HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils 3, Pens 1 - Party on Wayne.

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 10:50 PM
RJK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
That policy infuriates me. I have to wonder how many players have walked away because Lou didn't negotiate until it was too late.
those are selfish me first players and are more than welcome to see themselves out...like was stated many times since yesterday. we bleed stars and keep contending so why change?

Old
02-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Scott04

Quote:
It'll be at a fever pitch at the trade deadline if Lou hasn't signed him to an extension by then. If Lou can sign Zajac to an extension, he can do the same for Clarkson, right?
Doubt it. As was said, Lou's policy not to negotiate in-season is a factor. But didn't they also say about the Zajac extension that the negotiations began before the CBA expired? Once it ended, they kinda just picked it up and finalized it from there? Bit of a different set of circumstances if they had already begun, and probably completed, much of the process in advance.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:55 PM
JerseySideOfTheRiver
Geaux Devils

I think Deboer and the fact that the Devils were the only team to give him a chance is a big factor in him resigning

Old
02-10-2013, 10:56 PM
njdss4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
those are selfish me first players and are more than welcome to see themselves out...like was stated many times since yesterday. we bleed stars and keep contending so why change?
Because we might have won a Cup since 03 if we had held onto some of those stars. Just my .02. Bottom line is I don't want to see Clarkson leave.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:00 PM
DevilsAnimal*

If clarkson or Elias do leave, then we KNOW there is a problem with Lous system, cause those are two players that want to be here, are having fun, and have huge friendships with the rest of the guys.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:00 PM
SteveCangialosi123

The fact that we have Adam Larsson makes me so happy. I never got to see a Devils defenseman grow into a star I only saw Neids and Stevens when they were already beasts. Hopefully we'll all get to see Larsson progress into a star player.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Because we might have won a Cup since 03 if we had held onto some of those stars. Just my .02. Bottom line is I don't want to see Clarkson leave.
Maybe yes, maybe no.

The what-if game doesn't work because for every player that stays, that may be one notable player that never gets a shot here, or never makes nearly the impact they did. This could really trickle down to specific trades/call ups/prospects we felt we couldn't trade, to even drafting specific players due to greater depth at that given position. Too many things change that you really just can't say this team would have been any better, if even as good, were some more players to stay.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic0421 View Post
Lose to Devils

Blame Trap

Rinse

Repeat

Devils Profit.
Half of the Pittsburgh post-game thread on their board is discussing ways to break our trap. It's incredible.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAnimal View Post
If clarkson or Elias do leave, then we KNOW there is a problem with Lous system, cause those are two players that want to be here, are having fun, and have huge friendships with the rest of the guys.
In the case of Elias, I would agree 100% if he was playing anywhere else next year. For Clarkson, I couldn't say that with the same confidence. Yes, this is the only place he has been, and yes he clearly is having fun playing here and enjoys his teammates. But this is a guy who is about to probably get his one "big" contract of his career. Not that he won't have another big one down the line, depending on what he signs, but this could be his real time to cash in. Not saying his top priority is money. But when you're at that stage of your career, it is a little more difficult to write off other options just because you like some of your current teammates. It happens with many young players that are really breaking out in a lot of places. Not just to Devils free agents.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Fire Pete DeBoer

I Love when we trap!

Old
02-10-2013, 11:07 PM
RJK

larsson seems to have gotten better positionally but he looks a little slow to read and react in play. i saw a couple times tonight where the timing was thrown off by him waiting an extra half second to pass or shoot. easily fixed tho. i hope as he matures physically his shot fills out as well

Old
02-10-2013, 11:10 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic
“Man, if there’s one team I really enjoy watching, it’s the Devils.” -- No one, ever #TribHKY

Pens beat writer
#********

If the Devils are winning, we're definitely playing the trap Some people never learn.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:14 PM
apice3*

Undrafted free agents rarely leave the teams that gave them the opportunity to succeed. He's not going anywhere.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Status Quo*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
I Love when we trap!

holy **** francesa

Old
02-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
#********

If the Devils are winning, we're definitely playing the trap Some people never learn.
Maybe if the Devils dove and whined more that beat writer would like them better?

Old
02-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

I don't like Lou's policies on UFA's (Though he hit a home run with Zajac) though I don't feel it has cost us any yet. I think Parise wanted to leave, and I'll stick by that forever. I was more pissed Lou, and the Hucksterbeek had Marty on the UFA market than anything. I just hope Patty doesn't see it this year unless he really wants to.

Guys like Rafalski left cause he wanted a slight raise. Lou wouldn't give it to him, so he took a big raise to go to the Wings. Gomez was going to the highest bidder, and Lou wasn't dumb enough to give him that brutal contract that Sather did.

Gionta was never offered another contract, and Paul Martin felt he had a better chance to win in Pittsburgh!

Old
02-10-2013, 11:18 PM
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Undrafted free agents rarely leave the teams that gave them the opportunity to succeed. He's not going anywhere.
Unless the Devils don't make a great offer, Ex: Rafalski

BTW, Larsson was our minutes leader tonight aside from Greene, and was solid on almost every shift.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Quo View Post
holy **** francesa
I knew it was not really him, that kid is in much better shape.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:20 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Larsson won't be sitting for a while. I feel bad for Tallinder at this point. I didn't care for him at all, but he hasn't annoyed me particularly at all this year when he was in the lineup. I'd like to see him get traded just so he has a place to play.
Yeah I don't like that this situation has forced us to sit Tallinder, but he has had a bit of a star-crossed Devils tenure here. He was terrible in the first half two years ago just like everyone else, then was fine in the second half when nobody cared. He wasn't too great in the first half last year then wasn't around when the team picked it up.

I don't think Lou's moving a defenseman till the deadline at this point, if then. The early record's bought us time to hoard our depth in case of injury or Pete getting tired of Zidlicky (the sixth most icetime today, and been steadily decreasing).

Old
02-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

Rafalski was getting $4 million I believe? For the two years on that last contract with us. He wanted $4.5 million a year I think. Whatever it was he wanted a mere $500k grand raise a year. Lou wouldn't give it to him, and he went to the Wings for like $6 million a year. I think other than that Lou would have kept him if he signed for $4 million a year. He put up 60 points in his last season here.

Someone like Madden was just aging. We already had that brutal Pandolfo contract which we found out by then was just that. I don't think Lou wanted two of those bad contracts considering Madden got around the same from the Hawks as Pandolfo, only for just one year instead of two.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Yeah I don't like that this situation has forced us to sit Tallinder, but he has had a bit of a star-crossed Devils tenure here. He was terrible in the first half two years ago just like everyone else, then was fine in the second half when nobody cared. He wasn't too great in the first half last year then wasn't around when the team picked it up.

I don't think Lou's moving a defenseman till the deadline at this point, if then. The early record's bought us time to hoard our depth in case of injury or Pete getting tired of Zidlicky (the sixth most icetime today, and been steadily decreasing).
Yeah Tallinder I didn't like last season before he got injured. I'll never forget the nightmare of a pairing of Fayne, and Tallinder. It was good under Lemaire, but last year it was a horrific sight.

I can't see Zid being a scratch with our PP clicking right now.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:27 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Captains rarely leave the team they just went to the Finals with either. We don't have a great track record with precedent helping us.

I'm not worried about Clarkson yet, until his first uncertain quote that we all panic over lol, but at least Pete should still be here and that does help more than anything else imo. Marty probably won't play after another year or two into Clarkson's next deal, but he'll still be around in some capacity, they can fool around with toy snakes all they want.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:27 PM
theking72
Confucius Ackbar

vCash: 1120

Old
02-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Status Quo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
I knew it was not really him, that kid is in much better shape.
That kid is around ~200 lbs lighter then good ole boy Franny

Old
02-10-2013, 11:30 PM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDevil View Post
"Man, if there's one journalist whose opinion i really care about, it's Dejan Kovacevic" - - No one, ever.

If I Twatted, or whatever the kids are doing on the interwebs these days, that would be my retort to that Pens nob. #tasteyourownmedicine

Closed Thread