.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:50 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
How do you get that it is like Iginla for a 1st? That is kind of wacky logic there.
Because, Boston has two very good goalies right now and I see them being the goalies for the next 5-10 years. I don't think Subban plays a single game in Boston and is traded before. It's not wacky logic. It's moving a supposed asset, if you are truly sold on him (I'm not) early as opposed to later.

I don't think Boston could get Iggy for Subban and a first. Others have better packages to offer IMO.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:01 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Because, Boston has two very good goalies right now and I see them being the goalies for the next 5-10 years. I don't think Subban plays a single game in Boston and is traded before. It's not wacky logic. It's moving a supposed asset, if you are truly sold on him (I'm not) early as opposed to later.

I don't think Boston could get Iggy for Subban and a first. Others have better packages to offer IMO.
Your wacky logic is that Subban is not worth anything and that isn't true. Even if his worth is his trade value it isn't like they are trading nothing, they used a frist round pick on him and they place a lot of value on him. The Bruins wouldn't think of it as only a first round pick, I have heard how the management talks about Subban, they value him a lot. We fans value him, a team that got him in a trade would value him, the only person who isn't assigning any value to him is you.

He may never play a game for the Bruins and he may not be what Calgary wants in trade for Iginla, but he is worth the 25th overall pick to the Bruins and if he develops as a lot of people think he will, he will increase his value.

It isn't like trading a 1st, it is like trading 2 1sts.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:08 AM
MarchandNoseBest

Quote:

It's very wacky logic. Boston just used a 1st round pick on Subban and he's done nothing to hurt his value with the way he's played this year.

Just because Boston has a real good young goalie (2 is a stretch, I'm intrigued by Khudobin as well but he's unproven and a UFA at end of this year) doesn't mean that Subban is valueless to them. Rask could randomly decline, get injured, leave through FA, get traded or Subban could be traded for significant value if he continues to develop and Rask establishes himself as the Bruins franchise goalie.

You can say that Boston has reason to be more open to trading a guy like Subban when they have a long-term answer in net like Rask where as a team without an answer has to pin their hopes to a prospect, but it's not "like a 1st for Iginla". It's like 2 1sts.

MarchandNoseBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Easy pass. Jaybow has been lights out this year... As small of a sample size it is, I really feel like it was Butter that damaged his offensive game.

If traded:

-Iginla would return a good prospect + 2013 1st + Young top 9 roster
-Jay Bow - If play continues 2013 1st + young-ish 3 - 4 D...

Calgary wouldn't trade these guys together. But, if they did, here is a package that would work

Jbow
Iggy

for

2013 1st, 2014 1st
Boychuck
Subban

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:31 AM
CaptainCrunch67

Calgary passes on any deal that has a first rounder for next year instead of this year.

Subban does nothing for the Flames they have a pretty deep pipeline of goalies coming they don't need to add another one to that list

The Roster players do nothing for the Flames.

We're basically trading Iginla who would probably be a key player in boston and JBou who has been great this year for two meh roster players a 2014 draftpick a goalie prospect that we don't need and a average prospect.

Calgary passes if they trade the two individually they'll get way more

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:33 AM
MarchandNoseBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Easy pass. Jaybow has been lights out this year... As small of a sample size it is, I really feel like it was Butter that damaged his offensive game.

If traded:

Calgary wouldn't trade these guys together. But, if they did, here is a package that would work

Jbow
Iggy

for

2013 1st, 2014 1st
Boychuck
Subban
That's a fair deal from a Bruins perspective, but I'd be surprised if J-Bo was a target of the Bruins. He doesn't really fit from a cap perspective next year when Seguin/Lucic/Marchand's extensions kick in.

To me, a deal for just Iginla is a lot more realistic for Boston. Something like Iginla for Subban+1st deal if Iginla was receptive to signing an extension with the Bruins (it'd probably have to be worth about $5M a year to fit under cap w/minimal juggling from Boston's end).

MarchandNoseBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post

If traded:

Jbow
Iggy

for

2013 1st, 2014 1st
Boychuck
Subban
No we wouldn't... Or at least I wouldn't. All you've done is taken our knight and added a 1st. That still doesn't balance it for me.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Shaun
beauty

I don't want Bouwmeester

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:07 AM
sem1

Calgary dosent want or need another goalie prospect.

sem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Toastman

Not a terrible proposal, but this only happens if Calgary is in complete rebuild mode

Toastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Zoombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
No we wouldn't... Or at least I wouldn't. All you've done is taken our knight and added a 1st. That still doesn't balance it for me.
I'd do that deal....
2 firsts, Subban (1st rounder) and Boychuck? That puts CGY in OK shape going forward, and clears up cap space that Feaster can use to resign Jackman long term.

Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote