HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 13.0 - The Stickied Edition?!

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 09:23 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Can Piette be something great ?

Who are the clubs best prospects ?

Old
03-06-2013, 09:26 AM
gelu88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumcajs View Post
I doubt Saputo would expand the stadium before the foundation of the club has been entranced in Montreal. Perhaps by 2025 we are the Sounders of northeast
I didn't mean physical expansion. I mean turning more sections into GA.

Last year only 132 was GA. This year they added 131.

I hope that soon 133 will join as well.

But this will only happen if supporters sell out the existing section.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Captain Saku

Over 30k tickets sold for first game. Hoping for close to 40k.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Over 30k tickets sold for first game. Hoping for close to 40k.
Was hoping they could get 60,000.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:18 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

60000 would be awesome.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:22 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

I read that the Upper bowl is closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Can Piette be something great ?

Who are the clubs best prospects ?
In europe? Don't know. Haven't seen or read enough about him. But from what he is doing with the CANMNT, I'm sure he can be a perennial starter in the MLS that could eventually be courted by clubs in the BPL, who tend to scout the MLS more and more.

Best prospects in our club? I know someone posted an Article w/Pascal Milano last year, but I don't really remember. IMHO, I'd say Ouimette and Crepeau. But there are obviously others (even unsigned) like Tissot, Lefebre, Ilcu

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 03-06-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old
03-06-2013, 11:04 AM
gelu88

Somewhat disappointing news in the grand scheme of things.

When I saw the headline "8,000 tickets left for home opener against Toronto FC" I was ecstatic. But unfortunately it turns out that "the club is not expecting to open the upper bowl section, except for the Toronto supporters" (BTW on the TFC SG forums they say they are in sections 149,151 and 255-261, which are all lower bowl)

This might be a marketing ploy to get people to buy lower bowl tickets, and open up the top later, but if not, we can expect a max of 38,000.

Last year we had a bit of a spike leading up to the big games. Hopefully the plan is to sell out the lower bowl now and sell upper tickets during the last week based on the Buzz leading up to the game.

BTW. 4,500 TFC fans are confirmed to be coming!

Old
03-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Captain Saku

Last year we had 55k for the 1st MLS game in Impact's history and 60k against LAG.

The other 4 games we had between 20k and 25k. So having close to 40k for the opener this year is not that disappointing. I'd focus more on having at least an avg of 19k in SAputo Stadium.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:04 PM
ClasslessGuy

GF didn't want to go so I bought a single ticket for the home oppener... at least I have the first ticket in the row.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:12 PM
shawnt*

Impact's site is saying only 8k left as they aren't opening the upper bowl. Wish they'd tarp them off because the echo and look is going to hurt the atmosphere.

I'm about to purchase tickets off Admission via impactmontreal.com and want to use the Box Office Will Call Window to avoid the $14 fee for 2 tickets. Can I pick them up at any window at the Olympic Stadium and has anyone ever used this method or had any kind of problems on game day?

Old
03-06-2013, 03:07 PM
gelu88

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnt View Post
Impact's site is saying only 8k left as they aren't opening the upper bowl. Wish they'd tarp them off because the echo and look is going to hurt the atmosphere.

I'm about to purchase tickets off Admission via impactmontreal.com and want to use the Box Office Will Call Window to avoid the $14 fee for 2 tickets. Can I pick them up at any window at the Olympic Stadium and has anyone ever used this method or had any kind of problems on game day?
Don't use the admission website, they charge you $7 per ticket in fees, on top of shipping.

The cheapest way is to call the team boxoffice at 514-328-3668 and pick it up there.

They charge a $3 fee for games at O, and no fee at Saputo.

I got 2 GA($20) supporters section tickets and paid $46 total.

The will-call is a booth in the Stadium. All you have to do is show your credit card and they just give it to you. It works great and i've never had any problems. Obviously if the person paying is not there, you will have a problem.

Though I advise you to get there early(at least 30 mins before kickoff, if not an hour) because the lines often get very long.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnt View Post

I purchased 9 tickets package and told me I can pick them up at the entrance.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:27 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Was Riggi the best player in the Academy? The Impact Academy show on matv do not really show who are the best players.
No offense to him but I thought, by my observations watching the show, that's he was not really as mature as some of his teammates. He got tempted by the European adventure and got burned. To be fair, he went to Celta de Vigo first and then got released.

He could've been in the MLS squad this year. Now he's playing in a semi-professional team.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:31 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

We zone mark? Uh man.. Lets hope our defence is better than Arsenal's (Can't be that hard to beat) cause Arsenal are one of the only teams in England to use a zonal defense and it is absolutely horrendous, especially on set plays

Old
03-06-2013, 04:37 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

There's nothing wrong with zone D. As long as you have 1 man-to-man to shadow the opposing star forward. I hope they watch out for Nagbe.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
No offense to him but I thought, by my observations watching the show, that's he was not really as mature as some of his teammates. He got tempted by the European adventure and got burned. To be fair, he went to Celta de Vigo first and then got released.

He could've been in the MLS squad this year. Now he's playing in a semi-professional team.
I was under the same impression as you. And a visit to his facebook account reinforced my thoughts.

But he can always come back I assume. It's not like he completely disappeared he was still selected in the canada U-20 squad.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:42 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

IMO, our central D is too slow to play man-to-man in this league.

Old
03-06-2013, 06:38 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

@MLS: Between the Lines: @impactmontreal's new influence, WATCH ----> http://soc.cr/itg6L

@ecs_futbolgirl: @WeAreECS Capo: "Where Italians Retire" RT@MLS Between the Lines: @impactmontreal's new influence, WATCH ----> http://soc.cr/itg6L

@impactmontreal: ..And win in Seattle. MT @ecs_futbolgirl: @WeAreECS "Where Italians Retire" RT@MLS Between the Lines: @impactmontreal's new influence...

Well done whoever is in charge of the Impact twitter account lol

Old
03-06-2013, 06:50 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
@MLS: Between the Lines: @impactmontreal's new influence, WATCH ----> http://soc.cr/itg6L

@ecs_futbolgirl: @WeAreECS Capo: "Where Italians Retire" RT@MLS Between the Lines: @impactmontreal's new influence, WATCH ----> http://soc.cr/itg6L

@impactmontreal: ..And win in Seattle. MT @ecs_futbolgirl: @WeAreECS "Where Italians Retire" RT@MLS Between the Lines: @impactmontreal's new influence...

Well done whoever is in charge of the Impact twitter account lol

Old
03-06-2013, 06:54 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

When's our 1st game at Stade Saputo ?

Old
03-06-2013, 08:31 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
That's where an aggressive and pacey guy like Camara is very useful.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Bingo. 1st of all we have a legend in D positioning, why would we waste his talent by making him run like crazy? You cover your zone and if Bernier doesn't come in and help you out, the next free player will.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:40 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

You guys are right about Nesta & the positioning factor, but my main concern is on set plays. Zone defending on set pieices are really really tough if you don't have amazing ball headers [Which in some way we do, considering the MLS' standards]. Cause if someone gets a run on the ball and you don't get there before him, you are basically ****ed

Old
03-06-2013, 10:43 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
A succesful club with a lot of succesful local talent and a few international stars would be VERY VERY VERY VERY popular. If our young québécois develop and do well, the team will become a media darling quickly.
No doubt. That'd be amazing.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:46 PM
gelu88

I wonder how long we can/want to keep a player like Perkins, because it would be great if a player like Crepeau could take over at some point in the future.

We treat our local hockey goalies like gods ie: Roy, Dryden, Plante etc. It would be cool if some of that cultural recognition would rub on him as well. While I don't expect him to be of such a high level, Quebecers tend to latch on to locals regardless of their objective quality(Jaque Villeneuve comes to mind.)

Remember that Homegrown players DO NOT count against the Salary cap. We can sign them for however much Saputo wants, and given their marketing clout, I can see them being worth quite a bit.

Closed Thread