HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 13.0 - The Stickied Edition?!

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Captain Saku

vCash: 500
At this point Felipe deserves to be on the bench.

I liked the guy a lot in the 4-2-3-1 formation, but in a 4-1-4-1 where he needs to work in the midfield, he's just really not good. He loses the ball too often, and with lack of space he doesn't know what to do with the ball. If we can get a DP who can dribble the ball in tight areas and can distribute and pass the ball forward then I don't mind benching Felipe. We'll have to see however how long Arnaud will keep the good play, I'm still skeptical.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:55 AM
fan75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
I'd guess so. Depending on who practices the best, Ouimette could also get the start as RB or CB. Lefèvre might start at CB also. But your scenario is the most likely.
What about Tissot at LB and Brovsky at RB?

Old
03-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Padrino86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
At this point Felipe deserves to be on the bench.

I liked the guy a lot in the 4-2-3-1 formation, but in a 4-1-4-1 where he needs to work in the midfield, he's just really not good. He loses the ball too often, and with lack of space he doesn't know what to do with the ball. If we can get a DP who can dribble the ball in tight areas and can distribute and pass the ball forward then I don't mind benching Felipe. We'll have to see however how long Arnaud will keep the good play, I'm still skeptical.
lol over reaction much? 1 bad game and he deserves to be benched?

Old
03-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan75 View Post
Given Schalli's lack of love for Valentin and mine for Iapichino, this what I expect and hope for.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:24 PM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino86 View Post
we`ll to be fair, we are habs fans lol

Old
03-17-2013, 12:25 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

I'd give Iapichino another shot after training with the whole back line for one full week. Then if Iapi struggles against NYRB, give Tissot a shot. Kind of hard because the next two games, both right wingers we will play against are Fabian Espindola and Graham Zusi. Doesn't get any harder than that in the MLS

EDIT: Just realized in 1 month from now (approx) our game against Chicago will be broadcasted on NBC Sports Not too shabby

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 03-17-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old
03-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
3 bad games. Felipe wasn't good in any of his 3 games so far. He scored a goal last game, but that's about it.

Last year I was very critical about his play when we used to play 4-4-2 at the beginning of the season, but then he improved a lot when we switched to 4-2-3-1. All I'm saying is, if he can't play as a CM and Schalli want to keep this formation then I don't mind acquiring a DP and bench him. However I think we should switch to 4-2-3-1, at least at home.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:37 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I guess we can expect Valentine to be on the move soon ?

Old
03-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Padrino86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
3 bad games. Felipe wasn't good in any of his 3 games so far. He scored a goal last game, but that's about it.

Last year I was very critical about his play when we used to play 4-4-2 at the beginning of the season, but then he improved a lot when we switched to 4-2-3-1. All I'm saying is, if he can't play as a CM and Schalli want to keep this formation then I don't mind acquiring a DP and bench him. However I think we should switch to 4-2-3-1, at least at home.
he also made a very good pass to Arnaud for the goal in Seattle. Players will always have less space in Soccer away from home... stop talking because u have no idea what your talking about.

I'm not saying he has been incredible but he has been playing fine.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:43 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
he also made a very good pass to Arnaud for the goal in Seattle. Players will always have less space in Soccer away from home... stop talking because u have no idea what your talking about.

Im one of Felipe's biggest supporters, but I have to say he has somewhat of a legit point. But its an explainable one. With last years' 4231, Felipe was the "Centerpeice". Arnaud and Mapp were down right **** on the wings. So our attack basically was Felipe & MDV, Felipe being the only one that could create something. He therefore was the focal point of our attack, and was getting all the praise.

This year though, in a 4141 system, we have two legit wingers in Pisanu & Romero (Nyassi) and two legit central players in Arnaud & Felipe. Consequently, our offense is way more diverse and less previsible, hence why Felipe seems less visible. Everyone creates opportunities for each other and we work as a 5 man attacking unit (Even 6 when Bernier gets involved) instead of a Felipe-MDV duo, like last year

Old
03-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I guess we can expect Valentine to be on the move soon ?
I like the guy but I can't see him cracking the starting lineup anytime soon.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:17 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

You guys are terrible. Felipe will get it together in no time and we'll all be singing his praises.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:

Excuse me?

I've watched all impact games last year and this year. If you tell me that Felipe has been good so far then you're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about. We all know what Felipe can bring to this team when he plays well, but he hasn't been effective so far.

If you're satisfied with Felipe's contribution this season then good for you, but I'm not, because I know he can be better, a lot better in fact. Our transition play and building offensive plays heavily depend on him, him and Bernier are our 2 key players in midfield.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Tribu

Could we sign Jonathan Beaulieu-Bourgeault? He's a 24 yo midfielder who played in Germany pretty much all his carrer even tough it was in 2/3/4 th division. He'S been unemployed for like 8 moths and could be some quality depth if we have injuries to Bernier/Felipe/Arnaud. He's also from Montreal.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:01 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasoad View Post
Could we sign Jonathan Beaulieu-Bourgeault? He's a 24 yo midfielder who played in Germany pretty much all his carrer even tough it was in 2/3/4 th division. He'S been unemployed for like 8 moths and could be some quality depth if we have injuries to Bernier/Felipe/Arnaud. He's also from Montreal.
Always thought he was terrible. He had training with TFC... When TFC doesn't sign you, it means you suck.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:33 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan75 View Post
Shame on me, I forgot about my man Tissot. Yeah, I think that would be the best solution if Schalli doesn't trust Iapichino. I thought Iapichino was decent though, and I don't understand why people thought he was that bad. The penalty was a clear dive and outside of that play, I thought he was solid. Not Brovsky solid, but solid nonetheless. I would like to see him push him the play a little more offensively though, that would help. Brovsky is doing it more this year and he is surprisingly good at it.

As far as the rest of the game is concerned, we can really say it was a tale of two halves. Our first half was probably our best half of the year offensively speaking. More possession, a few good runs and most importantly, A LOT MORE of creativity from the wings. I REALLY REALLY like what Romero brings to the table. He is effective as RW or LW and I like it. I like Pisanu too, but yesterday he was less noticable than Romero. We suffered for 10 minutes after losing Nesta, but outside of that, we really dictated the play during the first half. The second half was ugly. We were too passive and for a stretch of 10 minutes after their penalty, I thought we would get scored on. We bent and didn't break and eventually took control at the 80th minute when we switched to a 4-2-3-1 with the entry of Warner.

Felipe is fine IMO. He isn't as noticable as last year simply because all our offensive phases don't go through him anymore. Romero and Pisanu gives us fire power from the wing and it makes Felipe less involved in the play. He isn't as sharp as last year, but he will adjust. DOn't forget that he comes back from a big injury. His vision is still there and he still creates some stuff. I'm not worried and he certainly doesn't deserve to be benched.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:53 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:

Felipe is fine IMO. He isn't as noticable as last year simply because all our offensive phases don't go through him anymore. Romero and Pisanu gives us fire power from the wing and it makes Felipe less involved in the play. He isn't as sharp as last year, but he will adjust. DOn't forget that he comes back from a big injury. His vision is still there and he still creates some stuff. I'm not worried and he certainly doesn't deserve to be benched.
Well said.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Alexdaman

So nice to see the Impact lead the MLS in their 2nd season only. The way this city vibes for sports I'm very confident for our future I see us winning a championship in the next 3 years or so.

The more wins we get the more people will be willing to pay for tickets and jerseys and the more money we will have to sign good players.

Soccer has a bright future in Montreal as well as in the rest of NA although we can never be in the range of the champion's league, Seria A etc. I hope the MLS becomes at least more challenging than most of Europe's second divisions and Eastern Europe.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:27 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Also a great sign to see MLS team starting to pay Transfer fees for players. Thats great news. Obafemi Martins to seattle cost them 4 Million (Not sure if Euros or USD though). But thats a great sign. Shows we aren't just going to take free agents/players that are old and teams are ready to let go for free

Old
03-17-2013, 03:46 PM
gelu88

Looking at salary information, the players who seem to be paid more than they are worth are Valentin at 140k, Nyassi at 132k and Iapachino at 102k.

For comparison, Tossot, lefere, Ouimette and Brovsky makes 33k

I don't think there is enough trust in our prospects for them to trade Iapachino, but Valentin is obviously the odd man out right now.

Only a couple weeks back de Santis went to Argentina and looked at "at least 10 players". I think they are following the trend around the league and looking at finding quality unknown players instead of superstars. Players they could spend $500k- $1million on to provide quality as opposed to marketing power.

If they find their guy, I can see them trading Nyassi without consequence, plus trade Valentin and maybe Iapachio to make space.

We won't know this years numbers till may, and we have no idea how much allocation money they have at all.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Shame on me, I forgot about my man Tissot. Yeah, I think that would be the best solution if Schalli doesn't trust Iapichino. I thought Iapichino was decent though, and I don't understand why people thought he was that bad. The penalty was a clear dive and outside of that play, I thought he was solid. Not Brovsky solid, but solid nonetheless. I would like to see him push him the play a little more offensively though, that would help. Brovsky is doing it more this year and he is surprisingly good at it.
Iapichino was terrible as soon as he came on. TFC was exploiting our weakness on the left side during the whole 2nd half. Bostock was just outplaying him everytime he had the ball.

He's supposed to bring offense but he can't seem to make simple passes. And he sucks at tackling and marking too.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:20 PM
LeoHabs*

Felipe hasn't been bad

Hahah. Some people are overreacting with Felipe. He has been playing good. The first two wins of the season are thanks to HIM. He made the nice pass to Arnaud to win in Seattle, and he scored the GWG in Portland. Obviously, he's made a few mistakes, but this doesnt mean he should be benched or something haha. He's a legit starting player.

Continue the good work Felipe

Old
03-17-2013, 04:46 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Iapi's passing and decision making is below average. I don't think he's good enough for us and as mentioned, he's too expensive to be a bench warmer.

I think Valentin has a lot to learn and room to grow. We should keep him because Nesta will be gone next season and who knows how long we can keep Ferrari and injured Rivas. So Camara definitely moves to CB soon and that leaves the RB position open for him to grab again. And before you say Ouimette, he's going to take some time to be a starter so no rush.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:47 PM
fan75

Iapichino also takes an international spot, Valentin doesn't.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:43 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
I like the guy but I can't see him cracking the starting lineup anytime soon.
Sucks cause I'm a huge fan of him and he's a great player.

Closed Thread