HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Penguins - Devils 2/10/12 - NJ Got To Our Game Edition

Old
02-10-2013, 09:14 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
- Dan Bylsma. Nice timeout with 8 seconds left you douchenozzle.

- Malkin. Hey Geno, how bout scoring some goals at some point this year? I don't give a **** if Francois Leroux was on his wing, making 9 mil a year means you're supposed to be good in spite of other players.

- The dead weight on this team. They're all the same. No use calling them out separately. Kennedy, Cooke, Adams, Boychuk. And to a lesser extent Dupuis. They're all worthless.

- Orpik. Hey tough guy, how bout not letting someone set up and do their taxes in front of the goalie every night?

- Vokoun. Didn't think he played well.

+ Nothing
Doesn't seem to help Sid when Kunitz and Dupuis play like ***.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
before everyone jumps off the bandwagon, i just have to say this devils team is unreal. When they play like this no one can beat them.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:15 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
[/B]

A little bit of both. I hate the stretch passes, but I've also seen Dupuis and Kunitz exchange 5 footers through the neutral zone, and I hate that even more.

There's a ton of "He giveth, and he taketh away" wingers on this team.
Which one isn't?

Old
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres

definitely gotta give credit to the devils, they look pretty good right now. I just hate their style of hockey ugh.

Zatch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
before everyone jumps off the bandwagon, i just have to say this devils team is unreal. When they play like this no one can beat them.
Perhaps, although you'll never know if you play into their hands.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:16 PM
leafspensfan

i'm just hoping Shero's wakes up from his coma and makes some sort of move...just bring in a veteran or something and change the culture in our room. A Guerin type of player

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:16 PM
wheelz87
Pens Predictor CHAMP

[QUOTE=Zatch88;59465429]we have so much trouble just possessing the puck. No one tries to battle for pucks in the D zone, they let the other team win all the board battles.

stretch pass, dump, chase, stretch pass, dump, chase, repeat forever. sprinkle in a bunch of icings in there.

it looks like no one has any experience getting the puck through the neutral zone. Massive inability to set anything up in the offensive zone, even on a powerplay.

what is the issue here? is it coaching or do our players suck that bad?[/QUOTE]

We have 3 good offensive players. I'm not here to excuse the coaching, but the roster isn't impressive after those 3. It's funny people don't think we need wingers because we score so many regular season goals. No, wrong. Crosby, Malkin, and Neal score regular season goals. Then come playoff time, the other 9 sit there and watch and hope the same 3 players bail them out. Doesn't happen come playoff time, doesn't happen when you play playoff teams like the Devils who lock you down.

wheelz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:17 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
i'd be more worried about the struggles your team is going through than a + - thread on the Pens board. just saying.

despite how poorly they're playing, i'd much rather be a Pens fan than a Flyers fan, because then i'd probably order a lynch mob to take out Fleury and Vokoun tonight.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nhindian

+ uhhhh... solid first period I guess.

- Malkin. Bad
- Sid. Please stop gaining the zone and pulling up to hit Dupuis with a pass he can't handle. Forcing plays on the PP AGAIN.
- Vokoun. Juicy rebounds, just like in his first start.
- Defense. Can't break out, can't clear the net.
- Boychuk. Didn't will Malkin into scoring and didn't get any A's from Malkin not capitalizing on his passes.
- Bylsma. Yeah.... about that TO...

= Neal, I guess. Another stupid penalty but another PP goal right?

nhindian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Hobodrifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
i'm just hoping Shero's wakes up from his coma and makes some sort of move...just bring in a veteran or something and change the culture in our room. A Guerin type of player
I agree. Probably more practical than a desperation trade or coach firing some here are asking for.

Hobodrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KIRK

Quote:
Culture isn't going to change the players utter and compete inability to execute brilliantly constructed game plan when the other team prepares like it's playing a playoff hockey game.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:18 PM
turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
- Malkin. Hey Geno, how bout scoring some goals at some point this year? I don't give a **** if Francois Leroux was on his wing, making 9 mil a year means you're supposed to be good in spite of other players.
I thought he had a better game than Sid. The only time I noticed Crosby was when he got dumped near the end of the game. The goals will come for Geno, without a doubt.

turd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:18 PM
nhindian

[QUOTE=wheelz87;59465869]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatch88 View Post
we have so much trouble just possessing the puck. No one tries to battle for pucks in the D zone, they let the other team win all the board battles.

stretch pass, dump, chase, stretch pass, dump, chase, repeat forever. sprinkle in a bunch of icings in there.

it looks like no one has any experience getting the puck through the neutral zone. Massive inability to set anything up in the offensive zone, even on a powerplay.

what is the issue here? is it coaching or do our players suck that bad?[/QUOTE]

We have 3 good offensive players. I'm not here to excuse the coaching, but the roster isn't impressive after those 3. It's funny people don't think we need wingers because we score so many regular season goals. No, wrong. Crosby, Malkin, and Neal score regular season goals. Then come playoff time, the other 9 sit there and watch and hope the same 3 players bail them out. Doesn't happen come playoff time, doesn't happen when you play playoff teams like the Devils who lock you down.
Yeah, Dupuis, Kunitz, and Cooke didn't do anything last year in the regular season

nhindian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:19 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobodrifter View Post
I agree. Probably more practical than a desperation trade or coach firing some here are asking for.
Apparently also more practical than a trade to address issues that were obvious 10 months ago.

Old
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by turd View Post
You absolutely can not fall behind to that team. They'll trap you to death afterward and make for a really boring, crappy game. Crappy effort.
I actually thought the effort was better tonight but hardly matters if the result is the same. They're a better team than us right now, plain and simple. Bylsma has zero answers for them; he just plays right into their hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Kitsune View Post
Dear Dan : If they don't "get to their game", it may be time to get to a new game.
+ Kitsune

Quote:
we play the sens...that instills some hope for me
Now with 100% Less Spezza!

Quote:
Hard to imagine they might be better than last year but... looking that way. Clarkson is huge for them though. If he gets hurt they're ****ed.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
i'd be more worried about the struggles your team is going through than a + - thread on the Pens board. just saying.

despite how poorly they're playing, i'd much rather be a Pens fan than a Flyers fan, because then i'd probably order a lynch mob to take out Fleury and Vokoun tonight.
im not trying to bring up the flyers at all. What im saying is that, this devils team is damn good. Nothing to be a shamed of losing to them.

Old
zhenyas most fly rep

If we learn something this weekend, it's to somehow avoid this team in the postseason cause we won't get past them..

zhenyas most fly rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jahodac

This team can be so frustrating to watch at times. Hedberg played great today and the offense couldn't really set up many chances, let alone capitalize after the first period.

As far as Boychuk goes, I really like him, but he's too weak on the puck and can't capitalize on his chances. Maybe he needs one to get him going, but he's certainly not getting much trust from Malkin and Neal. Like everyone else, I said he wouldn't really amount to anything here and it looks like that's the case.

If Vitale is injured, throw Boychuk back on waivers so he can go back to Charlotte, throw Jeffrey on Malkin's wing and try Tangradi on the 3rd/4th line so he can develop into something and maybe help the powerplay.

Maybe we'll see Morrow next game, I really want to see what he can do. If he plays any bit as good as Despres, I would be ecstatic!

Jahodac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz87 View Post
4 good offensive players. Kunitz gets no respect around here but he's a 50 point 20 goal guy. He's a good player.

I agree with your post otherwise, but what are ya gonna do? The Pens are top heavy and that won't change unless Shero manages to fleece someone in a trade again and acquires one or more affordable 20 goal wingers.

There's no reason we shouldn't be able to dominate the league with the team we have. Devils are doing a lot more with a lot less.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Burkupine

Anybody else think that missing Letang and Niskanen might've negatively affected our ability to break up cycles and make quick, efficient transitions out of the zone?

No?

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:20 PM
KIRK

[QUOTE=nhindian;59466091]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz87 View Post

Yeah, Dupuis, Kunitz, and Cooke didn't do anything last year in the regular season
We're slowly becoming as good as the previous incarnation of the Capital at winning the Stanley Cup in the regular season.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
I actually though the effort was better but hardly matters if the result is the same. They're a better team than us right now, plain and simple. Bylsma has zero answers for them; he just plays right into their hands.

+ Kitsune

Now with 100% Less Spezza!

Hard to imagine they might be better than last year but... looking that way. Clarkson is huge for them though. If he gets hurt they're ****ed.
I thought they were dead in the water this year without parise. As long as Lou is there that guy will find a way to put a competitive team on the ice.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:21 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

+ Bortuzzo the Honey Badger

+ This board has an ignore feature. Just started using it after a year and a half of posting ... went from 0 to quite a few in just two weeks time.

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenyas most fly rep View Post
If we learn something this weekend, it's to somehow avoid this team in the postseason cause we won't get past them..
Who shouldn't we be worried about avoiding at this point?

Old
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
im not trying to bring up the flyers at all. What im saying is that, this devils team is damn good. Nothing to be a shamed of losing to them.
and you refer to everyone as bandwagoners while propping up the Devils.

there was really no point for you to post in here anyway when you open up with "before everyone jumps off the bandwagon".

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote