HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#12 |Carolina Hurricanes vs. New York Islanders | Feb 11 | 7 PM | 6-4 L

Old
02-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Islanderfan17

vCash: 500
I'll be there. PLEASE win tonight, if we don't win this game against a team we CAN beat, then that indicates to me that we are well on our way to our early season losing streak.

Cizikas summed it up perfectly. We did all the right things last game but it doesn't always work out, but that doesn't mean we should stop doing what we are doing. Keep putting up shots and peppering the other team, they will have to go in eventually.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:56 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Only bad teams lose to a team like Buffalo. They were what, 3-7 coming into LI? Were already losing ground lol

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesBeBack View Post
Only bad teams lose to a team like Buffalo. They were what, 3-7 coming into LI? Were already losing ground lol
I know we're a bad team, but let's be fair here. We absolutely outplayed Buffalo pretty badly but we ran into a very hot Miller and Nabakov let us down along with Buffalo capitalizing on the few opportunities they had. This is Hockey, games like that happen all the time. The better team doesn't always win games in Hockey. A hot goaltender is all it takes to steal a game sometimes. My buddy from Buffalo told me they absolutely did not deserve to win that game and he is right.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Tavaresfan91

Just win tonight and go to rag$ to get back to 500

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Looks like Skinner might be out tonight as he didn't skate this morning. If he is out, that will definitely hurt the Canes as Skinner and Eric Staal are the only two players that have been consistently scoring for Carolina (they have 13 of the teams 28 goals so far).

https://twitter.com/MSmithCanes

No word on if he is injured or has the flu or what.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:14 PM
bvon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
Just win tonight and go to rag$ to get back to 500
This. Would be real nice for the team to build some confidence heading into the game against the Rangers.

bvon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:19 PM
stranger34

It makes me sick to my stomach that DP is in goal for a fairly important game tn.

Not that i am suggesting it should be Nabby... it should be Montoya, or one of the AHL guys.

DP hasn't played consistent #s of professional games since what 2007? Imagine if that was a starting pitcher or your QB.

And they hadn't played regularly in the minors or big leagues in 5-6 years

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:24 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
It makes me sick to my stomach that DP is in goal for a fairly important game tn.

Not that i am suggesting it should be Nabby... it should be Montoya, or one of the AHL guys.

DP hasn't played consistent #s of professional games since what 2007? Imagine if that was a starting pitcher or your QB.

And they hadn't played regularly in the minors or big leagues in 5-6 years
I'm not sure why you guys are still getting worked up over this. The Isles are right where they belong. Garth Snow ***** the waiver wire and put them into a professional lineup. He still allows the worst goaltender in the league to play important games for the Isles.

Winning is not a priority, just understand it and watch with a bottle of whiskey. Take a few shots, and suddenly, the game is easier to watch.

Anyways, the Isles will lose tonight. And if they were to win, they aren't beating the Rangers at the Garden Thursday. I went Saturday, and although we "dominated", we must have shot 30 shots into Millers chest. This team lacks talent, motivation, drive, and accountability.

AKA, it's a Garth Wang special. At least we aren't getting killed out there. Dur Hur Hur.

I've never felt as low about this team as I do now. I see a giant mess of a hockey team, coached by Fred Flinstone.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:34 PM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesBeBack View Post
I'm not sure why you guys are still getting worked up over this. The Isles are right where they belong. Garth Snow ***** the waiver wire and put them into a professional lineup. He still allows the worst goaltender in the league to play important games for the Isles.

Winning is not a priority, just understand it and watch with a bottle of whiskey. Take a few shots, and suddenly, the game is easier to watch.

Anyways, the Isles will lose tonight. And if they were to win, they aren't beating the Rangers at the Garden Thursday. I went Saturday, and although we "dominated", we must have shot 30 shots into Millers chest. This team lacks talent, motivation, drive, and accountability.

AKA, it's a Garth Wang special. At least we aren't getting killed out there. Dur Hur Hur.

I've never felt as low about this team as I do now. I see a giant mess of a hockey team, coached by Fred Flinstone.
What I made bold in this post is something very few fans pointed out. Despite the amount of shots the Islanders did take, how many of them were legit scoring chances? JT's two posts were honestly the most tested shots Miller faces that were not directly at the crest or into the leg pads.

I know getting the puck to the net is the only way to score but very few of the shots were of high quality or with someone infront of the net to create a screen/smack in a rebound.

That being said, hopefully the Islanders insert someone like Matt Martin into one of the PP units to give the Islanders that presence in front. Also someone who can physically remove someone from the puck instead of letting the Pkers make easy plays with the puck.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:52 PM
IceAce
RAISED IN A BARN

vCash: 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
LOL at the pics, for once we are all in a good mood about Ricky starting?

eventually Stockholm Syndrome was bound to set in.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:32 PM
nyislesx23

Anyone else notice that okposo has been taking some faceoffs lately?

nyislesx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:42 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
eventually Stockholm Syndrome was bound to set in.

I love this...

Golden

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:44 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyislesx23 View Post
Anyone else notice that okposo has been taking some faceoffs lately?
when its one the right side of the ice so we can have a lefty shot from the hash marks...

Not uncommon, many teams do this..

Does not mean he's playing center.

My nephew asked me the same thing....Poor little guy loves okposo

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
when its one the right side of the ice so we can have a lefty shot from the hash marks...

Not uncommon, many teams do this..

Does not mean he's playing center.

My nephew asked me the same thing....Poor little guy loves okposo
I have an authentic Okposo Jersey

Gonna grab me a blue Tavares Jersey with the C on it next season and hope to buy the brooklyn patch and sew it on later.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:06 PM
StumpNYI

I found this really old DP fresco painting and I attempted to restore it. What do you guys think?

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:26 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
I found this really old DP fresco painting and I attempted to restore it. What do you guys think?

This will be in my nightmares forever.

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

The DiPietro Code.

GDT theme!

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:00 PM
original islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Hickey, Tlusty, Semin...

Better bring a date for this one.
That is too funny. I must be getting old though, it took me three reads before I got it.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

Dipietro with the shut out... The Islanders win 4-0 and Ricky carries us the rest of the way. I am being sarcastic but I would LOVE to see this happen. I dont want him to fail, I hate the guy but please be put together just 1 season where he wins us the cup and he can be injured and on the IR for the remaining 10 yrs and I wont ever complain cause he got us 1 cup

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:13 PM
ziggy7716

I will be in attendance tonight. Hopefully Rick can give the team a chance to win. He didn't play terrible against Boston. If he can at least play similar to that night we have a chance.

This will be my 3rd game of the year. The other 2 were the losses to the Devils in which I wore by black Tavares jersey. Switching it up and wearing my away Nielsen. Anyone else have superstitions like that where you will wear a different jersey if the team loses when you wear your usual one? lol

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
I will be in attendance tonight. Hopefully Rick can give the team a chance to win. He didn't play terrible against Boston. If he can at least play similar to that night we have a chance.

This will be my 3rd game of the year. The other 2 were the losses to the Devils in which I wore by black Tavares jersey. Switching it up and wearing my away Nielsen. Anyone else have superstitions like that where you will wear a different jersey if the team loses when you wear your usual one? lol
I used to keep records for my Mets/Isles jerseys but they became so one sided with losses I don't even bother any more

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:38 PM
thedonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post

Wow, no offense intended bet I'm shocked someone here actually bought and/or wore one of those abominations.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:51 PM
ziggy7716

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
Wow, no offense intended bet I'm shocked someone here actually bought and/or wore one of those abominations.
lol well I have a home Tavares that he signed so I don't wear that one. Then I have the away Nielsen jersey that I will be wearing tonight. My ex bought me Tavares Alternate because I already had a home and away. I wouldn't have got it myself, however I don't think it's as bad as some do.

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:51 PM
JTforPres2012

First opposing GDT I've seen in a while where they are admitting defeat to the Isles.

You know things have gone awry when we're looking forward to having DP in net.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:58 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

Are we ready for Wang to give another one of those inspirational "It's not like we're getting killed out there" speeches?

All the team can control is their effort, and if they put in a full 60 like they did last game they have a chance, even with DP in net.

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote