HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Replacing a broken blade on 1-piece stick

Old
02-10-2013, 10:25 PM
rbarker26

vCash: 500
Replacing a broken blade on 1-piece stick

Couple months ago I broke my s19. Blade broke in half. I was wondering if I can just heat up the shaft and pull the blade out and replace it with another blade. I've read online that others did this for a warrior 1-piece stick. Thanks for any help

rbarker26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:36 PM
oStealthKiller

if its a one piece how do you plan to pull the blade out? you probably read about a two piece that had a composite shaft with a broken blade, you can pull that out

oStealthKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:36 PM
hitmanjat

The S19 is a true one piece stick, it has the eliptical taper near the blade which makes its all basically one piece. You cannot replace the blade on this stick, the only thing you could do is flip it (which i wouldnt recommend) but this throws the flex off completely.

hitmanjat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:47 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanjat View Post
The S19 is a true one piece stick, it has the eliptical taper near the blade which makes its all basically one piece. You cannot replace the blade on this stick, the only thing you could do is flip it (which i wouldnt recommend) but this throws the flex off completely.
Bingo. OP is SOL. Could throw an ABS blade on the other end and use it as a street stick

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:56 PM
rbarker26

damn that sucks. i loved that stick. oh well, thanks for the help

rbarker26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:23 AM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

Not completely true. You just have to find the spot where the taper sort of stops and cut the shaft there.

ReverendAlBundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:11 AM
AIREAYE

Having to extend it as a result would more or less render the stick as unnatural as if he were to use the other end. Possible though, never heard of anyone trying that with the Stealth sticks lol.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Don't bother with the S19. I tried. I think there's a spot you can fit a tapered blade in, but it's about a foot and a half up the shaft. And if you try to flip it and use the other end, you have that annoying taper to deal with.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:29 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendAlBundy View Post
Not completely true. You just have to find the spot where the taper sort of stops and cut the shaft there.
Not on a Stealth. With the Synergies, you can cut up bit by bit, and eventually you end up with an opening that fits a tapered blade. The elliptical hosel on the stealth makes it quite impossible to do anything with it short of flipping and throwing in a standard blade, which wouldn't be good for anything but street hockey.

Best use for it, IMO, is to do what a friend of mine did and make a bar top out of 2 foot long sections bunch of shafts of broken hockey sticks.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote