HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 13.0 - The Stickied Edition?!

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 08:59 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

vCash: 500
Chill out guys. Crepeau is only 18 and he's not that good right now. I wouldn't start him against any team this year. He needs a lot of work and that's why it's called potential.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Captain Saku

It sucks that soccer is played only once a week

Old
03-07-2013, 09:37 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Chill out guys. Crepeau is only 18 and he's not that good right now. I wouldn't start him against any team this year. He needs a lot of work and that's why it's called potential.
I don't think anyone disputes that. We are just excited to see him (and others) joining the first team. I, for one, knows we have to be very patient before we see real results from most of the Academy guys. Tissot being the one who could contribue the fastest because he plays at a position where we aren't that strong.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:43 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

I think Lefèvre might be more ready than Tissot with his experience but it is exciting for sure.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:44 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Is Crepeau the youngest goalie in MLS ?

Old
03-07-2013, 12:28 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
I think Lefèvre might be more ready than Tissot with his experience but it is exciting for sure.
I agree that Lefèvre is more ready, but I think Tissot will make an impact before because of the position he plays. Brovsky is great defensively, but he doesn't bring much offensively and Iapichino, well, he doesn't do much (but he is still young so, we might have to be patient).

Lefèvre is a CB and a CDM. He could establish himself as our CDM, but if Arnaud continues to play well next to Felipe, no way they sit him and bring Bernier forward, so no space for Lefèvre. Plus Warner and Camara can play CDM. As for CB, well, I don't need to expand on that

Old
03-07-2013, 12:53 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Can't we loan these guys ?

Old
03-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Can't we loan these guys ?
They will get alot of playing time in the CSL/Reserve league

Old
03-07-2013, 01:14 PM
gelu88

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/sch...reserve-league

We have 14 reserve games over the year, including 2 vs Rochester.

its fine, but In some cases I think we would be better off loaning players, nothing compares to Starting XI roles on the team.

I wonder, when Ottawa fury joins NASL next year, would they develop an relationship with TFC of Impact? I think they could gain very much from a relationship, just like we did last year with Edmonton.

And being just down the road means we can keep tabs on their progress more than anywhere else.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/sch...reserve-league

We have 14 reserve games over the year, including 2 vs Rochester.

its fine, but In some cases I think we would be better off loaning players, nothing compares to Starting XI roles on the team.

I wonder, when Ottawa fury joins NASL next year, would they develop an relationship with TFC of Impact? I think they could gain very much from a relationship, just like we did last year with Edmonton.

And being just down the road means we can keep tabs on their progress more than anywhere else.
The young players also play in the CSL (http://canadiansoccerleague.com/) where they play in the Starting 11.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:18 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Wouldn't it be better to loan them to NASL ?

Old
03-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Wouldn't it be better to loan them to NASL ?
It would be better competition than the CSL for sure. I know we loaned out Bryan Arguez to FC Edmonton last year.

I think the Impact would like to keep young players (18-22) in the academy so that they can develop chemistry or learn tactics that the big club uses. The players are also better surrounded in the academy where the focus is more on learning than a "winning now" mentality that the NASL would bring.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:35 PM
gelu88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
The young players also play in the CSL (http://canadiansoccerleague.com/) where they play in the Starting 11.
The CSL got its status revoked by the CSA, and probably will not play again in its current form.

I would hope that the Impact would join PLSQ instead, since Canadian soccer as a whole is going towards a CHL model with regional leagues, and PLSQ stands a strong chance of being a part of that process.

Speaking of which, has anyone here gone to many of their games? I feel like the best way to support soccer in Quebec right now is PLSQ as much as the Impact.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
The CSL got its status revoked by the CSA, and probably will not play again in its current form.

I would hope that the Impact would join PLSQ instead, since Canadian soccer as a whole is going towards a CHL model with regional leagues, and PLSQ stands a strong chance of being a part of that process.

Speaking of which, has anyone here gone to many of their games? I feel like the best way to support soccer in Quebec right now is PLSQ as much as the Impact.
Ahhhh you're right. I forgot about the match-fixing allegations.

It looks like the CSL will play this year but as an unsanctioned league and that the TFC and MTL academies will not play in the CSL.

The PLSQ looks like a plausible idea but I'm not really familiar with the level of play.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:41 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

These plays are still eligible to play with the U-21's IIRC, Ouimette played a couple of games with his old buds after signing his Pro Contract, while also playing in the reserve league

Old
03-07-2013, 03:10 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

What happenended in the CSL ?

Old
03-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
These plays are still eligible to play with the U-21's IIRC, Ouimette played a couple of games with his old buds after signing his Pro Contract, while also playing in the reserve league
Not sure about the exact number but they're allowed for like 5 games the whole season. They kept Ouimette until the playoffs.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:52 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Euro talk: Kyle Walker is really underrated. Strong, fast and very quick on his feet.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:48 PM
gelu88

Quote:
What happenended in the CSL ?
http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/3/5...l-play-in-2013

Quote:
... the league is facing serious issues with match fixing (their official position remains that the CBC was erroneous in their reports about the league)
in recent years it has been made quite clear that many clubs in the league are not meeting the standards that the CSA sets out for a division three league. There were plenty of reasons why the CSL could have been stripped of its sanctioning but the one that the CSA provided in their letter was that having ratified the recommendations of the Easton Report (also referred to as the Rethink Management Report) they would no longer be sanctioning the league.

The easton report is a very interesting document that everyone should read. Its pretty short, and outlines how pro soccer should look like for Canada to best develop its players and succeed on the world stage.

After going through all the options, with Strengths, weaknesses, Opportunities and benefits, they concluded that the best solution is to have 3-4 regional leagues that are linked by a common organizational framework, much like QMJHL, OHL and WHL are linked to form the CHL.

The current CSL could certainly become a part of that, but the structure was determined to simply be to rotten to work with. So the OSA is working on creating a new league called Ontario League One, which should be ready in 1 or 2 years

Quote:
The PLSQ looks like a plausible idea but I'm not really familiar with the level of play.
If it gives you any idea the "Star" players include Impact players from the NASL days as well as others:

Eduardo Sebrango (FC L'Assomption)
Antonio Ribeiro (FC L'Assomption)
Frederico Moojen (FC L'Assomption)
Sandro Grande (Saint-Léonard FC)
Rocco Placentino (Saint-Léonard FC)
Simon Gatti (Saint-Léonard FC)
Hicham Aâboubou (Saint-Léonard FC)
Camilo Trujillo (FC Boisbriand)
Marvin Charles Omie (FC Boisbriand)

In addition to these guys the rest are some of the best young players from local leagues.

If this league can survive, I can imagine lots of Impact academy prospects coming in this way.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:21 AM
shawnt*

Quote:
Don't use the admission website, they charge you $7 per ticket in fees, on top of shipping.

The cheapest way is to call the team boxoffice at 514-328-3668 and pick it up there.

They charge a $3 fee for games at O, and no fee at Saputo.

I got 2 GA($20) supporters section tickets and paid $46 total.

The will-call is a booth in the Stadium. All you have to do is show your credit card and they just give it to you. It works great and i've never had any problems. Obviously if the person paying is not there, you will have a problem.

Though I advise you to get there early(at least 30 mins before kickoff, if not an hour) because the lines often get very long.
Took your advice and got 2 green level row seats for $42 each, all included. Will be showing up an hour and a half in advance to pick them up. I always like to be back at the Stadium to walk around, have some lunch and get nostalgic over the days of the Expos anyways.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:40 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

The PLSQ seems like a good caliber league.

Old
03-08-2013, 06:45 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Anyone know whats up with Anthony Jackson-Hamel? Seemed like he was going to be a huge prospect. He played a lot, got called up by the national team (Not the senior team) on a couple of occasions, but he seems to have been taking a secondary spot as of late... Hasn't been held on by the pro team during last seasons training camp, or this seasons. Could he (unfortunately) end up following the same road as Redda Agouram?

Also noticed that Tissot makes me think of Jeb Brovsky. Similar type of Left Backs.

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 03-08-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old
03-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Anyone know whats up with Anthony Jackson-Hamel? Seemed like he was going to be a huge prospect. He played a lot, got called up by the national team (Not the senior team) on a couple of occasions, but he seems to have been taking a secondary spot as of late... Hasn't been held on by the pro team during last seasons training camp, or this seasons. Could he (unfortunately) end up following the same road as Redda Agouram?

Also noticed that Tissot makes me think of Jeb Brovsky. Similar type of Left Backs.
Didn't seem to me similar type of Left Backs at all. Tissot is very fast and seemed to be very offensive minded while Brovsky has almost close to 0 offense and very responsible defensively.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:19 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Didn't seem to me similar type of Left Backs at all. Tissot is very fast and seemed to be very offensive minded while Brovsky has almost close to 0 offense and very responsible defensively.
Sorry. I meant to say Technically. The way they run with the ball at their feet, their first touch, the way they dribble with the ball. and pass it around. From what I have seen, they both rarely go for long the long balls, they keep it short.

With Brovsky though, he was drafted as a defensive mid, and Marsch converted him to a left back. I completely agree with you, we can clearly the defensive mid come out of him lol. Thats one thing I really have yet to get used to here in Montreal. The full backs in all the other teams seem to be way more offensive than ours. But the truth is, our players & system do not really suit that play. The team goes with a 1 striker formation, who isn't the tallest, and both our starting full backs are converted defensive mids (Camara CDM->CB->RB & Brovsky CDM->LB).

I am intrigued to see what Zarek's role will be this year. Barely seen him play preseason. Doesn't seem as flamboyant in the media. He still is very young. I still don't remember why he got benched last season. If I remember well, I think it was because we had all our CB's healthy, So Matteo was pushed out to Left Back, and Brovsky was just better than Zarek, so he got the spot at RB. Showed some good promise. Still remember that goal against Colombus to tie the game, before eventually having Justin Mapp (!!!!) win a penalty in the 86th minute that Bernier slotted in.

I'm also hoping that Nesta helps a lot off the field. That he helps the current players, like Ouimette, but also Montreal's reputation in Europe once he leaves. Hopefully thanks to Nesta we will still be able to get in contact with European/Italian talents.

Got plans with Friends.. Missing both the Habs & Impact game tomorrow Haven't missed a full Habs game in literally 3 years. I normally always find a way to see atleast 10 minutes of it. Same with the Impact.

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 03-08-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old
03-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Sorry. I meant to say Technically. The way they run with the ball at their feet, their first touch, the way they dribble with the ball. and pass it around. From what I have seen, they both rarely go for long the long balls, they keep it short.

With Brovsky though, he was drafted as a defensive mid, and Marsch converted him to a left back. I completely agree with you, we can clearly the defensive mid come out of him lol. Thats one thing I really have yet to get used to here in Montreal. The full backs in all the other teams seem to be way more offensive than ours. But the truth is, our players & system do not really suit that play. The team goes with a 1 striker formation, who isn't the tallest, and both our starting full backs are converted defensive mids (Camara CDM->CB->RB & Brovsky CDM->LB).

I am intrigued to see what Zarek's role will be this year. Barely seen him play preseason. Doesn't seem as flamboyant in the media. He still is very young. I still don't remember why he got benched last season. If I remember well, I think it was because we had all our CB's healthy, So Matteo was pushed out to Left Back, and Brovsky was just better than Zarek, so he got the spot at RB. Showed some good promise. Still remember that goal against Colombus to tie the game, before eventually having Justin Mapp (!!!!) win a penalty in the 86th minute that Bernier slotted in.

I'm also hoping that Nesta helps a lot off the field. That he helps the current players, like Ouimette, but also Montreal's reputation in Europe once he leaves. Hopefully thanks to Nesta we will still be able to get in contact with European/Italian talents.

Got plans with Friends.. Missing both the Habs & Impact game tomorrow Haven't missed a full Habs game in literally 3 years. I normally always find a way to see atleast 10 minutes of it. Same with the Impact.
You answered your own question about our full backs Laurent, we don't have natural full backs, Valentin is a natural Right Back, he was able to score a crucial goal last season because he understands better when to move forward, it's his natural position. But right now, Camara is just a lot better than him.

Tomorrow I have to go to Ottawa for the whole day, I will miss the habs game for sure but will try to drive back as fast as possible to catch the impact game lol.

Closed Thread