HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIV

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Silfverberg = Rundblad, ROR = Turris

Pls dont trade Zibby.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:20 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Silfverberg = Rundblad, ROR = Turris

Pls dont trade Zibby.
This.

I would muuuuuuuuuuch prefer to trade Silfverberg over Zibby.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Quo
I, too, don't get it

Yes please to ROR.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:26 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Would rather have Silfverberg than Zibanejad. I think he's just a smarter player that has a higher ceiling in the NHL. But that's just me. I wouldn't mind sending either the other way for a guy like Ryan O'Reilly to be honest. He's just a player you don't want to let slip through your fingers if you can help it.

Murray better get on that ****.

Either way, something is going to happen between this game and our next game IMO.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:32 PM
benjiv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Would rather have Silfverberg than Zibanejad. I think he's just a smarter player that has a higher ceiling in the NHL. But that's just me. I wouldn't mind sending either the other way for a guy like Ryan O'Reilly to be honest. He's just a player you don't want to let slip through your fingers if you can help it.

Murray better get on that ****.

Either way, something is going to happen between this game and our next game IMO.
Zibanejad has a much higher ceiling than Silfverberg. Silfverberg is more likely to hit his ceiling though.

Either way, I don't think either are included.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Goulet17

Just realized that Zibanejad is represented by Newport, so he would be a non-starter for Colorado. I just don't see the pieces for a deal to be done between the two teams.

Colorado won't have any interest in older players. The Avs are now in full tank mode that Erik Johnson is out indefinitely with a concussion.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
Zibanejad has a much higher ceiling than Silfverberg. Silfverberg is more likely to hit his ceiling though.

Either way, I don't think either are included.
Why does Zibanejad have a much higher ceiling than Silfverberg? I take the smarter player over the physical specimen every time. Anyway, I think Silfverberg has a higher ceiling...the way he dominated and played in the SEL was absolutely on another level to anything Zibanejad has shown. I know there's an age difference so maybe Zibanejad will surprise me, but for now I see Silfverberg as the better prospect.

...but like I said I'd trade either for ROR.

If Karlsson is out all year, do we put faith in Anderson or Lehner and move one of them for a "top" defenceman as well as ROR? Yandle? Bouwmeester? Wisniewski? Green?

Old
02-13-2013, 07:57 PM
RISPECK CLASS 101

IF Ek is done for any serious length of time and the team struggles but Andy continues to play strong I think we need to consider moving him and letting Lehner get some reps.

If the season is lost we may as well make the best of it by enhancing our pool of young talent.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:00 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Why does Zibanejad have a much higher ceiling than Silfverberg? I take the smarter player over the physical specimen every time. Anyway, I think Silfverberg has a higher ceiling...the way he dominated and played in the SEL was absolutely on another level to anything Zibanejad has shown. I know there's an age difference so maybe Zibanejad will surprise me, but for now I see Silfverberg as the better prospect.

...but like I said I'd trade either for ROR.

If Karlsson is out all year, do we put faith in Anderson or Lehner and move one of them for a "top" defenceman as well as ROR? Yandle? Bouwmeester? Wisniewski? Green?
No ... be patient ... lose the yr if we must, but don't make a panic move that hurts the team long term. Look to make moves that doesn't cost you your blue chip prospects. We still have guys that we could do without ... Bishop, Regin, Da Costa, Condra etc... they might not bring back a top 4 anything but add a first & one never knows.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
No ... be patient ... lose the yr if we must, but don't make a panic move that hurts the team long term. Look to make moves that doesn't cost you your blue chip prospects. We still have guys that we could do without ... Bishop, Regin, Da Costa, Condra etc... they might not bring back a top 4 anything but add a first & one never knows.
Getting another top 4 d-man would work in the long term for us anyway (especially someone like Yandle) to replace Gonchar.

If we were to get say Yandle and ROR it would fill holes in our team and make us a serious playoff contender next year with everyone healthy.

I hope something is done to be honest, but mostly on the ROR front. I don't mind having a bad season when we have this many injuries and getting a great draft pick, but I'd still like to see certain things done to help our team moving forward, too.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:25 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Now we need to trade for another Norris winner to replace EK.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:30 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Getting another top 4 d-man would work in the long term for us anyway (especially someone like Yandle) to replace Gonchar.

If we were to get say Yandle and ROR it would fill holes in our team and make us a serious playoff contender next year with everyone healthy.

I hope something is done to be honest, but mostly on the ROR front. I don't mind having a bad season when we have this many injuries and getting a great draft pick, but I'd still like to see certain things done to help our team moving forward, too.
I'm not against getting either I just don't want to sell the farm to get them especially with so many guys out, a top four anything isn't gooing to help us win the cup. Karlsson could be out for the season lacerated tendon.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:42 PM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyintherain View Post
IF Ek is done for any serious length of time and the team struggles but Andy continues to play strong I think we need to consider moving him and letting Lehner get some reps.

If the season is lost we may as well make the best of it by enhancing our pool of young talent.
I'd give team like 10-15 more games to see how they play without Karlsosn/Spezza. If it is clear the team is not going to make the playoffs well then you can make moves without looking like you are quitting on your players. I'd say at this point play both Anderson/Bishop and move one of them if the value is right.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:44 PM
LeafRaker

So does Murray consider trading Anderson? I mean, the way he's playing, he could probably bring back a blue chip prospect and a few picks. Who's in need of a goalie?

Old
02-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

Let the chips fall where they may. There is no reason we should move anybody in order to salvage this season.

Michalek, Gonchar and Regin can always be traded at the deadline but there is no need to move Silf or Zibby for a quick fix.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Buh-bye Gonch, thanks for everything.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:57 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
I just don't understand how we can be the frontrunner for O'Reilly. 5 milion is far too much for a 3rd line centre which he will be in Ottawa.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:58 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 177
I hope BM does not try to salvage this season and as much as I love Andy I think he should consider selling him super high a long with Gonchar and roll with Bish and a serviceable back up. I may indeed get my wish of drafting Jones so he and Karlsson can man the point and they can play ebony and ivory when they score oh how a boy can dream.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:01 PM
malcolmedge

I have an unthinkable question as per the rest of the season.

If it's clear that the Sens will be a lottery team would Murry ask Alfie if he could trade him to a contender to help rebuild?

I hate thinking it, but Alfie is done soon and I want him to lift the Cup with the Sens first but without Spezza/Karlsson their is no hope.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Probably just a knee-jerk reaction to the Karlsson injury, but I'm all for a rebuild part 2 right now.

Cash in on one of the goalies, Michalek and Gonchar.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
It would be beyond amazing if we could ship Alfie to Vancouver, try to get him a cup before he retires. He deserves it.

Other than Gonchar, I don't see much we can move at the deadline. Trading Anderson is a terrible idea, for so many reasons.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:05 PM
RISPECK CLASS 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix Rises 2026 View Post
Probably just a knee-jerk reaction to the Karlsson injury, but I'm all for a rebuild part 2 right now.

Cash in on one of the goalies, Michalek and Gonchar.
Andy is as hot as possibly for a goalie right now, trade him while his value is sky high. What teams realistically need a goalie and are considered in contention?

Old
02-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Topside

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmedge View Post
I have an unthinkable question as per the rest of the season.

If it's clear that the Sens will be a lottery team would Murry ask Alfie if he could trade him to a contender to help rebuild?

I hate thinking it, but Alfie is done soon and I want him to lift the Cup with the Sens first but without Spezza/Karlsson their is no hope.
Only if Alfie wants. If he doesn't want to then there is no package in the world he would be traded for. Also, any trade is contingent on him coming back to be in management... sniff...

Also, Value of: Craig Anderson.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Do not move Anderson. I don't care what the return is. His value as the confidence boost of this team is immeasurable.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:08 PM
malcolmedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
It would be beyond amazing if we could ship Alfie to Vancouver, try to get him a cup before he retires. He deserves it.
As a Canucks fan as well Im keeping $250 saved just in case.

Mayson Raymond (Change to Booth if he doesnt play well to start) + Rodin + 2nd for Alfie

Closed Thread