HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part V)

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 09:40 AM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

vCash: 500
jw2 a few posts above me... Didn't want to quote it. (ouch, boned by the page change).

Is that a spoiler? Or a guess? If that's a spoiler I'm going to be super pissed

(confirmed: guess)

I need to stop coming into this thread. I feel like some comic book guys, despite the shows divergence from the comic books (I only know this because posters bring it up), make "predictions" but obviously know what's going to happen. But I digress.

Thought that was a good episode. Interesting that they're sending Tyrese to Woodbury. Are they really going to play the same plot-line though where the "street smart" black character figures it out while the white people stay ignorant? Tyrese seems like a sharp dude, so I suspect he'll put things into place quickly.

Last edited by silverfish: 02-25-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old
02-25-2013, 09:44 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
preview for next week (don't read the comments if you go to the yourtube page, they may contain spoilers)

Old
02-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Bruv
Loveless

vCash: 50
I hope Tyreese figures out Woodbury soon, like next episode.. dragging that on would be a pain

Old
02-25-2013, 10:05 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
jw2 a few posts above me... Didn't want to quote it. (ouch, boned by the page change).

Is that a spoiler? Or a guess? If that's a spoiler I'm going to be super pissed

I need to stop coming into this thread. I feel like some comic book guys, despite the shows divergence from the comic books (I only know this because posters bring it up), make "predictions" but obviously know what's going to happen. But I digress.
It was a guess.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:15 AM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
It was a guess.
Ok, thanks! I just hate running into accidental spoilers

Old
02-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Central PA Hawk Fan

I actually kind of enjoyed this episode. I really liked toward the end just showing Rick kinda getting back to some semblance of normalcy and the group sorta finding some peace before the inevitable s-storm. For sure it was one of the weakest this season, but after the breakneck pace they've been going that past few eps, they were due for a slow the pace down type episode. I liked the talk between Carl and Rick, I like where they're going with Carl's character.

As for the Andrea stuff, its obvious they're sorta writing her as a "battered wife" type in that she's not gonna see the Gov's warts and she's trying to rationalize falling for this dude, so she's still trying to justify his actions because she cares about him.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Central PA Hawk Fan

On an unrelated note, looking back through the thread, part 5 of this thread might only cover 2 episodes... epic.

(shamelessly posting this to help close out the thread before next week.)

Old
02-25-2013, 11:01 AM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
I always put spoiler tags around even the smallest of comic spoilers.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Oxide

Too bad Merle will probably die. I'm liking him being back with Rick's group.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

vCash: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
Too bad Merle will probably die. I'm liking him being back with Rick's group.
Agreed. Wasn't crazy about him as a character in S1, the limited amount of time we got to see him anyway, but I liked him this last episode. Especially the Merle & Herschel scene.

As the guy on TD said, Merle seems to be in it for Merle but if the group can even somewhat harness him, he's an incredibly valuable member to the group.

On a side note, Herschel mentioned that Merle had a background in military during this episode IIRC. Has this been mentioned before in the series? I'm having trouble remembering if it's been brought up before.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Oxide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Agreed. Wasn't crazy about him as a character in S1, the limited amount of time we got to see him anyway, but I liked him this last episode. Especially the Merle & Herschel scene.

As the guy on TD said, Merle seems to be in it for Merle but if the group can even somewhat harness him, he's an incredibly valuable member to the group.

On a side note, Herschel mentioned that Merle had a background in military during this episode IIRC. Has this been mentioned before in the series? I'm having trouble remembering if it's been brought up before.
I wasn't aware of that until Herschel said it.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:09 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
I hope Tyreese figures out Woodbury soon, like next episode.. dragging that on would be a pain
I get the feeling they won't right away though.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Oxide

Although they might hold off on killing Merle for right now; since the game that's about Merle and Daryl comes out on March 19th. So I don't know if they would want to kill him off before the release of the game.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:38 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Merle and Daryl are about the only reasons I still watch the show. I liked it better when the group was on the move and not so "safe" in a prison.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:47 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
I wasn't aware of that until Herschel said it.
Did they allude to that when Merle was still handcuffed on the roof, and was babbling to himself?

Somewhere along the way, I got the notion he had a military background.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Some folks wanted to leave Woodbury -- before Andrea gave her awe-inspiring speech (snicker).

Would be nice if some of them defected and joined the prison crew.
maybe they could get to Tyreese and clue him in, and he could then lead them to the prison.
Or they could go with the Gov, and betray him.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Eisen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaems View Post
Meh.

Hey, wasn't it just last week or the week before that the Governor basically said Andrea would take over as leader of the town? Because this episode showed that the Governor is more hands on than before and nobody listens to Andrea.

This Andrea-centric episode just showed that she is a broken and frustrating character.

Yeah, the nerd is going to trust you after only knowing you for a few days over say, the Governor who he's been with since the beginning. Smart.

So she goes to the prison. Seeing as how they've been separated for over nine months, this should've been a momentous emotional moment. Instead, it was empty because she has little connection with any of the characters, including the person who she spent most of the year with. Andrea accuses Michonne of poisoning the group against the Governor. Did Andrea completely forget the insane things the guy did?

Carol suggests Andrea sleep with the Governor and then kill him. What? Where did this side of Carol come from? It seemed out of character.

No one really tries to convince her to stay (or maybe Carol convinced her to become an assassin), so she gets a car, gun, and knife despite the twice mentioned limited resources of the group. Thus, Andrea goes back to the Governor for the umpteenth time despite the fact that y'know, he tried to kill her best friend multiple times, collected heads in aquariums, tortured her friends, and shot up the prison. Maybe she was going to be loyal to Rick's group and Michonne, who saved her many times over. Or not. As if she was going to do something smart. I don't even care at this point.

Andrea seems like a wishy-washy character whose only role is to participate the dumbest way possible to move the plot forward.
I don't really agree. Andrea is trying to get the two groups move together. Woodbury people live like royalty compared to what the others have and there is secure space. The average people there are not like the governor and his cronies. I can completely see where she is coming from and it's not like she doesn't have doubts.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Hellfish

Andrea is a pain in the carcass, for sure, but, look at it from a different point of view. The prison group abadoned her for dead at the farm. She watched them drive away. Then she had to survive for the winter, assume 6 months like here in Alberta. Fighting zombies, searching for food. Barely getting any rest. Getting very sick.

Now, she's found a spot that is relativly safe, water, food, electricity, liquor. She sees the squalor the the prison folks, or the people that abandoned her for dead live in, why would she want to stay with them?

It's like running into high school friends years after graduation, sure, you still consider them friends, just not close friends as you, and they, have moved on.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
Andrea is a pain in the carcass, for sure, but, look at it from a different point of view. The prison group abadoned her for dead at the farm. She watched them drive away. Then she had to survive for the winter, assume 6 months like here in Alberta. Fighting zombies, searching for food. Barely getting any rest. Getting very sick.

Now, she's found a spot that is relativly safe, water, food, electricity, liquor. She sees the squalor the the prison folks, or the people that abandoned her for dead live in, why would she want to stay with them?

It's like running into high school friends years after graduation, sure, you still consider them friends, just not close friends as you, and they, have moved on.
Except they saw her go down, thinking she was gone. They didn't just drive away as she was standing there. And it's funny you bring this up, because she didn't even bring it up in the episode, IIRC. Doubtful she holds it against them like you are implying.

And I'm going to assume that the winters in Georgia aren't QUITE like those in Alberta.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Eisen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
Except they saw her go down, thinking she was gone. They didn't just drive away as she was standing there. And it's funny you bring this up, because she didn't even bring it up in the episode, IIRC. Doubtful she holds it against them like you are implying.

And I'm going to assume that the winters in Georgia aren't QUITE like those in Alberta.
Miserable enough I'd guess without shelter and hardly any food and no medicine. And that doesn't even include the zombies.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
Filler episode. Andrea still being dumb.
this. really boring episode.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:56 PM
jw2

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post

I can understand this, and thought this when Rick threw her against the fence and frisked her. I thought there would have been a bigger "reunion" sob moment, but thats not the world they live in. The group knows this is the woman sleeping with the guy that is trying to kill them. She couldnt figure out why they werent trying to make it into a big deal that she was there, and alive.

But, once you see that 'your group' has teamed up with 'your savior' (Michonne), and they are telling you that Glenn/Maggie was tortured and Merle was ordered to kill Michonne (and potentially her) by the Governor, it should have been pretty obvious to her. Heck, even quiet Carol told her to kill him.

That's partially why everyone hates Andrea. She's so dumb. On top of that, she complained about Woodburys fights, saw Gov wanted Merle vs Darryl, she saw Penny, the heads, and now Milton is so freakin weird...

At this point, I'm hoping Tyreese and Andrea strike up a convo, and maybe eventually they can figure this out.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:59 PM
TheBeastCoast

vCash: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Merle and Daryl are about the only reasons I still watch the show. I liked it better when the group was on the move and not so "safe" in a prison.
How exactly is the prison "safe" right now?

Old
02-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
I agree. Although I'm still enjoying the show, I'd prefer the focus to be on the zombies and not the governor and his town. The first couple episodes of the first season were the best IMO.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:21 PM
krudmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
I agree. Although I'm still enjoying the show, I'd prefer the focus to be on the zombies and not the governor and his town. The first couple episodes of the first season were the best IMO.
Uh, do you realize how boring zombies actually are?

Closed Thread