HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bylsma/coaching staff discussion thread II

View Poll Results: So can Bylsma still lead them to the promised land?
Sure why not, Bylsma’s system is fine. The team will win another cup with him 40 33.33%
Nah, Bylsma has a better chance of winning dancing with the stars than another cup 80 66.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Ziggyjoe21

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Why are people still complaining about Tangradi? He was given literally every opportunity to succeed. He got a chance with elite players and failed. He got a chance with 4th line grinders and failed. He got a chance to play relatively big minutes in the playoffs while Sid and Geno were injured and he failed at that too. He showed literally zero offense and was outscored by Craig Adams last season.

Playing time is earned, not given.

Ziggyjoe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:44 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
If Tangradi continues down the path of irrelevance, will you concede, or still blame the Penguins?
what does this post mean? Because unless you're going purely by points, he hasn't been irrelevant since the trade. 13+ minutes a night, and the fans and coaches all loving his game.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21 View Post
Why are people still complaining about Tangradi? He was given literally every opportunity to succeed. He got a chance with elite players and failed. He got a chance with 4th line grinders and failed. He got a chance to play relatively big minutes in the playoffs while Sid and Geno were injured and he failed at that too. He showed literally zero offense and was outscored by Craig Adams last season.

We didn't give Tangradi a true shot playing conistent minutes with noted superstars Craig Adams and Tanner Glass. Fire DB!

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
If Tangradi continues down the path of irrelevance, will you concede, or still blame the Penguins?
I already conceded on Kraft, who I thought would be the Pens #1 pivot when Lemieux retired.

I conceded on Lupy when he never rounded out his positional game enough to be a legit NHLer.

I conceded on Tibbetts who I thought had the makings of a true power fwd, but I had to give it up when I realized he had a 10c head.

I admitted I overrated Welch when he continued to struggle.

I admitted Moon was too immature to live up to what I thought he could be.

I admitted Vellieux was closer to bust territory than realizing the vast potential I said he had.

I admitted Petersen's chances at the NHL were dire after I pimped him out of jr, but saw him struggle in the A.

Jeffrey I thought didn't have the skating to even make a dent in the A, and admitted he proved me wrong.

I even didn't think Bobby Ryan had the skating to be a legit top six winger, admitted that I was wrong on him.

Did you think Tangradi was the first prospect I followed and defended? If he busts, it's no thing to me to say he didn't have it. I know for a fact most of the people who say he blows won't admit they were wrong though, if he has an NHL career.

The difference is I don't say anything about the guys I'm right about, including all the **** I took for saying Malkin would be as good as AO. I got ****ing hammered in that lottery thread when they lost, and for another year after the lockout when AO lit **** up, but I insisted what I saw of Malkin told me he was as good as AO.

I never threw it in anyone's face when Malkin blew up and even won the CS. What good does it do?

Being right or wrong doesn't affect my life, so I don't worry one way or another about winning a shinny metal. Like I said, I don't respect the opinion of anyone who wants Tangradi to fail (or any other prospect), just to say they were right. You don't like it, oh well.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:51 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:

False. He got a chance to play with Malkin who he's never played well with. He NEVER got a real chance to play with Crosby who he looked good with every single time they were out there together.

That's not just limited to Tangradi either. I guarantee you that neither Boychuk or Jeffrey will be tried with Crosby before they are eventually shipped out too. Bennett probably won't ever see a shift there either as long as Kunitz and Dupuis are on this team.

MrBurgundy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:11 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
False. He got a chance to play with Malkin who he's never played well with. He NEVER got a real chance to play with Crosby who he looked good with every single time they were out there together.

That's not just limited to Tangradi either. I guarantee you that neither Boychuk or Jeffrey will be tried with Crosby before they are eventually shipped out too. Bennett probably won't ever see a shift there either as long as Kunitz and Dupuis are on this team.
Bingo.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:01 PM
MtlPenFan

Tangradi with a solid 6 minutes of ice through two periods.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:09 PM
gordie

Quote:
If Tangradi doesn't crash & bang and create turnovers with his size, he's won't stay in the NHL.

gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post

So you think Crosby magically turns bad players good? Stupid Bylsma should just give Kunitz back to Malkin and let Boychuk tear it up with Sid.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
So you think Crosby magically turns bad players good? Stupid Bylsma should just give Kunitz back to Malkin and let Boychuk tear it up with Sid.
I know that Cooke Sid Kennedy were on a tear together at the end of last season and Kunitz Malkin Neal was the best line in hockey.

This season I suppose one could go with that - more likely with Dupuis added instead of either Cooke or Kennedy. If nothing else for a spell to see if it works and whether it gets the Malkin line back to ES dominance.

It is quite expensive for us having Malkin's line do nothing ES... and it doesn't seem totally out there going with what you have seen first hand to work in the past. Less so than the many instances of doing what consistently does not, at least.

At least until the deadline where we would still all (I think) prefer getting an upgrade for Sid that enables us to slide Kunitz down.
There will be some blending together issues there anyway when that hopefully/inevitably happens, and it would seem to make sense to not have to have that happen on both line 1 and 2 at the same time.

IMO and with the utmost respect .

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:23 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
I know that Cooke Sid Kennedy were on a tear together at the end of last season and Kunitz Malkin Neal was the best line in hockey.

This season I suppose one could go with that - more likely with Dupuis added instead of either Cooke or Kennedy. If nothing else for a spell to see if it works and whether it gets the Malkin line back to ES dominance.

It is quite expensive for us having Malkin's line do nothing ES... and it doesn't seem totally out there going with what you have seen first hand to work in the past. Less so than the many instances of doing what consistently does not, at least.

At least until the deadline where we would still all (I think) prefer getting an upgrade for Sid that enables us to slide Kunitz down.
There will be some blending together issues there anyway when that hopefully/inevitably happens, and it would seem to make sense to not have to have that happen on both line 1 and 2 at the same time.

IMO and with the utmost respect .
Tangradi does nothing to aid or solve this problem.

But yes, I agree the Pens need a top 6 LW.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
Tangradi does nothing to aid or solve this problem.
Left field? Where did I say anything about that?
Anyway, I suppose the tangential relevance is that whereas Bylsma sticks #whoever# on Malkin's left wing to see if it works, when it comes to Sid there is Kunitz + Dupuis every virtually single shift unless Bylsma goes with all the big guns on the same line.

What some here are asking for is that once in a while it would be interesting to also have these 'tests' being run on Crosby's line. Who knows, we might have someone magically sticking there the same way it has happened with Dupuis and Geno once made happen with Talbot-Fedotenko.

Ultimately it is about the greater good of the team more so than these guys individual feelings. Or should be.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Left field? Where did I say anything about that?
Anyway, I suppose the tangential relevance is that whereas Bylsma sticks #whoever# on Malkin's left wing to see if it works, when it comes to Sid there is Kunitz + Dupuis every virtually single shift unless Bylsma goes with all the big guns on the same line.

What some here are asking for is that once in a while it would be interesting to also have these 'tests' being run on Crosby's line. Who knows, we might have someone magically sticking there the same way it has happened with Dupuis and Geno once made happen with Talbot-Fedotenko.

Ultimately it is about the greater good of the team more so than these guys individual feelings. Or should be.
You live in China? How do you watch games?

Old
02-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
You live in China? How do you watch games?
On weekdays.... Breakfast and coffee at home with periods 1 and 2 (center ice connected to the TV), then drive to the office. Close the doors on my employees and watch period 3 on the computer). Profit.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:38 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

The fact that the disco-dolt STILL has BB on the 3rd line, makes me want to smash this guys head in.

If this moron is still behind the bench come playoff time we are toast.

The game they played last night in philly is a perfect example of this teams true colors and what a joke they are and how easily they get rattled and fall apart.

They are TOAST come playoff time.

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Marcus Halberstram*

Apologies if this has already been covered here, but. . .

Assuming the Pens are healthy come playoff time and bow out early again, is DB done or does Shero cut him some more slack?

Marcus Halberstram* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:01 AM
StoneColdFlower*
El Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Halberstram View Post
Apologies if this has already been covered here, but. . .

Assuming the Pens are healthy come playoff time and bow out early again, is DB done or does Shero cut him some more slack?
I'm not sure he deserves even that much. He makes mistakes that my 9-year-old brother wouldn't even make. I love for us to win as much as any Penguins fan, but all too often I feel like we win in spite of ourselves and in spite of Bylsma's decision-making, and that in the medium and long term it ends up biting us in the ass. In the 91 and 92 cup years, we were not spectacular in the regular season, but **** could that team ever play playoff hockey, a crucial reason for Badger Bob and (to a lesser extent, at least among Penguin fans) Scottie Bowman are still revered. With more discipline, firmer coaching, and better decision making from the coaching staff, we'd be beastly. Philly has more holes and less talent than we do, and they still manage to beat us far more often than they should. We can't hold leads against anyone. Even that game we played against Boston during their collapse last year wherein we humiliated Tim Thomas nearly ended up falling apart for us, and there's absolutely no excuse for this **** to happen as often as it does.

Last edited by StoneColdFlower*: 02-22-2013 at 01:08 AM.
StoneColdFlower* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I do think DB may be out if they lose in round one again. You just can't have two straight one and done's with this roster. I think Shero would turn it over to someone else at that point.

Fire the coach many here currently hate for the right to hire a coach some other team's fans hated before getting fired. I guess that's hockey.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:21 AM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I already conceded on Kraft, who I thought would be the Pens #1 pivot when Lemieux retired.

I conceded on Lupy when he never rounded out his positional game enough to be a legit NHLer.

I conceded on Tibbetts who I thought had the makings of a true power fwd, but I had to give it up when I realized he had a 10c head.

I admitted I overrated Welch when he continued to struggle.

I admitted Moon was too immature to live up to what I thought he could be.

I admitted Vellieux was closer to bust territory than realizing the vast potential I said he had.

I admitted Petersen's chances at the NHL were dire after I pimped him out of jr, but saw him struggle in the A.

Jeffrey I thought didn't have the skating to even make a dent in the A, and admitted he proved me wrong.

I even didn't think Bobby Ryan had the skating to be a legit top six winger, admitted that I was wrong on him.

Did you think Tangradi was the first prospect I followed and defended? If he busts, it's no thing to me to say he didn't have it. I know for a fact most of the people who say he blows won't admit they were wrong though, if he has an NHL career.

The difference is I don't say anything about the guys I'm right about, including all the **** I took for saying Malkin would be as good as AO. I got ****ing hammered in that lottery thread when they lost, and for another year after the lockout when AO lit **** up, but I insisted what I saw of Malkin told me he was as good as AO.

I never threw it in anyone's face when Malkin blew up and even won the CS. What good does it do?

Being right or wrong doesn't affect my life, so I don't worry one way or another about winning a shinny metal. Like I said, I don't respect the opinion of anyone who wants Tangradi to fail (or any other prospect), just to say they were right. You don't like it, oh well.
Do you know what it is? You know so much about about these young players and prospects around the league and follow them so closely, that I think you have trouble gaining perspective on their overall league value sometimes. I am really complementing you on how much you know about all these young guys. It is impressive

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:27 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 1000
I understand Crosby's line is "clicking" (if you can call it that), but I'm not sure why he doesn't even at least attempt a few shifts with Bennett on Crosby's wing, just to see if there's anything there. If it works, then that can free up Kunitz to bump down to Malkin and Neal's line.

I don't know. Not the end of the world or anything but, Bylsma doesn't seem to want to experiment with Sid's line. As long as Dupuis and Kunitz are healthy, they're staying with Sid. Even when there's a possibility it could solve *both* lines' issues if Bennett and Sid mesh.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:42 AM
StoneColdFlower*
El Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Do you know what it is? You know so much about about these young players and prospects around the league and follow them so closely, that I think you have trouble gaining perspective on their overall league value sometimes. I am really complementing you on how much you know about all these young guys. It is impressive
Isn't it weird the way in which brilliance can bring myopia and idiocy and foolishness, wisdom? (not saying you're a fool...just me waxing nonsense after a few glasses of spiked apple-cinnamon cider).

StoneColdFlower* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:55 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I understand Crosby's line is "clicking" (if you can call it that), but I'm not sure why he doesn't even at least attempt a few shifts with Bennett on Crosby's wing, just to see if there's anything there. If it works, then that can free up Kunitz to bump down to Malkin and Neal's line.

I don't know. Not the end of the world or anything but, Bylsma doesn't seem to want to experiment with Sid's line. As long as Dupuis and Kunitz are healthy, they're staying with Sid. Even when there's a possibility it could solve *both* lines' issues if Bennett and Sid mesh.
Bennett isn't ready to just "mesh" with Sid to the degree that he will be as effective as Kunitz has been. I just don't see taking Kunitz off Sid's line as a good idea right now.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:05 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Your updates seemed to stop. He had almost 6 minutes in the 3rd period of a close game.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:21 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Since the lockout and the Kraft debacle, I've actually become more critical of guys I watch and have been right way more than I've been wrong. As I said, I don't thump my chest when I'm right. I'm not over there telling the haters I was right about guys like Kadri and Frattin. One, because its too early, two because patting myself on the back doesn't do anything for me.

When I kept warning people about guys like Stone, Caputi, Filewich, and caught **** for it, I never threw it in anyone's face I was right. I don't want to be right when I think a guy doesn't have it. Even when those guys were in other org, I kept hoping they would prove me wrong.

Now we have people rooting agt Strait and Tangradi. What kind of ****** openly roots agt a young guy so they can be a msg board hero?

Like I said I have no respect for those type of posters.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:29 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Since the lockout and the Kraft debacle, I've actually become more critical of guys I watch and have been right way more than I've been wrong. As I said, I don't thump my chest when I'm right. I'm not over there telling the haters I was right about guys like Kadri and Frattin. One, because its too early, two because patting myself on the back doesn't do anything for me.

When I kept warning people about guys like Stone, Caputi, Filewich, and caught **** for it, I never threw it in anyone's face I was right. I don't want to be right when I think a guy doesn't have it. Even when those guys were in other org, I kept hoping they would prove me wrong.

Now we have people rooting agt Strait and Tangradi. What kind of ****** openly roots agt a young guy so they can be a msg board hero?

Like I said I have no respect for those type of posters.
You know who might be a better poster child for patience than Kadri?

Juri Tlusty. Maybe it's just weird statistical noise at the start of a shortened season, but he seems to finally be living up to his draft position.